The Crew will not have pre-release reviews, says Ubisoft

IdortMasterRace

I'm sorry, before I can reply to anything else,

Maybe I'm the only one, but that meme picture you posted is sick. Seriously man, suicide is no joke. Please delete that picture. I've reported it to the Mods.

Ubisoft might be a company filled with asshats, but that's no reason to post something as inappropriate as that.

There was nothing wrong with what he posted, shut up.

I'm sorry, before I can reply to anything else,

Maybe I'm the only one, but that meme picture you posted is sick. Seriously man, suicide is no joke. Please delete that picture. I've reported it to the Mods.

Ubisoft might be a company filled with asshats, but that's no reason to post something as inappropriate as that.

Look around how the general responses are on LTT. Fits just fine. Personal fights everywhere, disrespecting language and so on. And nothing really done about it. That one pic doesn't make it worse as it is already.

I was really looking forward to The Crew :c If it's open world and shit like Watchdogs and AssCreed Unity, then fuck Ubisoft. Boycotting until further notice.

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

I'm more concerned about the game's performance.

-Will it utilize my hardware in an efficient manner?

-Will it have framerates appropriate for the graphics quality?

-Will it scale across a range of configurations?

-Will it have microstutter like Watchdogs, UNity and FC4?

Those are the question I want answered. If they can solve those issues, I don't mind paying money for it. Because I believe there's a fair chance the gameplay will be fun enough to justify the purchase. But Ubisoft's biggest problem atm is technical in nature. Why do all their recent games stutter? I though Watchdogs was a one off but no it has become a trend.

Poorly optimized games actually damage the PC ecosystem, they give people a negative impression about PC gaming, or even AAA gaming as a whole. It's bad for other devs and it's bad for us consumers.

Let me quote GabeN.

There's this presumption that our industry is a zero sum game, and it's so not a zero sum game. Nothing is more likely to make a customer less likely to buy other games than a really bad game experience. And nothing makes them buy more games, and want to buy more games, more than having a good gameplay experience.

http://www.pcgamer.com/we-ask-gabe-newell-about-piracy-drm-and-episode-three/

Nope.

Not like all of LTT cares about #GamerGate, but as a supporter and being belittled by the usual gamers are terrorists blah blah blah attitude by Ubisoft on top of their usual BS, I lost all interest in this game and the company's library. I'd rather wipe my own ass with a 50 vs giving it to Ubisoft.

Do you really want to pay full price for a game that also has microtransactions was fps locked and is managed by ubisoft?

If you do you deserve to jump in the hole ubisoft is digging.

I'm more concerned about the game's performance.

-Will it utilize my hardware in an efficient manner?

-Will it have framerates appropriate for the graphics quality?

-Will it scale across a range of configurations?

-Will it have microstutter like Watchdogs, UNity and FC4?

Those are the question I want answered. If they can solve those issues, I don't mind paying money for it. Because I believe there's a fair chance the gameplay will be fun enough to justify the purchase. But Ubisoft's biggest problem atm is technical in nature. Why do all their recent games stutter? I though Watchdogs would become a one off but no it has become a trend.

You should check out some of the footage available on youtube, as the Crew has had a few betas now; and there is lots of footage from random youtubers.

They just keep diggin, don't they

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

well, TB just did a video about this kind of thing, so I'm out.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

so wait for TBs review? Lol

Would be stupid if not.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

So basically another flop.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Nice to see IdortMasterRace's piracy justification is in full force. Way to go, contribute to making PC gaming worse. A+.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

There was nothing wrong with what he posted, shut up.

Thanks for your input, but I think I'll disregard it. Just because you see nothing wrong with it, does not mean that there isn't, nor does it disqualify others from feeling offended about it. Maybe you've never had anyone in your life deal with suicide, but I have. So, kindly go fuck yourself.

Look around how the general responses are on LTT. Fits just fine. Personal fights everywhere, disrespecting language and so on. And nothing really done about it. That one pic doesn't make it worse as it is already.

It might fit fine, but what does that say? That our community is going down hill fast, with all the personal attacks and inappropriate content. For the sake of GabeN, young kids browse this forum. They don't need to see that kind of stuff.

@c3p0_ I apologize for singling you out. i don't mean you specifically any ill will, but that sort of image can be kind of "close to home" for many of the users on here that may have had family or friends go down that path. I offer you my proverbial hand, and shall we get back to the juicy discussion of how terrible Ubisoft is? Because they're pretty terrible :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Nice to see IdortMasterRace's piracy justification is in full force. Way to go, contribute to making PC gaming worse. A+.

Indeed. I wonder if we shall ever get to a point where gamers in general can form behind the consensus that:

Boycotting != Pirating

If it looks like a piece of crap, or the devs and/or publishers are acting in a negative fashion, then simply don't buy it, and don't play it.

When will people learn that pirating sends the message "I like your game enough to play it, just not to pay for it". If it's good enough to play, then it's good enough to wait for a Steam Sale or a Humble Bundle. Pirating it tells the publisher that you WANT to play the game. That is not the message we should be sending them.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Thanks for your input, but I think I'll disregard it. Just because you see nothing wrong with it, does not mean that there isn't, nor does it disqualify others from feeling offended about it. Maybe you've never had anyone in your life deal with suicide, but I have.

And just because you think it's offensive, does not mean that it should suddenly be removed. Are you literally against free speech or something? Get a grip. Some people find shows like Breaking Bad offensive, guess we should ban them from being aired then.

So, kindly go fuck yourself.

And yet you whine about how the forum is filled with personal attacks and how young kids browse the forum. Epic.

Did I ask for your approval?

And yeah correct, I download games at first to see if they are actually decent games and not just some shitty dev trying to feed me shit. I don't like just throwing money at some company like a sheep. If the game looks high quality, has acceptable performance, and runs well, I buy the game at full price almost instantly.

I'd say that makes PC gaming better, rather than just paying $60 like a fucking idiot for a game that could likely be a shitty console port that barely runs.

It might fit fine, but what does that say? That our community is going down hill fast, with all the personal attacks and inappropriate content. For the sake of GabeN, young kids browse this forum. They don't need to see that kind of stuff.

Not the majority going downhill but with a larger community come more trolls to fill it with exactly that crude responses. They might want to rethink how to moderate this forum and actual give real punishment. I know from previous experience as moderator on serveral projects than one can simple not be everywhere at the same time. But it seems to be tolerated along the board to act like that. One simple can't teach them how to not be corrupt and don't report even when it should be. So for linus and his "gaming" audience I totally expect that behaviour on dicussions. If you think kids shouldn't watch that content it's their parents job, nobody else. And aside that when the forum staff thinks it's not their job to fix this community its non of our job either.

I'll be more carefull with my content, promise. But as said when problems aren't handled doesn't mean we can go ahead and try to fix them as the administration even thinks its rendundant to fix it. Otherwise the tos would be enforced which I don't see yet. But eh I'm not mod, so non of my buisness.

But yeah back to topic: -99 for ubisoft. Even all the bashing gets boring already.

I'm with Ubisoft on this one.

With the heavy focus on online play the game should not be reviewed until it is released.

If you want to know about basic mechanics and gameplay there is a ton of info available from the several betas they had.

While Ubisoft for sure deserved a lot of flak from things they've done before it seems people are just too eager to jump on the Ubisoft hate wagon on this one.

Not the majority going downhill but with a larger community come more trolls to fill it with exactly that crude responses. They might want to rethink how to moderate this forum and actual give real punishment. I know from previous experience as moderator on serveral projects than one can simple not be everywhere at the same time. But it seems to be tolerated along the board to act like that. One simple can't teach them how to not be corrupt and don't report even when it should be. So for linus and his "gaming" audience I totally expect that behaviour on dicussions. If you think kids shouldn't watch that content it's their parents job, nobody else. And aside that when the forum staff thinks it's not their job to fix this community its non of our job either.

I'll be more carefull with my content, promise. But as said when problems aren't handled doesn't mean we can go ahead and try to fix them as the administration even thinks its rendundant to fix it. Otherwise the tos would be enforced which I don't see yet. But eh I'm not mod, so non of my buisness.

But yeah back to topic: -99 for ubisoft. Even all the bashing gets boring already.

Yeah I think with a community this size, it's practically impossible for the Mod Team to enforce the CoC 24/7. There's just way too much content and users. And they can't just be giving anyone Mod powers, they have to be very careful and selective of that. Which is great. I think the Mods do a fantastic job given the community size.

I understand why they don't often dish out actual punishment. It can discourage users who had made an honest mistake. And it can make the community feel like they're living under an iron fist, which isn't conductive to a positive experience.

Anyway, Ubisoft seriously needs to hire a brand new PR staff to handle this shitstorm they seem to create every week. I swear there's always something new. Which is rather disappointing. Ubisoft used to be one of the best PC Publishers out there.

Ubisoft at this point should just shut up. Properly optimise and perfect their games and release them without too much PR and marketing. People already have them under microscope criticising their every move. They don't need anymore attention.

They just need to focus on making better games and removing the crappy Uplay.

The games will speak for themselves if they are done right.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker