You know you're a techie when. . .

When a small part of you dies because you see someone google search in there browser 'google', just so they can get to the home page...

I'm so sorry. Macbook Air Mid 2013. shivers.

I live in the place where a GTX970 here costs as much as a GTX980 in the US.

When you are going on a vacation with your laptop and you take your Windows DVD just in case. :D

My laptop doesn't like USB for some reason...

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Instead of clothes your closet is filled with empty boxes and parts from old builds

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

When my older brother asks me for help with his laptop, I'm 14 and hes 21. When telling him the problem with his USB ports he told me 'wow you really know you're stuff'

When your friends equipment breaks and they call you for a spare while they are waiting for their RMA to be processed...

Thats when you know you've built way to many computers

When the teacher is struggling to turn on the projector and everyone turns round and stares at me expectantly...

You check the specs of every computer that you go on, no matter where or what it is.

I do this all the fucking time

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

When everyone you know wants you to find them a new PC

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I do this all the fucking time

Found myself doing it sort of instinctively with the computer that the local sry cleaner uses. He was just starting at me like wtf......

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

When everyone you know wants you to find them a new PC

And then you get irritated when they get a really bad deal against your recommendations and then complain to you about it.

Sig under construction.

When someone brings you a "easy fix", fix the issue in 5 minutes and spend the rest of the day wondering "how the hell can anyone be that silly" :P

• 3 weeks later...

You check the specs of every computer that you go on, no matter where or what it is.

This haha.

PC Spec :

Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 3400G  ; Motherboard : MSI B450 A-Pro MAX ; RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX White 2 x 8Gb

GPU : Sapphire RX 5500 XT 8GB Pulse ; PSU : Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W, 80+Gold ; SSD : Samsung 860 EVO 250GB ; HDD 2 x WD Blue 1TB 3.5" ; Toshiba 1TB 2.5"

This haha.

I know you are new to the forum but can you please not quote anything older than 2 weeks. 

When you spend all your free time researching the newest hardware and ways to better optimize your build.
When you end up helping all your gaming friends overclock and customize their PCs even though you don't have the dough to build your own.

When my I.T. lecturer asks for advice on his PC build

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

I know you are new to the forum but can you please not quote anything older than 2 weeks. 

Ok :)

PC Spec :

Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 3400G  ; Motherboard : MSI B450 A-Pro MAX ; RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX White 2 x 8Gb

GPU : Sapphire RX 5500 XT 8GB Pulse ; PSU : Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W, 80+Gold ; SSD : Samsung 860 EVO 250GB ; HDD 2 x WD Blue 1TB 3.5" ; Toshiba 1TB 2.5"

It says nowhere in the CoC not to do so. Don't instruct people to refrain from doing things that do not break the rules. He's allowed to quote the first damn post if he really wants to.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

When you geek way hard on beautiful RAM sticks.

When you geek way hard on colormatching everything in your build.

When you look like an alien when "FX-XXXXs , XXXXKs and hardware's firmware versions X.XXXX" are in your household dictionnary.

When you just cannot allow anybody else to even think about using your rig.

When you plan builds all the time for fun.

When building rigs is "entertainment"  on the kitchen table.

When your girlfriend understands and argues/discusses over PC hardware.

Get the best you can afford.