Do you hate shortened url link? *poll*

like bit.ly or adf.ly etc..post your rants down below...

Details separate people.

Considering I deal a lot with tf2 trading, shortened links suck since they're a pain to determine if they're valid or phishing links. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

pretty damn convienent. I use a google's URL shortner with ShortPaste on my phone to make copying and pasting links super easy and they don't have any clutter.

However, trusting someone else's shortened URL... yeah..

As long as it's not one of those shortened links that make you go through seven ad pages before taking you to the stuff...

(nested adf.ly)

The ones like adfly suck but bit.ly ones are fine.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Only assholes post those.

IMHO.

Why? Please elaborate, I am genuinely interested on why someone would dislike them. I think they're great.

I use them. They make everything much more uniform looking. Plus, if a link is extremely long, shortening makes it everything ordered. Also, for some sites, bit.ly changes the links so that you know where the link is sending you (ex. ebay.to and amzn.to). I always saw it as doing a favor compared to pasting a wall of text.

If the link is short, then I usually don't shorten

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

No I do not like them. I can never tell if they are a good link.

Unless it's a URL that has a ton of characters in it I don't see why you have to shorten it. I like knowing where a link is going to take me.

I avoid shortened links unless I trust the person posting them. They're more helpful in situations where you're character limited like on Twitter.

I prefer most as they reduce clutter and take up less space in a page. I do hate them though if they are adf.ly, or any of those other ones that take you to pages and pages of ads.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

I naturally distrust them.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs