GTX 970/980 8GB Version Turns Out To Be False

Dicehunter

According to Gibbo who is one of the main buyers over at overclockers.co.uk also extremely helpful when it comes to customer service I might add, They are also one of the closest retailers/etailers to nearly all vendors in the enthusiast market as members of the company have design influences when it comes to motherboards, GPU designs etc... Today announced that after getting in contact with board partners and Nvidia themselves have been told news sites have literally just made this up to get hits as they have no plans any time soon to bring out 8GB versions of the 970/980.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27138418&postcount=82

P.S To the NCIX news team, You might want to fact check before reporting ;)

EYcIedl.jpg

Original 980 8GB articles - 

WCCF - http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-8gb-gddr5-november/

Kit Guru - http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/nvidia-to-reveal-geforce-gtx-970980-with-8gb-of-memory-in-november-of-december/

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

81e0af215ea87afb53613a295d79329f.png

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

As Linus has said before, if anything gets leaked it is because nvidia wants it to get leaked. If nvidia says it is not true, then it definitely was not a leak and was make up by the media.

Anyway, there is no point in having 8GB of vram on a consumer graphics card. People who are playing at 4k ultra textures can afford to buy the new top-of-the-line graphics card when it gets released.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Basically, every board partner wants to sell us something that is almost useless and NVIDIA is just like kden.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I don't see WCCF

As for the topic, yay!

8GB of VRAM is pointless on a 970/980 unless you were doing something crazy with it.

wccf were the ones who made a post about the 8gb cards, watch the netlink video 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Too bad like 70% of the stuff on the WCCG website turns out to be true

too bad that they've done so much i can't trust them  

Specs

wccf were the ones who made a post about the 8gb cards, watch the netlink video 

Well OP shoulda linked the original post.

We all know that they are notorious for making false news. Claiming that "rumors" are "news" .

Like a 12 Core Phenom with half the TDP of a FX CPU. 

We all know that they are notorious for making false news. Claiming that "rumors" are "news" .

Like a 12 Core Phenom with half the TDP of a FX CPU. 

the 12 core phenom with a low tdp was impossible in the first place  

Specs

Unless AMD invested a lot of time and money in the R&D department. 

Done :)

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Stop believing anything you read on WCCF.

Linus is my fetish.

Not to mention it was a photoshop prank from OCN forums anyway.

Linus is my fetish.

Another "Leaked" article has sprung up and the word straight from Nvidia is, Sites are literally making these up, Click bait.

pVUbJvt.jpg

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter