MSI laptop with REAL cherry mechanical keyboard

Nagby

Source

First of all, damn this laptop looks weird, There's a hybrid touchpad next to the keyboard, which functions as a number pad too, and it seems like the whole keyboard including the power button(s) is moved down, leaving a pretty much useless space above the keyboard.

What is interesting, is the fact that this keyboard has actual Cherry MX Brown switches, making this the first laptop in the world to include a mechanical keyboard, as far as i know.

The laptop has a 18.4 inch screen, and probably  a 1920x1080p resolution.

The laptop weighs about 4.5Kg, making this a pretty heavy device.

Thickness will be almost 5 centimeters thick, 49.1mm to be exact, but hey, what do you expect from a laptop with a Cherry mechanical keyboard :P

The pricing and exact specifications will be revealed at the official launch.

MSI-GT80-Titan-e1414668371426.jpg

Tf160Q4.gif OOOFTT

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

It looks absolutely disgusting.

If you want a Cherry MX keyboard with your laptop so bad, buy a Ducky Mini or some other 60% keyboard instead of carrying around this pile of crap...

Having said that, nice specs! Still want a GS60 :)

INTEL i5 4670 (non-K) | MSI H81I | XFX Black Edition R9 280 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB

Seasonic M12II EVO 620W | SEAGATE Barracuda 2TB

CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport 8GB | CM Elite 130

My days of not considering laptops are seriously coming to a middle.

Once they make the keyboard wireless and detachable so my eyes don't have to be where my hands are, I'll get interested. Until then, I'll enjoy the 50cm of vertical space between the bottom of my monitor and the top of my keyboard.

Keyboard goes in lap, person sits up straight, and the middle of the monitor level with the eyes. Given my body measurements and monitor size, this implies 50 cm. I can imagine laptops having as good an ergonomic setup, but only if they get used like I've literally never seen them used before, ever. I spend a lot of time at the computer, and the only reason my body hasn't destroyed itself is because I take ergonomics seriously, meaning I can't do mobile. This laptop looks to be the first step in changing that so, even though it looks like an eldritch horror, I'm 100% behind it.

Once they make the keyboard wireless and detachable so my eyes don't have to be where my hands are, I'll get interested. Until then, I'll enjoy the 50cm of vertical space between the bottom of my monitor and the top of my keyboard.

Keyboard goes in lap, person sits up straight, and the middle of the monitor level with the eyes. Given my body measurements and monitor size, this implies 50 cm. I can imagine laptops having as good an ergonomic setup, but only if they get used like I've literally never seen them used before, ever. I spend a lot of time at the computer, and the only reason my body hasn't destroyed itself is because I take ergonomics seriously, meaning I can't do mobile. This laptop looks to be the first step in changing that so, even though it looks like an eldritch horror, I'm 100% behind it.

so you would like something like that but with a battery? http://www.notebookreview.com/notebookreview/dell-xps-m2010-review/

But the thing is, when at home, you can use an external display, or use a laptop stand and use a full keyboard and mouse

When you are on the go you have the build in display,...so you basically have a desktop when at home, and a laptop when you need to move it around

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That looks horrible, it's not worth it, the compromises that had to be made IMO.

The thicknes of this laptop has also to do with the size.

They have to make it thicker than a regular laptop because it is gigantic, and i don't think MSI wants to see post on the internet telling that their laptops are bending like the iPhone 6+.

I hope that they are going to use an IPS screen instead of the regular TN pannels on their gaming orriented products

Cherry should make slim keys for laptops

there is thinner than MX mech switches, but not near as thin as what laptops usually have

no mousepad?

Do u not know what "touchpad" is for or did u just type the question with eyes closed ? :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Do u not know what "touchpad" is for or did u just type the question with eyes closed ? :D

I hope you know that i meant touchpad or trackpad and not Mousepad  :D 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

reaction about the last wan show (all that is my own opinion) :

i don't think locking the mech keyboard in the standard location and trying to fit the hardware around it is a good compromise

as you would get at least 1 air exhaust at the side (hand burning)

but mostly because (if the keyboard stay at the same height as here) the palm rest formed by the rest of the laptop body will be at the height of the top of the leys unpressed which will probably don't be ergonomic (hands angle)

or if the keyboard is raised above, then the screen would need "walls" around it so when the laptop is closed, it IS closed + extra height of empty space.*

*like here but with more thickness for the hardware under

capture_by_nagby_d84jo2z_by_nagby-d84jqr

from what i saw, what bother peoples with that laptop is weigth/size and ergonomic, but mostly look, as it doesn't look like most laptops

thats why i think they should have used more that "useless area" for look (window or custom plates)

and for weight/size it is actually smaller and lighter than the m18x so it's still realistic ... for a 18" laptop

and ergonomic, i honestly don't know if it is better worst or the same as other big laptops, need to test it.

and i think there is a good way to put a mech keyboard on a laptop, as ~40% of the peoples here are apparently down for it

but i personally never tryed mech keyboard so idk if i would want one more than standard laptop keyboards.

I'd rather a slimmer gaming laptop like the aorus line and a 60% keyboard (V60 mini, poker ii) set on top.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

I hope you know that i meant touchpad or trackpad and not Mousepad  :D 

I do. Pls look at the 2nd picture pls. it SAY "touchpad" because that numpad is a DISPLAY and can go away when u need to use it for mouse.............

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Wow that looks funky.

I wish the keyboard was more closer towards the screen, atleast that way the empty space could be said to be a wrist rest area.

• 2 weeks later...

video update : 

imo it looks better here than on the only pic we had so far

• 1 month later...