Watch US netflix without connecting to US servers with BlackVPN

Rekx

@dalekphalm @ShadowCaptain @dalekphalm

After 2 min they responded to my ticket with this answer :-) 

It works very similar to the Smart DNS services out there - but instead of the Smart DNS service knowing your real IP address it only knows the VPN server addresses. Some HTTP/HTTPS requests are intercepted by our DNS system and they redirect you to a US or UK proxy that we have. So it is a combination of VPN + smart DNS on the one service 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

@dalekphalm @ShadowCaptain @dalekphalm

After 2 min they responded to my ticket with this answer :-) 

Thanks for that

I will just stick with Hola 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The router option sounds interesting. I happen te need a new router and have the 4tv netflix, but would like to have all the US content. (because in Belgium it sucks).
And since the 4'tv connect to netflix via the samsung app I would need a VPN on router level.

I live in demark aswell and i use Hola Unblocker. I don't have any issues with netflex speed and connection it works fine...

And my internetspeed is 2/½mbps yes thats right 2/½mbps not gbps...

The router option sounds interesting. I happen te need a new router and have the 4tv netflix, but would like to have all the US content. (because in Belgium it sucks).

And since the 4'tv connect to netflix via the samsung app I would need a VPN on router level.

I think you need dd-wrt. But yes, when watching 4k content this is perfect. 

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I live in demark aswell and i use Hola Unblocker. I don't have any issues with netflex speed and connection it works fine...

And my internetspeed is 2/½mbps yes thats right 2/½mbps not gbps...

TDC or Stofa much? xD :-D

I think you need dd-wrt. But yes, when watching 4k content this is perfect. 

Indeed, but I bricked my last DD-WRT router. It worked very good until I forgot my password, did a reset, logged in, changed my subnet port, restarted, bricked router. Sad sad day :'(

So now I need a new router, so maybe I'll buy the blackVPN router witch DD-WRT on it and test it with netflix.

Indeed, but I bricked my last DD-WRT router. It worked very good until I forgot my password, did a reset, logged in, changed my subnet port, restarted, bricked router. Sad sad day :'(

So now I need a new router, so maybe I'll buy the blackVPN router witch DD-WRT on it and test it with netflix.

I bricked mine too. I had an issue where I would come home and it would be defaulted like someone hit the reset button. Now me being paranoid I decided I would disable remote access, and disable the reset button because I thought maybe someone was entering my house and resetting it... Well, I accidentally disabled local access too... so now it's a pretty little brick that lights up. I can't reset to factory (because I'm dumb and disable the reset button) and I can't ssh or telnet into it (also because I'm dumb). 

I bricked mine too. I had an issue where I would come home and it would be defaulted like someone hit the reset button. Now me being paranoid I decided I would disable remote access, and disable the reset button because I thought maybe someone was entering my house and resetting it... Well, I accidentally disabled local access too... so now it's a pretty little brick that lights up. I can't reset to factory (because I'm dumb and disable the reset button) and I can't ssh or telnet into it (also because I'm dumb). 

Not even a 30/30/30 hard reset?

Damn lol that sucks. I'd suggest refraining from disabling the reset button in the future :P If they have physical access to your router, then you have WAY BIGGER PROBLEMS then someone trying to reset the router.

If you're worried about someone physically entering the house/apartment, I'd suggest setting up an IP Camera (preferably with onboard storage as a backup), hidden somewhere facing the router.

Have you tried taking the cover physically off, to see if there is a backup reset jumper switch or something that will bypass the lockout?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I ended up hating HOLA. Never actually works, especially on mobil. The servers are painfully slow and has a lot of downtime. So for me paying 5 dollars per month is worth it. But i guess not everyone can be happy with a product ;-)

Pretty much my experience as Hola became more popular. I have the £25 a year premium membership and its very fast with all the crappyness gone. 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Also use Hola extension with Chrome. It's simple, easy, free and works great (for me) 99% of the time. :)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

• 9 months later...

Watch BBC iPlayer when connected to the USA VPNs. Watch Netflix USA and Hulu when connected to the UK VPNs. Cool huh?All of our VPNs encrypt your internet traffic to prevent monitoring by your ISP/government/work/school, unblock censored websites, keep you safe from hackers on WiFi hotspots and stop incoming threats like DDoS attacks while you play online games. 

one day media companies will realise that this is a connected globe and that they should release everything for the whole world at the same time, and since its the internet there are no issues other then them being dicks.

Maybe one day people that aren't educated with copyright laws will understand that doing that will make licensing companies go out of business. Licensing content is an industry, you can't just make it go away overnight.

one day media companies will realise that this is a connected globe and that they should release everything for the whole world at the same time, and since its the internet there are no issues other then them being dicks.

Well, some governments do block content based on outmoded ideals of "decency". Not realizing that it's up to people to decide what content they wish to view.

Maybe one day people that aren't educated with copyright laws will understand that doing that will make licensing companies go out of business. Licensing content is an industry, you can't just make it go away overnight.

And how exactly would forcing them to include more customers at once, make them go out of business?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

because something is an industry does not mean it should remain an industry, and im quite knowledgeable on copyrights laws and trade marks and still hold the view that region restriction is no longer a good idea

because something is an industry does not mean it should remain an industry, and im quite knowledgeable on copyrights laws and trade marks and still hold the view that region restriction is no longer a good idea

^was never a good idea.

Unless you believe the nonsense that corporations exist solely to make money.

^was never a good idea.

Unless you believe the nonsense that corporations exist solely to make money.

it was arguable a necessity 50 years ago when media had to be distributed physically and that's what the companies did but thats no longer the case

it was arguable a necessity 50 years ago when media had to be distributed physically and that's what the companies did but thats no longer the case

Just out of curiosity, why is/was region locking a necessity for physical media?

Just out of curiosity, why is/was region locking a necessity for physical media?

it wasn't about region locking it was more about distribution companies having the rights to distribute in this area and thus being paid to distribute it to cinemas and tv stations etc transporting reels of tape from country to country is expensive and time consuming so when a company got the rights to distribute a specific product they wanted protection so there costs do not go to waste, however the costs are now so low with the internet that there really is no more point to it. its was never really perfect but it was needed in the past as a way to just get the content distributed.

Indeed. What I find quite frustrating though, is the exclusive rights for traditional broadcasters, like Sky. These carry over to both online and traditional satellite platforms. I was hoping that the industry would move towards splitting these licencing deals, but it seems traditional platforms still carry too much weight. Hopefully that changes over time. Cable and satellite companies still rule the market.

But I totally agree, HBO aren't going to offer an online service in the UK. When sky give them a boatload of money upfront for exclusive content. A deal which has been ongoing for a long ass time. And it's a similar story for many broadcasters in many countries. These deals are rooted deep into the workings of the industry.

Perhaps in time if HBO go is a huge success, we might get a situation where HBO would retain the rights to online streaming. While just selling the rights for sky to broadcast on satellite. It's for these reasons, I always support Netflix, even though they don't have that much content in the UK. I want their market significance to grow.

You mean how this media companies very quickly realized digital music and digital distribution was really the future of Music? Oh...wait it took em years and millions upon millions in pointless lawsuits to realize they couldn't reverse the tides so to speak.

No this will be a long, tiresome and pointless battle for years to come while this fucking assholes still try to make all their money from cable redistributors before they finally give up and eliminate regional restrictions.

-------

Current Rig

-------

And how exactly would forcing them to include more customers at once, make them go out of business?

Not quite sure how to explain.

Let's see, Company A makes a TV show, allows streaming in the US and Canada, Company B buys the license to stream/distribute it in the UK. Company C is allowed to stream/distribute it in Australia. What people want is for Company A to allow streaming in the US, Canada, UK, and australia. Company A, B, and C have been doing this for over 50 years, what do you want company A to do, say FUCK YOU to company B and C and allow streaming in the UK and Australia? That's what everyone's "region blocked streaming is stupid" argument looks like to me.