anyone tried firefox lately?

Sammael

It seems a lot better than before, much better tab layout, snappier.   And less restrictions on addons that say, download youtube videos, not that I would ever do such things.  That would be wrong.  If I can't find that song on the streaming account I pay for monthly, I should just go download ala carte, or if thats not possible, buy a physical record and jump through more hoops....

yeah.. anyway.  Might want to check it out as a backup browser in case you were away for awhile.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Firefox hasn't really improved, Chrome has just gotten worse.

even the new IE is better than Chrome at this point.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I am using firefox right now, and i haven't had it crash in about a month. it seems to be working great. :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Using it now, and seems to be working great. Runs really fast, even on my old Dell (in my sig).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I think both might have happened.  I've noticed some sluggishness in chrome at times that should not be there.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Jump on the IE bandwagon, chrome has issues, firefox has issues. As soon as I figured out I can use adblock on IE, I was so happy, you just have to download and then manually turn it on. It's just sad that I can't use reddit enhancement suite.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Nope... I've had no reason to. I use a chromium based browser from a third party source so my browser doesn't crash every second.

Jump on the IE bandwagon, chrome has issues, firefox has issues. As soon as I figured out I can use adblock on IE, I was so happy, you just have to download and then manually turn it on. It's just sad that I can't use reddit enhancement suite.

As if IE doesn't have issues...

Runs kind of bad on my shit laptop, but on my brother's T410 (i5-550M, 4GB RAM, Intel iGPU), it runs AMAZING.

Yeah, I recently moved to Firefox for that very reason. People are saying with 64bit chrome things have changed but they didnt so I gave up, and so far im loving Firefox like 10x more lol.

Using 64 bit chrome beta i dont know whats there to complain about other than moar speed please?

Until firefox doesnt get rid of adobe flash player plugin or itegrates it like chrome im not gonna use it, firefox and chrome are equal to me for some time but none have improved much.

64 bit version theres barely any difference.

I've always used firefox, I like its awesome bar, typing in it and it automatically looks for sites you've already visited, I love that.

I only use firefox, mostly due to the fact that its faster than chrome for me and my chrome is all muffed up and slow.

That was probably an opinion 

Using 64 bit chrome beta i dont know whats there to complain about other than moar speed please?

Until firefox doesnt get rid of adobe flash player plugin or itegrates it like chrome im not gonna use it, firefox and chrome are equal to me for some time but none have improved much.

been on waterfox for a few moths now, if there's something mozilla should improve is freaking html5 integration, having to get flash just so i can watch youtube videos is absurd ¬_¬

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I switch between Safari and Firefox depending on whether I'm connecting to a lot of FTP servers. Safari doesn't have FTP support, Firefox does. As far as stability goes I think Safari and IE are the most stable currently closely followed by Firefox and then Chrome is sort of hanging around...I've just become sort of dispassionate about Chrome lately. It was certainly a wakeup call to the rest of the industry but I don't like all the data it collects by default and it just hasn't been working well for me lately.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

@Builder yeah i guess its also different uses and OS'es in the middle of all this.Most of what i like about chrome is staying signed in and all my settings/extension/bookmarks are all saved nicely in there when i reinstall chrome for whatever reason sign in and its all working perfectly like i never reinstalled it,also best support for youtube cause i watch a LOT of youtube content.Firefox on the other hand its Sync support is kinda meh,its there but not that great,and the flash player omg,id rather watch youtube on my droid phone than using firefox with flash its such a terrible experience.

not firefox, but waterfox. which is fast like chrome but more stable. and i have it up 24/7 (using it as for my F@H control center)

Regular Firefox user here...

Sync is a nice thing to have... Layout and performance-wise, it's better than Chrome imo... The 'clear history and cache upon exit' is also a wonder...

Not to mention the huge addon library...

I've been using firefox for a while now...... there are addons that allow you to download videos from streaming websites?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I've been using firefox for a while now...... there are addons that allow you to download videos from streaming websites?

Yep... I use DownloadHelper to archive some 'stuff' for offline use...

Yep... I use DownloadHelper to archive some 'stuff' for offline use...

How useful! I certainly wouldn't use this product for....naughty things lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I use chrome, I feel that Firefox is sluggish and crashes every third second. 

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I haven't used Firefox, but all I know, it actually uses less RAM than Chrome. Some tabs on Chrome are huge RAM hogs (I'm looking at you, LTT.) But IE is never a go-to. Too much crapware works with IE and even FF and Chrome work better than that IE shit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

the 64bit version of chrome for me raped ram xD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015