anyone tried firefox lately?

Sammael

the 64bit version of chrome for me raped ram xD

Yes its the same for me its kinda crazy i dont think that the 64 bit is properly optimized imo.If i launch chrome with and empty file no thing else runing on the browser it uses 500MB of ram  five freaking hundret... wat?but then i have tons of bookmarks and couple extensions soo idk which is the culprit,but it works and no crashes i cant complain,the experience is great and i have 8gb of ram i would have to run bf3 + bf4 same time such that chrome wouldnt have enough ram.

Yes its the same for me its kinda crazy i dont think that the 64 bit is properly optimized imo.If i launch chrome with and empty file no thing else runing on the browser it uses 500MB of ram  five freaking hundret... wat?but then i have tons of bookmarks and couple extensions soo idk which is the culprit,but it works and no crashes i cant complain,the experience is great and i have 8gb of ram i would have to run bf3 + bf4 same time such that chrome wouldnt have enough ram.

same here, 5 non heavy tabs could use 4gb+. Also for future use, hit shit+esc for chromes task manager. It shows how much ram/cpu each tab/extension is using

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I've been using firefox since I stopped using Opera over a year ago...

The only times it "crashed", was due to Flash player, but that hasn't happened in a while now, I guess they finally fixed it?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Well even so i think ill stick with chrome unless it uses 7 gb of ram to run 1-2 tabs,i just installed firefox sec ago to check whats new,im not messing around or anything thats what i got.

Both waterfox and firefox have same eror i hate flash player...

yeahright.jpg

Annnd nope back to chrom

mqnp3rw7dggseurtnhne.gif

Firefox tends to use huge amounts of memory after a very short while.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

FF for life! You will never pry my extensions from my installation folder. And yes I used Chrome for nearly a whole year because FF and Win8 didn't get along at first.

Firefox has been my daily driver for years. The newest major update did make it snappier and more stable. I'm really liking it, except it hangs up for a moment when I visit espn.com. Just that website. Other than that, no complaints.

ive been rockin fire fox since friggin netscape xD

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.