What is your go-to in game weapon?

Just thought i'd make a poll to see what kind of weapon is the most popular in games. (At least on this forum.)

Feel free to add why you prefer it in the thread too^^

For me it's shotguns. Preferably lever or pump action.

Fully automatic ones just make it too easy for me. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWq1Z-J-EE

Unfortunately there are a few games where the shotgun has as much punch as canned air.

So when you've gotten in close to someone and you are about to pull the trigger for the first time in that game
You get this....
dean13_zps62007b84.gif

Sometimes it's just a matter of aiming for the head instead but at that range it should at least hurt.
Then there are the games that do shotguns justice. With a meaty sound and animation when firing.
dean-oops_zpsc736ee24.gif

When i get into a game like that i can generally get as many kills as i'd like.

And if it's got a pretty slow racking animation that just adds that extra bit of tension in situations where you're taking on 2-5 guys at once <3

Marsellus-Wallace-gun_zps55f0b20b.gif

Marsellus Wallace doesn't look like a bitch with that in his hands now does he xD

So what's your favourite gun in games? 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Always the Semi-Auto assault rifles. I just suck with everything else :P

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Rifles in general are like the best of all worlds kind of thing, in really a bullpup or smg might be better for someone of my strength level. For balancing reasons shotguns sucks balls in all games but in real life they have pretty nice range.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Assault Rifle

2014 - EVGA 780 SC ACX | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | VGA248QE | Fractal Define r4

2015 - EVGA 980 | 4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X41 | Asus ProArt 1080p IPS | Fractal Define r4

2017 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 6600K | Strix z270e | Trident DDR4 3GHz 16GB | RM650 | NZXT X42 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair Crystal 460x

2021 - MSI Gaming X 1080 Ti | 5600X | Strix B550-F | Trident Neo DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | Dark Power Pro 12 1500W | EK AIO Basic 360 | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

2023 - Asus TUF 4090 | 5800X3D | Strix B550-F | Viper DDR4 3.6GHz 32GB | RM1000x | h150i 360 Elite LCD | LG OLED B9 | Dell U3415W | Corsair 5000D Airflow

black-box.jpg

That +15 health per hit doe

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

I would use a semi-auto rifle, good for long range if you have the aim. I would never use a shotgun though. Hate them, I would rather use a slingshot than a shotgun.

I've always enjoyed melee weapons over range. Elder Scrolls, Armored Core, Phantasy Star Online, Fallout... Even in Halo. Love me some energy swords.

nuke-cloud_wallpapers_12631_1024x768.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Simple:

--snip--

Yay! a shotgun buddy^^ 

Have some buckshot

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

When shotgun buddies ride in a car together....

.... Who drives???

Hmm.. Google? xD

Bolt Action Rifle / anti materiel rifle

But i like me some handguns as well like the 1911. 

--snip--

<3

I haven't managed to find any games with 20mm rifles yet  :( The lahti would've been fun to use.

The 50cal in far cry 3 is pretty nice though  ^_^

Nothing beats a good old 1911 Colt. But I like the one handed SMGs as well like the Mac10. But I like to vary it up.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

It depends on the game but the AK 74 ( 5.45x39mm ) or the AK 47 ( 7.62mm ) are always good. A special mention to the Abakan.

When it comes to NATO guns, I would go with the SIG 550.

When it comes to singleplayer games, I play mostly S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and similar. That means I have to fight both humans and mutants.

In that case a shotgun is a must.

Most of the times the SPAS-12 has way too much recoil ( so if you are panicking because there is a Bloodsucker chasing you, you won't be able to land 2 shots in a row). Usually I go with anything that's not a double barrel shotgun or SPAS-12.

Pistols? There's nothing better than the Colt M1911.

It just looks so good.

Canon from Serious Sam

--snip--

ooh! i haven't played serious sam since SS2.

would i be dissapointed if i played the newer ones?

ooh! i haven't played serious sam since SS2.

would i be dissapointed if i played the newer ones?

SS3 is weird. First 3 missions are prety bad (especialy the seccond one) but then it is really good and also it is more difficult than the old ones. I played trough it 4x but I am still returning to The Seccond Encounter which was the best in my opinion.

SS3 is actualy prequel to The First Encounter.

The moment when you get out of city and dungeons is the moment when it becomes very good and enjoyable.