WetRarity

RainColt

the fins of the rad will probably get clogged with algae/bacteria if its in the fish tank with the fish if you do the watercooling thing.

the mineral oil idea is really great though... :D

That could look pretty cool though, having algae hanging off of the radiator but I suppose it wouldn't be ideal. I was thinking of having one dual rad in the fish water as a passive cooling and heating as well as a single 140 rad out of the water having a temperature sensor in the water that would activate the fan 140 rad if the water got to hot.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Im following this as this is a majorly awesome build :D

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

That could look pretty cool though, having algae hanging off of the radiator but I suppose it wouldn't be ideal. I was thinking of having one dual rad in the fish water as a passive cooling and heating as well as a single 140 rad out of the water having a temperature sensor in the water that would activate the fan 140 rad if the water got to hot.

that sounds great. if you are doing a gpu in the loop i would probably change the 140 into a 240 for outside the tank... :)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Well you live you learn and today I learned that I didn't need to make a wierd "s' shape to accomodate a psu I just needed to rotate my motherboard. I did a ghetto mount just to see if it was possible and it turns out it is, i'll need to redo the motherboard tray out of a single peice of acrylic because what I have right now is just two pieces melted together and it really wants to crack.

post-1173-0-27031300-1412234404_thumb.jp

post-1173-0-09399200-1412234407_thumb.jp

Alot of this build is trial and error because honestly I don't have any other builds to use as reference, I've had to learn how to work with acrylic which is actually not as easy as the youtube videos make it out to be which is what scared me away from trying to cut 120mm circles in glass; if acrylic is this hard I'm certain to screw up with glass. Word of advice for cutting acrylic without the right tools, the cheapest tool is a hand saw and it works better than a fine bladed skill saw, i've actually just discovered that today. I've also had to learn about fish because with out them this may as we be an oil cooled computer. I've learned alot during this buid and I'm already considering tearing it apart and starting over with a new and better plan but I also realize how much work that would be so I very much consider this Ver.1.0 because I know I will in 6 months be redoing the shape of the computer enclosure and doing the silicon with a proper scraper tool and not an Xperia Z1 (hahaha yeah I did that, it's why it's so messy)

I've decided to go balls deep stupid. since I cant find a modern blue pcb motherboard for cheap, i've decided to finally send this motherboard back and when I get a new one, i'm going to spraypaint it white.

Alright another fun fact, you can't put metal in a fish tank for two reasons, 1) heavy metal poisoning 2) The metal degrades surprisingly fast and is apparently an ideal for mold to grow. Giving the heat sink a bath but I'm going to leave the fan in.

Can someone suggest a computer part that can be a similar centre piece but doesn't have metal on it that I cant remove?

Alright another fun fact, you can't put metal in a fish tank for two reasons, 1) heavy metal poisoning 2) The metal degrades surprisingly fast and is apparently an ideal for mold to grow. Giving the heat sink a bath but I'm going to leave the fan in.

Can someone suggest a computer part that can be a similar centre piece but doesn't have metal on it that I cant remove?

I think gold and silver degrade extremely slowly when exposed to air/water. So just uh... 3D print a gold heat sink (:

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

I think gold and silver degrade extremely slowly when exposed to air/water. So just uh... 3D print a gold heat sink (:

gold doesn't oxidize in water, but silver does.

Fan?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

gold doesn't oxidize in water, but silver does.

Hmm. Is it just silver that bacteria and mold don't grow on or was that somthing else?

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

Hmm. Is it just silver that bacteria and mold don't grow on or was that somthing else?

Ya Silver has a natural antibacterial property to it. If you place gold or copper into the water they should both be fine.

( Do not place Steel, Aluminum, Bronze, Tin, or any Powder Coated metal ) 

Spoiler

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

This is a very interesting build you got here, my favorite on the forum yet. Once it is done, I'll vote this one up for "Build Logs of the Week"

Spoiler

This is perfect, I was actually just wondering what to with my excess of gold but unfortunately I can't afford a 3D printer.

Well, I'm happy that I didn't just tear it apart inspite of all my planing, I started thinking that the curve was a waste of space because I had turned my mother board horizontal I could fit a PSU under it, turns out you realize just how big a PSU is when you have no space to work with. It's a ModXstream 600w, a semi modular PSU that I picked up for 50$ shipped which I though was a pretty good deal but alot of people have said that it's a bad PSU, I'm going to trust the reviews HardwareSecrets Guru3D  which say that it's fine.

post-1173-0-67409300-1412353977_thumb.jp

Alright, So I got the base paint of my PSU done and I also painted the replacement fan for the PSU because the fan that came with it is some generic piece, also I love the looks of noctuas, they are pretty.

post-1173-0-74612100-1412467939_thumb.jp

So I painted my PSU, I figured "I'm on a budget and I've got paints at home, I''ll just use a brush to do the fine detail instead of wasting my time cutting out a stencil" as you can see I'm not much of an artist but It's good enough for me. The power cord was white but I uses plumbing pvc dye to make it purple.

post-1173-0-26146900-1412492584_thumb.jp

Dude this is absolutely amazing!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

Dude this is absolutely amazing!

Yeah, I'm liking the results, It could be better but I'm limiting myself to a budget of about 250$ and whatever I have lying around the house. So hopefully I can finish it up with 180$, I'm thinking I might be able to have the lowest budget build log of the month.

Yeah, I'm liking the results, It could be better but I'm limiting myself to a budget of about 250$ and whatever I have lying around the house. So hopefully I can finish it up with 180$, I'm thinking I might be able to have the lowest budget build log of the month.

Out of curiosity, what hardware do you plan on throwing in? I'm too busy to try and find where you said it (if you said it).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Out of curiosity, what hardware do you plan on throwing in? I'm too busy to try and find where you said it (if you said it).

I don't think I did say it but. I'm going to use the Motherboard already in there, I should be able to RMA it...maybe.

I bought a 600W OCZ ModXtream Pro for 46$

I'm going with the cheapest processor I can find that is compatible with that board

Corsair Vengeance (white LP) 8gb 1600hz (got 16 gb of it for cheap a few years back)

cheapest blower style GPU I can find that is compatible with the PSU (found a broken 660 local for 30$ might try that out.)

and a 120gb Samsung 840 that I have lying around.

I don't think I did say it but. I'm going to use the Motherboard already in there, I should be able to RMA it...maybe.

I bought a 600W OCZ ModXtream Pro for 46$

I'm going with the cheapest processor I can find that is compatible with that board

Corsair Vengeance (white LP) 8gb 1600hz (got 16 gb of it for cheap a few years back)

cheapest blower style GPU I can find that is compatible with the PSU (found a broken 660 local for 30$ might try that out.)

and a 120gb Samsung 840 that I have lying around.

Whatcha gonna use it for? Bragging rights or... The coolest guest PC?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Whatcha gonna use it for? Bragging rights or... The coolest guest PC?

I was thinking about setting it up in the living room and using it as HTPC that can also play games, and that is also a cool talking piece.

I was thinking about setting it up in the living room and using it as HTPC that can also play games, and that is also a cool talking piece.

Shweet.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler