Mario Kart 8 is getting more DLC...and it's not free...

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/26/6071823/mario-kart-8-link-animal-crossing-dlc

Source 2: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-ddc/the-legend-of-zelda-x-mario-kart-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991121.html?utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=Tradedoubler&utm_campaign=VigLink%20UK

The first pack of the two adds Link, cat-suit Peach and tanooki-suit Mario, as well as four vehicles and eight tracks. It will be available in November of this year.

Pack 2, available in May 2015, adds Animal Crossing's Villager, Isabelle from Animal Crossing: New Leaf, the skeletal Dry Bowser, four vehicles and eight tracks.

Both packs are listed for £7.

Nooooooooo, Nintendo's starting to do not-so-free DLC. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, but now all of the major console players have paid DLC. I mean, at least for what you're paying you get quite a bit. For a price of £7 (~$11.50) per pack, you get a total of 6 new playable characters, 8 new playable karts, and 16 new tracks. The 16 new tracks alone make this DLC worth it IMO. 

I mean, it's a shame that Nintendo's starting to do actual paid DLC, but hey, it was bound to happen eventually. At least you're getting a good amount of content for what you're paying. 

As a side note, since Nintendo is hurting on money, this is a great way for them to bring in some more cash, which quite frankly they really need right now. 

Pack 1 will be out sometime in November of 2014. 

Pack 2 will be out sometime in May of 2015.

Bike.0.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

COMIC SANS

Link in Mario kart? Nintendo should just make a game of every genre using the(ir) entire roster of characters.

*Link in Mario Tennis*

"HYAA! HAAAA! HYA~!"

*Link in Mario Golf*

"Hya. Ha. Hya."

10/10 would play.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

to make a decent looking LoZ game

Subjective

instead of their shitbox?

It's just not for you. A lot of people love their WiiU (and other consoles for that matter). I myself am even planning on buying one. 

The WiiU is a great console with a lot of really cool looking games coming out for it. It took a while for it to gain momentum, but it's finally starting too. Once 2015 rolls around with a lot more cool games being released, then the WiiU will definitely be worth a buy. 

COMIC SANS

It's just not for you. A lot of people love their WiiU (and other consoles for that matter). I myself am even planning on buying one. 

The WiiU is a great console with a lot of really cool looking games coming out for it. It took a while for it to gain momentum, but it's finally starting too. Once 2015 rolls around with a lot more cool games being released, then the WiiU will definitely be worth a buy. 

Agreed somewhat. How can you not love this?

tumblr_mo7b6lMt0t1qg56ojo5_r1_1280.png

Oh wait. We were talking about the actual console?

I don't know. I've owned a lot of Nintendo consoles, but their lineup is something that has never made me want to actually own one. Like, I will own a PS4 and own a PS3 because of Sony's exclusives. But I have never owned a Nintendo console (i.e. not portables) because I wanted to play Mario Party, Metroid, or LoZ. 

I guess because there are so many iterations of those games that are emulatable. That may be why most other series only get 3 or so actual AAA games in other companies. Eventually, once the older stuff is emulatable, the way Nintendo releases new games, it's not that different. 

Not to mention the fact that the Wii can be emulated. Piracy probably means a lot more to Nintendo than it does to Sony or Microsoft. They've been around longer (meaning more systems and games to be emulated), their hardware is weaker in general (i.e. easier to emulate) and they keep basically selling the same games with slightly new features (there are exceptions, but generally this is true). If I can play Mario [anything] on a Wii, Gamecube, N64, or SNES emulator, why would I buy a Wii U to do the same but with a different roster and nicer graphics?

That sounds like one triple whammy that probably has significant affect on their bottom line and may be part of why they are as they are now, financially.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Subjective

Meh, I just get tired of the same cartoony looking stuff from nintendo, I want things to look "realistic", not cartoony.

I just want a Legend of Zelda game that looks as good, and is as massive, as skyrim..... is that so much to ask?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Some people are just not into consoles, like me.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Can I pay them to make a decent looking LoZ game, and put it on PC instead of their shitbox?

one can dream, though honestly at this point i think nintendo would rather die that release its games on other platforms and leave their own

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

one can dream, though honestly at this point i think nintendo would rather die that release its games on other platforms and leave their own

Indeed, that and make any game look good.

Meh, I just get tired of the same cartoony looking stuff from nintendo, I want things to look "realistic", not cartoony.

I just want a Legend of Zelda game that looks as good, and is as massive, as skyrim..... is that so much to ask?

xlarge_c7497096f1afd50f45e5c72072d6d37c.30353-1-1389488350.jpgLink+Armour.pnglink_1.jpg?itok=kZ_kSgbd0.jpg

Like, really, could you imagine if Nintendo fell off the wagon (i.e. went crazy) and just started releasing stuff like this (LoZ, Mario, and Metroid games with intensely realistic graphics), making a console with amazing hardware, and/or let their main titles be on other platforms, etc?

It'd sell like Hot cakes. 

Hot. Cakes.

At least the games would. They'd be opening to a new demographic who want to slay dragons in high fidelity, but, ya know, with a good story/lore and all that (like LoZ has).

Ganondorf-tn.png

Ah, yus.

† Christian Member †

xlarge_c7497096f1afd50f45e5c72072d6d37c.30353-1-1389488350.jpgLink+Armour.pnglink_1.jpg?itok=kZ_kSgbd0.jpg

Like, really, could you imagine if Nintendo fell off the wagon (i.e. went crazy) and just started releasing stuff like this (LoZ, Mario, and Metroid games with intensely realistic graphics), making a console with amazing hardware, and/or let their main titles be on other platforms, etc?

It'd sell like Hot Crack

Hot. Crack

Yes, yes it would.

And now I'm gonna be looking for that particular mod in skyrim. I JUST WANT MY MASTER SWORD DAMNIT >.<

Did Nintendo EVER make anything non "cartoony"`? as far as i know no, and i don't think it would work. how would you make Mario or Samus "realistic" without making them look Fucked up? 
That Skyrim mod is a bad example, it only shows links Gear, in a more "realistic" environment. and it looks sooo terrible on that elf.

Dunno...i just cant picture it to work.

is THIS what you want ?!
SuperMarioBrosGoM.jpg

I'd just like a good monster hunter on PC. There is one running on cryengine and is on PC. Lo and behold, it is only available in China.

Frankly, that's the point of their exclusives. The games make the system, and Nintendo has some really good ones. It could be awesome if some would make their way over to the PC, where I'd think they'd be right at home, but other 'party games' benefit from being on a console.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Did Nintendo EVER make anything non "cartoony"`? as far as i know no, and i don't think it would work. how would you make Mario or Samus "realistic" without making them look Fucked up? 

That Skyrim mod is a bad example, it only shows links Gear, in a more "realistic" environment. and it looks sooo terrible on that elf.

Dunno...i just cant picture it to work.

Twilight Princess and Metroid were pretty dreary if you ask me. What Metroid game looked cartoony besides Other M (which doesn't count)?

This isn't the first time Nintendo's done DLC so I don't know why this is a big deal. New Super Luigi U, Pikmin 3, and New Super Mario Bros. 2 are or have DLC, but only Luigi U is worth getting. I'll end up buying this because my Nintendo mind control card doesn't expire until 2100 and I won't say no to new HD courses.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I don't think a paid DLC is that bad. People worked to add content to a game, and making money from it makes sense.

Paid DLC the same day the game is released though, that's another story. That's stuff purposely left out to charge a little extra.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Well at least you get a bunch of stuff for 7pounds. Unlike other DLC from some publishers where you pay 10$ for a color change on a coat of the main character. Or worst, like content that should have been there in the first place, that are story related, purposfully removed and available as DLC on day 1. Also, 8 new tracks, means 2 new cups.

That said, what I am actually surprised is that there is no DLC for the battle mode stages. Using normal tracks sucks. It needs actual stadiums like previous version.

Well at least you get a bunch of stuff for 7pounds. Unlike other DLC from some published where you pay 10$ for a color change on a coat of the main character. Or worst, put content that should have been there in the first place, that are story related, purposfully removed and available as DLC on day 1.

That said, what I am actually surprised is that there is no DLC for the battle mode stages. Using normal tracks sucks. It needs actual stadiums like previous version.

I was just about to write that lol, and the price IS very good!