Watching without sound......Go Go Google captions (that are always wrong)

Ok I give up >< Ill watch it later

post-17790-0-84445900-1407917315.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This really really intrigues me. Its so elegant and simple. I may have to look into one possibly.

Watching without sound......Go Go Google captions (that are always wrong)

Ok I give up >< Ill watch it later

LOL

How is it that Google Now can recognize words almost flawlessly and youtube cannot ?

Because Google!.....

Wait what?

I recommend everyone watch with the captions and post results here :) It always makes for an entertaining read

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hipster Luke... they should make a full video on their ChannelSuperFun where they review something very obscure, but in hipster fashion, I would love to see that.

"A very inspirational quote"

Those are all standard extruded aluminum t slot parts. Minus the rubber or plastic end caps that help prevent owies.

I'm sure for less than $120 (open frame plus lower tier) plus UPS shipping (couldnt find info on the shipping charges, and I hate that being left up to the seller to decide, instead of an automated estimate system based on size/weight/location), most people could make something comparable if not better... I'm sorta surprised they'd make a video on this... all you need is some parts from minitec or a metal shop, a mitre box, saw, and either a file or sandpaper.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

In regards to the longer brackets needed for the rad, couldn't you get a small screw with a nut and just combine two? Or wouldn't it be strong enough? Just a thought.

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

Those are all standard extruded aluminum t slot parts. Minus the rubber or plastic end caps that help prevent owies.

I'm sure for less than $120 (open frame plus lower tier) plus UPS shipping (couldnt find info on the shipping charges, and I hate that being left up to the seller to decide, instead of an automated estimate system based on size/weight/location), most people could make something comparable if not better... I'm sorta surprised they'd make a video on this... all you need is some parts from minitec or a metal shop, a mitre box, saw, and either a file or sandpaper.

I work with this stuff on a daily basis at work as well (80/20)

but their pricing seems fair assuming I was a normal consumer who doesn't have a bandsaw, belt-sander, and taps to build this myself.

but that radiator "mount" is a complete joke and unacceptable - make a crossbeam with passthrough holes imo. 

but their pricing seems fair assuming I was a normal consumer who doesn't have a bandsaw, belt-sander, and taps to build this myself.

i guess you're right... it just seems a little crazy to me to charge more than a corsair obsidian 750d (assuming shipping will be $50 or more)

Actually. I brought my carbide 400r (my old hackintosh) home for my father, and I had to remove the side panels, front panel and top panel (it unscrews, its not riveted) to fit in my suitcase. so it was basically looking like a test bench. and its what? $100... and it could be an actual fully enclosed case.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

really tempted to just get some tslot and try to do a full case build with this stuff. Might be interesting for my next custom rig

In regards to the longer brackets needed for the rad, couldn't you get a small screw with a nut and just combine two? Or wouldn't it be strong enough? Just a thought.

It'll likely buckle in the middle given any serious weight like a full radiator. You'd need one solid piece for it to work.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I think @Slick should be hosting more videos in the future(he may be better than @LinusTech ;))

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Yeah I work with that stuff all the time. It's hard to be as impressed as Luke was when you know how easy and cheap it is to build.

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

Actually, if Slick were to PM me the length of that bracket and mailing information I could make and send him the longer brackets he needs for his radiator

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

LOL at Slick with the packing material and so on :)  I gave a like to the video on YouTube only because of the comical parts in the video.

One very smart thing that Spotswood did with this product was have things Allen key secured as yes it will be unlikely someone is carrying an Allen key around with them at a LAN Party .... until the millions see this video and things change :S

Overall though it sounds like this product has basic problems and thus not something I would buy or recommend others buying.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You should further secure the rad by moving its top mounting rail down. It looks like there are holes in the side rails for that purpose.

I like this set up for a test bench,especially when you got extra hardware lying around.Great job on the presentation Luke.

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

Neat. I do like the LukeTechTips thing a lot. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I work with this stuff on a daily basis at work as well (80/20)

but that radiator "mount" is a complete joke and unacceptable - make a crossbeam with passthrough holes imo.

Theoretically all you need is a dremel, a grinder and a set of taps, And i'm assuming that most techies have at least one of that lying around.

That price is what you get for a small obscure company.

You could also make triangular mounting pads for each of the radiator support screw-holes,, Ya know, to keep with the modular theme of it. 

For that psu issue, order a short rail that will run under the psu (from the front of the psu to the back) and secure it from the underneath to stop all that flex. 

:D

if you attempt to build that with a dremel and grinder instead of a bandsaw + belt-sander, that would take SOOO much longer and probably a whole set of dremel blades at least. unless these specific rails are low quality aluminum/metal (I only have experience with 80/20 from Grainger, which I would never ever waste time taking a dremel too)

for the amount of time to do that....again, if I was a regular consumer, I think the price is completely reasonable vs the time/effort of building this myself. I think the bigger question just leads back to if spending this much on a test bench is worth it at all to you - most people would suffice with the motherboard box for basic test bench trouble shooting

FYI - Spotswood has lots of extra's Slick can order to help some of the issues.

On my 4P folding systems, I ordered extra parts and did not have the issues with the PSU mount as I had extra braces and mounts.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99