Flight Simulator 2015 Coming. DirectX12 demo?

GoodBytes

Polygon reports that Dovetail Games, the company behind Train Simulator franchise, will develop and publish Microsoft flight simulator for 2015, the company announced today.

i_172933.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

"We are very proud of the strong community we have created around the Train Simulator series of products, and we are looking forward to extending our knowledge and experience into working closely with the flight simulation community," Dovetail COO Steve Bainbridge said. "We know that they are a very knowledgeable, passionate and committed group of individuals and we welcome their feedback and involvement as we start to create the next generation of games in this area."

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/9/5884419/deovetail-games-microsoft-flight-train-simulator

Holiday 2015 is the date that Microsoft said DirectX 12 will come out. Flight Simulator 2010 did showcase DirectX10, so perhaps this new flight simulator will showcase a bit of DirectX12.

CORRECTION

Correction posted by Polygon on the article:

A previous version of this article's headline said that Dovetail would be making a Microsoft Flight Simulator game. A representative for Dovetail clarified that the game due in 2015 will be made with Microsoft Flight Simulator technology but not be released as a Microsoft Flight Simulator game.

Wow i didnt know DX12 was so far off :S

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

inb4 4000$ worth of dlc shoved into the game store...

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

inb4 4000$ worth of dlc shoved into the game store...

Well considering M$ pulled that crap with Microsoft Flight, it wouldn't suprise me if they did that.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

I really really hope it turns well this time. The past FS Simulators from MS were really poorly made and still run bad today on good machines(especially the scenery).

I want DX12 NOW

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Aww jissss *dust off joystick bought for FSX*

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I really really hope it turns well this time. The past FS Simulators from MS were really poorly made and still run bad today on good machines(especially the scenery).

fsx runs flawlessly on my laptop that has a 630 in it and that is with the scenery density at the highest. Mircrosofts flight sims where pretty much the best ones you could get.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Correction: A previous version of this article's headline said that Dovetail would be making a Microsoft Flight Simulator game. A representative for Dovetail clarified that the game due in 2015 will be made with Microsoft Flight Simulator technology but not be released as a Microsoft Flight Simulator game.

vader.jpg

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Wow i didnt know DX12 was so far off :S

Got to sell their dumb console and DirectX 12 destroys the consoles value (both of them). Add to that, this way they can force us to buy a new OS...

PC gamers. "We want a low level API."

AMD/Kronos Group who owns OpenGL "Hey we can do low level now on ATI cards, and look we can do low level on OpenGL now".

MS. "Well we worked on one for 6 years and it probably runs even better than Mantle, check out this port of Forza we did on it with an Nvidia card on a small team in less then a month. But screw you. We have consoles to sell, and you aren't getting Forza either. You will get Direct X 12 in about 2 years. It might be a dead API like Direct X 11.2 is now, since we will probably withhold it from past OS's (developers won't target minority market share), cus we don't care about PC gaming and do everything in our power to hold it back".

Paid off, laughable media. "Microsoft is so wonderful. They are giving us a low level API. MS cares about PC gaming, oh yeah and this will really help Xbox One to (no it won't)." 

Oh well at least we have paid for advertising'/MS shareholders employees to run a daily article on this forum and tell us how awesome MS is. Btw. Hi Goodbytes! Was wondering when the daily MS post was coming. Still don't have a MS tag on the username I see.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Please can this be a decent simulator, I've waited too long for a replacement for fsx, even with mods it's outdated now IMO.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Awesome ive just started getting into flight simulator x :) even tho i have absolutley no idea what im doing and all those switches are so overwhelming i think its cool.

that seems fairly impossible, Lockheed Marteen has bought the code from microsoft, and so Prepar3D

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

Holiday 2015 is the date that Microsoft said DirectX 12 will come out. Flight Simulator 2010 did showcase DirectX10, so perhaps this new flight simulator will showcase a bit of DirectX12.

All the yes. I miss Janes simulators and MS Was on the ball with theirs, even FSX Imo.

Excited to see a sim like this.

I'm still waiting for dx11 to be used more. dx11 Is in quite a few games now but not to the extent i thought it would be by this time. I cant even remember the last dx11 title besides crysis 3.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I'm still waiting for dx11 to be used more. dx11 Is in quite a few games now but not to the extent i thought it would be by this time. I cant even remember the last dx11 title besides crysis 3.

I think with the passing of Windows XP, upper management or publishers won't push devs for "lowest common denominator support for maximized sales" as much, or at all.

Then again, third party publishers are pushing devs to make their games for both new and the previous gen console.. so we have to wait for this passing. It must really suck for those who can only game on their new next gen console. By the way, this isn't a bash on console, some people genuinely can't afford a gaming PC, and they are a point where they can't just put a med range GPU and turn their system into a gaming one. (keep in mind that usually parents buys the console, and they get games from their allowance of small summer job they have, or doing reaching a goal set by parent (example: get really good grade, and we will get you the game you always wanted).

We will enjoy DirectX 12 on select games and benchmark tools like 3DMark. Keep in mind that we will need a new GPU with DirectX 12 support (same for the latest OpenGL).

I think with the passing of Windows XP, upper management or publishers won't push devs for "lowest common denominator support for maximized sales" as much, or at all.

Then again, third party publishers are pushing devs to make their games for both new and the previous gen console.. so we have to wait for this passing. It must really suck for those who can only game on their new next gen console. By the way, this isn't a bash on console, some people genuinely can't afford a gaming PC, and they are a point where they can't just put a med range GPU and turn their system into a gaming one. (keep in mind that usually parents buys the console, and they get games from their allowance of small summer job they have, or doing reaching a goal set by parent (example: get really good grade, and we will get you the game you always wanted).

We will enjoy DirectX 12 on select games and benchmark tools like 3DMark. Keep in mind that we will need a new GPU with DirectX 12 support (same for the latest OpenGL).

okay... You dont even need a good pc a good graphics card (under $200) will be enough to play dx11 games on just about max settings (obviously not more than 1080p/1200p) 

What i was saying is that DX11 has been around for a LONG time (since 2009) and we still haven't seen too many games running dx11 to all of its glory. I understand that games have to be dumbed down for consoles. Unigine Heaven is probably the best dx11 thing Ive seen.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

okay... You dont even need a good pc a good graphics card (under $200) will be enough to play dx11 games on just about max settings (obviously not more than 1080p/1200p) 

What i was saying is that DX11 has been around for a LONG time (since 2009) and we still haven't seen too many games running dx11 to all of its glory. I understand that games have to be dumbed down for consoles. Unigine Heaven is probably the best dx11 thing Ive seen.

Hmm yea, you do raise a good point.

Hopefully, in the coming year and next (basically (hopefully) most of the new games shown at past E3)

Awesome ive just started getting into flight simulator x :) even tho i have absolutley no idea what im doing and all those switches are so overwhelming i think its cool.

I think there's a textbook-grade tutorial somewhere in the Help section that's written by actual pilots and was extremely useful when I couldn't figure out how to land the 747 or keep its wings from falling off. Although I think I used 1% of the buttons on there at any given time anyway.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Metal Graphics API for the Win LOL!

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Hmm yea, you do raise a good point.

Hopefully, in the coming year and next (basically (hopefully) most of the new games shown at past E3)

I hope so. Battlefront 3 better be dx11. hopefully dx12.

I have been playing Microsoft flight sims for years since i think 98, then the 2004 one came out ( i think) then FSX

FSX with add on scenery packs, add on aircraft / traffic / and all the bells and whistles is still one of the most power hungry games out there to be able to get good frame rates compared to other games, i think because it has to load up a lot of area in the game and other stuff going on like the traffic and weather etc.

will be nice for a new and improved version to come out as it seems that Microsoft lost interest in making FSX better or adding patches & improvements.

glad someone else is taking over maybe they will finish it properly and have good customer service & updates.

and hope for a good multiplayer section as the old gamespy thing in FSX was garbage.

got to love Asus components

DX12 is shit untill proven otherwise and all companies adopt it as new standard.Any games doing dx9 from next year its instant NOT buy.They need to use more features we already have avaible.