Apple releases cheaper iMac

Ate

-

I'm afraid that's a mentality I'll never understand :( I've always been a DIY guy in everything, if I can ghetto something and spare money I'll do it in a heartbeat as long as it's not too crazy. I installed ubuntu on my nexus 7 because for university use it was powerful enough and I didn't want to spend the money on a mediocre laptop ^^

For me, if you can do something yourself and choose not to because you can't bother ,that doesn't make an overpriced product a better value because it is pre-made. It makes the person lazy and at that point it's their own fault if they end up wasting money. But that's beyond the conversation on whether this has good price/performance or not.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

"thinner." Maybe the very edge is thinner. But they're incredibly fat in the back. And, none of that "it's to support the weight of the computer" crap. If it actually were thinner, it would be lighter. No need for the big hump in the back. It's a fat desktop. Modern PC cases are roomy. You could fit the actual hardware needed for a pc into that form factor. The only parts that wouldn't fit are the human interface parts. I.E. front panel connectors and the i.o. on the rear of a motherboard. Lol. Passively cooled. Ever heard of an ultrabook with an i7 that's passively cooled? put your money that you're wasting on apple where your mouth is. I can build a pc with a similar form factor with a mini itx board and a desktop grade i5 for half the price. Their graphics are crap, they use bad cpus for the price, and worst of all... the operating system. A gamer's nightmare. So... Don't make people look like idiots... because you'll end up being the idiot. Good day sir.

Let's not necro half year old threads.

Locking thread.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.