So what's everybody doing in arena commander?

rentaspoon

I've been collecting rocks

I can see us all having a game of Footy/dodgeball when the PU comes out :P

I've also been playing the Vanduul swarm at 3-20 fps tempted to find a copy of Combat Flight Sim now, finally got to wave 3

I've been not being able to play because my GPU isn't strong enough to run at stable frame rates. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Noob fest. Nuff said. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

I got to wave 9 in Swarm with the 300i. I used KB+M.

I also tried different gun loadouts. It appears so that I can take of my class 3 Behring Mass Driver from my 325a and put it on the Dog Fighting 300i. Not recommended, though. It does shit for damage.

I also swapped the missile racks with the Omniski lasers. Also not recommended, it sees the lasers as missiles and the missiles as weapons, rendering them all useless ;)

Other than that, just more tinkering with different inputs and blowing up Vanduul (and occasionally some Wingmen, oops)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

watching other people because I am out of the country on my macbook. :(

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Trying to figure out how to fly this fucking thing...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

*sigh* I knew I shoud've been practicing in Warthunder. It feels similar in some aspects (obviously not 0G flight, but it would help in terms of learning flying maneuvers). 

I think I got to Wave 2 of the Vandal Swarm thing. I only guess that because I saw there were 3, I killed some, then there were 3 again. 

I probably look like flailing baby thanks to how I fly. All out, flips and drifting backwards to get some shots in. 

I think I'll dedicated a major portion of each weekend to practice. 

Trying to figure out how to fly this fucking thing...

QFT

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

my wont load into the hangar since day one... got about three games out of it

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

Not touched it sins last time, until they fix some of the glitches and SLI support i´ll skip.

I'm sure theres a work around, I'll have a looked

my wont load into the hangar since day one... got about three games out of it

Think they fixed that I TNGS patxh

I've managed to actually get to wave 6 once in vandul swarm. I don't think this game is gonna pick up till the multiplayer is up and running though.

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.

I've managed to actually get to wave 6 once in vandul swarm. I don't think this game is gonna pick up till the multiplayer is up and running though.

have you seen the chart on the front of the page of rsi?

Just got to wave 5 for my weapons to be taken out, ramming speed!

Is there actually a fixed number of waves in the swarm mode? Yesterday I turned the game off on wave 10 or 11 as there was nothing new going on. Same ships all the time.

Can you actually beat this mode or it's endless?

wave 15 is the end. if you can get that far.

Thx, I'll see if I can get there. And when I do.....I'll show'em.

wave 15 is the end. if you can get that far.

Shame they dont just start it over but double the enemies or something

have you seen the chart on the front of the page of rsi?

Just got to wave 5 for my weapons to be taken out, ramming speed!

What I meant is gameplay wise the game will get better when multiplayer is out and you can fight other people as oppose to just npcs.

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.

Trying to get pass wave 12,but it seems my aurora always gets shot in the engines...

Trying to get pass wave 12,but it seems my aurora always gets shot in the engines...

The ai ship are better now they have fixed the shooting bug

Well, I was messing with Vanduul swarm for a couple of hours yesterday - still noob fest. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

What helped me a lot was to assign all the available weapons to one fire group. In a fast paced game like this the most difficult thing is to align to the opponent's plane of movement so that you can track him and keep shooting while doing that. The thing is that once you align for a shot you wanna unleash as much weapons as you can. Spare the missiles for the boss opponents and you should be getting to wave 10 no sweat.

Cheers

Yea and the projectile velocity is what you need to take into account(placing to crosshair slightly in front of the enemy depending on the gun type).I placed the bulldog repeaters from my aurora ln to the trainee mr version. 

Well, I was messing with Vanduul swarm for a couple of hours yesterday - still noob fest. :D

I've been trying vanduul exploding near the lasers/terraforma which causes the laser to ripple.

Just to prove it happens...

(Iceman from the forums here) 

Running a 300i as my own ship atm. 

I'm currently stuck on wave 14.  Can't seem to get past the alphas constantly spamming missiles at me.  

I did get my own keybinds for my HOTAS and got my Rudder pedals working as well.

I'm really looking forward to when they make the 6dof uncoupled mode available.    

I currently fly with G-safety/Combatstab off and go back and forth between coupled and decoupled mode.  

I run about 40-55 fps atm.  It only dips when the Vanduul spawn each wave.   

Hey Velketor;

Are you using the Thrustmaster Hotas?  If so would you be willing to share your xml file for the control configuration?  The initial file referenced in the Pilot Guide for the Thrustmaster Warthog is woefully lacking.  Thanks.

Yippee ki yay 

Yippee-ki-yay