The Utterly Imbalanced CaseLabs TX10-D build(s)!

VSG

Here VSG, if you want to follow!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/185034-wip-the-renewal-i7-4790k-z97-m-power-r9-290x-acrylic-tubing/

Anyone else that wants to feel free :)

Even more YIPPEEE!!

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

Ah man, I just got word that I can only pick up the powdercoated parts next Tuesday afternoon. That sucks but I would much rather they do a good job and not rush through it. Each thread and screw has to be marked so it takes time there.

It looks like the powdercoating will only be done next Mon-Tuesday :(

In the meantime, I got my hands on an mcp35x2 top which meant I could finally see if 2 mcp35x pumps would be enough for the Mo.Ra. It chewed up a single pump when I hooked up a simple loop with reservoir, pump, compression fittings, angle adapters and the Mo.Ra- nothing else. At 50% max power as controlled by the Aquaero 6, I barely got 0.9 GPM. When I tuned it lower to 35% so the pump was at a noise level more conducive to what I would like in the final build, I got 0.6 GPM. Adding in 4 QDCs got me into laminar flow and once I add in the GPU blocks and 2 more QDCs I can only imagine how low it would go! 

So anyway, I got another mcp35x pump (from a forum marketplace) which was pretty much new:

DqrXI2ml.jpg

The older one on the left has a different logo. Turning one pump to the side, we see the good ol' warranty void sticker:

ERKhkkpl.jpg

Speaking to Bryan over at Swiftech, I learnt it was completely fine to remove the stock tops IF adding on the Swiftech mcp35x2 top. But the guys at Swiftech are generally understanding of other tops and will help out with RMA once they have established the 3rd party top was not the cause of any error- your mileage may definitely vary here.

sg7mgb9l.jpg

So taking off that sticker leaves behind a nice trail of evidence that is hard to remove but not impossible. To remove the top, one simply has to unscrew the 4 screws at the bottom:

SPvQdngl.jpg

d38jwA4l.jpg

EG4C7fKl.jpg

The new pump actually came with hex head screws, and not a very common size either. Good thing I have a multi bit driver!

p1q9TRsl.jpg

FE4M0VFl.jpg

Make sure the O-rings are in place before putting on the new top. Speaking of which:

lf0BWeHl.jpg

9ktCRgpl.jpg

I am not set on this color yet- especially with the black interior. But that won't matter for testing here and so I put on the top, being careful to screw each pump in with the included screws and making sure there is no discernible gap between the top and the pump bodies.

Qf6QuY1l.jpg

qSkdBNMl.jpg

This thing is a powerhouse for most loops. It is also pretty loud at full speed and caused a cyclonic noise when sucking in water from the reservoir even at 50% max power. This should not be confused with 50% duty cycle as seen from the below PWM response chart from Swiftech:

MCP35X2-PWM-Response.png

At the same kind of noise levels as before (35% power, ~50% duty cycle), I got 1.2 GPM with the Mo.Ra alone in the loop and about 0.9-1 GPM with 4 QDCs. When the mcp50x comes out, I will hopefully get 1-2 to test against these for performance and noise. Depending on what I go with for Side 2, I may have a D5 pump also for testing.

One last thing- before putting on the top, I connected both pumps in series to see how the top affects things. At lower flow rates (0.60-1 GPM), there was no discernible difference in flow rates. I will be getting an inline pressure sensor soon to see if head pressure is affected. At higher flow rates (1.2+ GPM), the top increased flow rates about about 0.1 GPM compared to having two pumps in series hooked up by fittings- at least in my case. So I can definitely vouch for going with a dual pump top each time. It also looks better in my opinion.

It would be nice if you could test D5 in the same loop

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

@VSG how hard is it to take the pump apart and add the new top?  Figured I'd ask before I order mine, so I know what to expect.

Is it just simply undo 4 screws, put new top on, screw top on?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

@VSG how hard is it to take the pump apart and add the new top? Figured I'd ask before I order mine, so I know what to expect.

Is it just simply undo 4 screws, put new top on, screw top on?

Pretty much! You may have to loosen and tighten some screws to make sure that the top is flush with the pump body. But the whole thing should be done in a couple of minutes if you have all the tools needed.

Pretty much! You may have to loosen and tighten some screws to make sure that the top is flush with the pump body. But the whole thing should be done in a couple of minutes if you have all the tools needed.

Alright cool.  90% of the stuff I've messed with so far has actually been easier than I thought.

The first time I had to rip apart my blocks to clean em, figured it'd be some giant sort of ordeal type of thing. 

The GPU waterblock was a B&&&& though, you know the O ring? It took me FOREVER to get it back lined up properly lol.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The O ring barely barely fits in the channel, you have to kind of hold 1/2 of it, and then run each finger along each side and then slap the face-plate back on and hope it stays lol

Atleast I know if I ever have to mess with one I somewhat know what to expect lol.

Performance PC's agreed to test fit the heatkiller block w/ ek backplate btw!

The O ring barely barely fits in the channel, you have to kind of hold 1/2 of it, and then run each finger along each side and then slap the face-plate back on and hope it stays lol

Atleast I know if I ever have to mess with one I somewhat know what to expect lol.

Performance PC's agreed to test fit the heatkiller block w/ ek backplate btw!

A bit of machine oil helps a lot with large O-rings. But at least you know what to do now.

A note from Frozen-Q: The Novacore Extreme is now up for preorder

http://www.frozenqshop.com/novacore-extreme-limited-edition-1-of-150/

Mmmm UV light available... Saving my pennies.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

You can also customize it for any color not in the list. Heck, you can also have them do a continuous setup without the black rings in the middle too. Pretty much anything you can think of with it, they can do it for you. I am already visualizing the possibilities with this and the Liquid Fusion reservoirs.

You can get a green cathode and call it a day then :)

Evrytime i get notified i hope it's an update but no :(

No No No

You can get a green cathode and call it a day then :)

Everything needs to be Toxic green <3 Or Kawasaki Green

Sorry =[

Sorry man, but I can't do anything really till I get more parts- either the powdercoated pieces or some other things that should be on the way soon. So speaking of X99 and Haswell-E, Pieter had this to say on HWBOT:

5Dyt82Lh.png

This was posted on the 22nd, and if he is right (he pretty much always is) then we got another 2 weeks before Haswell-E. This is way sooner than I expected. TTL in one of his videos hinted at this too but I didn't take him seriously then. So looks like I will be having a ton of updates really soon :D

Powdercoating done! I am currently at the place waiting for the parts to cool down, they literally just removed it out of a massive oven and it is ridiculously hot in here with ovens all around:

fN82xDal.jpg

IWhCKDdl.jpg

OJWWqsPl.jpg

aYVe9Iil.jpg

Those pictures (from my phone) do it no justice. These look absolutely great :D

Wow awesome pics

I like hot can you specify how hot?

No No No

The oven you see in the 2nd picture is set around 200 ºC or so, I could feel the radiation about 20 feet away when it was opened. The general ambience is close to 40-45 ºC I would say. Inspection and packing going on now:

2vRclS1l.jpg

wwQqStDl.jpg

I should be home in another 30 minutes or so. But I need to take a shower and have lunch before assembly begins :P

The oven you see in the 2nd picture is set around 200 ºC or so, I could feel the radiation about 20 feet away when it was opened. The general ambience is close to 40-45 ºC I would say. Inspection and packing going on now:

-snip-

I should be home in another 30 minutes or so. But I need to take a shower and have lunch before assembly begins :P

So glorious....

:D

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Yeeah assembly can't wait to see this togheter

Hmmm that's my favourite temp. Range 40-50ºC if it's not humid

No No No