Tt eSports Poseidon Z Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

hang on im confused is this turning into another r4 thing reviewing it over and over?

edit never mind they had different names and models 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Hmm. The video is unlisted.

Welcome to the forum only club

Welcome to the forum only club

Wait? That's a thing? I've been missing videos by ignoring this subforum and watching my subscription feed?

Wait? That's a thing? I've been missing videos by ignoring this subforum and watching my subscription feed?

Yup

i say support non asian factory companies :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

sooooo, should i recommend this to other people by saying its great quality? (i mean guys with €20 keyboards)

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

i say support non asian factory companies :)

Why? 

Typos on a company website makes me not want to buy from them.

We can't all be native English speakers.

I really wish Kailh the would come up with a better naming scheme. I don't want to say that they are trying to be deceptive, but blue switches? Couldn't have come up with anything better?

Why? 

because they help our economy... those that give us work instead of running to asia to hire people for no money and open sweat shops while we lose our jobs, those that stay do so knowing fully well that they wont earn as much money.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Why? 

We can't all be native English speakers.

I really wish Kailh the would come up with a better naming scheme. I don't want to say that they are trying to be deceptive, but blue switches? Couldn't have come up with anything better?

Well yeah, but you would think that a large company would do something to at least make the spelling on their site right.

At least they are forthcoming with there switches and even go as far a to give them a different product name. As for me when i eventually do get a mechanical keyboard ill probably stick to cherry mx switches, won't buy other switches like the kailh ones till i can see user reviews about the quality and longevity of the switches.

because they help our economy...

Whose? I mean, I kind of understand what you're saying, but a global economy is a net gain for everybody.

Well yeah, but you would think that a large company would do something to at least make the spelling on their site right.

Kinda.. I mean, Thermaltake isn't really a large company in the grand scheme of things, and I'd rather a company spend money on R&D as opposed to spelling. It may make perfect sense to them when they are writing it because they aren't fluent with English vernacular.

The sound is mess up a bit in the video, suddenly became louder. And actually, they have increased the price of the BW ultimate 2014 in Asia. but around 10 bucks despite the money value of each country, 10 malaysian dollars, 10 Sing dollars, etc. And off-course, retailers would take the chance said it is some special switches from Razer and they increased the price as well, damn you Razer. Uses cheaper switches but increased the price. 

Edit: My video paused at this moment, sorry, have to make this a meme :P 

10327090_777122762322188_2090369181_n.jp

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

i've seen blue alps switch as low as around 50$ in my country

i hope there will be another kind of like this coming around the same price.

mechanical switch for the masses!

At least they are passing the savings onto the customer not just slapping Razer on the start of it to justify keeping the price the same.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I've been looking for a cheap (as possible) mechanical keyboard for work because I'm currently using one that comes with those old Dells.

I do graphic design work and communicate with my teammates all day through Skype/emails, so something more typing-friendly sounds good.

Currently, at home, I'm using a Filco Majestouch 2; I think that's fine for gaming (and typing), but would blue switches make my typing experience at work that much better?

Would the difference of using one switch at work and another at home throw off your comfort?

What's the next best keyboard to get besides the Poseidon Z if I wanted a non-backlit version?

PLEASE HELP!

A 100$ for that? I'd much rather go with the 30$ one I unboxed a long time back which actually uses genuine Cherry switches :P I don't mean to hate on Tt, but I don't think that a 'name' is worth adding another 70$ to the price for...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12569-tvse-gold-unboxing-and-review-30-mechanical-keyboard/

PC in Profile

Actually I have to say two things about the video (besides I liked it):

1. I noticed a small volume jump at about 2:30

2. (it's more a question) I just asked myself if you are filtering or compressing your audio. -> I am starting to get into filtering and this kind of stuff because I'm stuying "Media Technology" (yeah, I don't know the english name rith now) and it's quite interesting what you can do with it to enhance quality (if you do it right). ;)

Intel Core i7 3770K delidded @ 4,5Ghz | Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12s | EVGA Geforce GTX 770 2GB @ 1,2Ghz | MSI Big Bang MPower Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 | Windows 10 Professional 64 bit | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB Samsung | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | Asus Xonar Essence STX | Seasonic X Series 850WLogitech MX Master | Corsair MM400 | Corsair Vengeance K70 | beyerdynamic MMX 300 Manufaktur | Asus PB278Q 27" 1440p | Corsair Obsidian 550D

Actually I have to say two things about the video (besides I liked it):

1. I noticed a small volume jump at about 2:30

2. (it's more a question) I just asked myself if you are filtering or compressing your audio. -> I am starting to get into filtering and this kind of stuff because I'm stuying "Media Technology" (yeah, I don't know the english name rith now) and it's quite interesting what you can do with it to enhance quality (if you do it right). ;)

Hmm honestly I'm the wrong one to check with about that. Try tweeting @taranvh. He does most of the review editing these days.