290X Beats 780 Ti by 60% In Latest BF4 DLC With Mantle

gallery_29142_1015_25345.png
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Battlefield-4-PC-238749/Specials/Battlefield-4-Second-Assault-Benchmarks-1109970/

I was shocked by this. Mantle is starting to look really good. Remember this is with a 3770K a high end CPU.
Can't wait to see how it does on Star Citizen.

UPDATE : There is nothing wrong with the minimum FPS folks, the author explained that it's time consuming to calculate them since Mantle is not compatible with FPS measurement with fraps.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by oldsql.Triso viewpost-right.png
Maybe I've read it, but why is there at the Mantle bar no minimum bar?

This requires a further processing of the recorded data (anyway fiddly and time-consuming). I'm doing this but time on occasion, for that is at least Feels like a gigantic difference from DX. The values ​​I have, of course, still, on occasion I make an update.

Original text in German :

quote_icon.png Zitat von oldsql.Triso viewpost-right.png
Vielleicht habe ich es überlesen, aber warum gibt es bei den Mantle-Balken kein Minimum-Balken?

Das erfordert eine nochmalige Bearbeitung der aufgezeichneten Daten (sowieso schon fummelig und zeitaufwändig). Ich mache das aber mal bei Gelegenheit, das ist nämlich zumindest Gefühlt ein gigantischer Unterschied gegenüber DX. Die Werte habe ich natürlich noch, bei Gelegenheit mache ich ein Update.

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/battlefield/320585-battlefield-4-second-assault-grafikkarten-benchmarks-mantle-versus-dirextx-r9-290x-versus-gtx-780-ti-11.html

No minimum FPS for the Mantle benchmarks? Means a lot less.

EDIT: See OP

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Bar graphs would have been lovely.

I understand none of this.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Bar graphs would have been lovely.

I understand none of this.

You don't read Deutsche?

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

You don't read Deutsche?

Hah, I wish. French was the only second language (required) option when I was in school.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I couldn't be arsed reading a google translation and the performance graphs won't show up in the third party webpage.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I dunno whats happening, boxes appearing everywhere, ah fuck it dont care, i dont have either gpu so im not happy or sad.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Uploaded the benchmarks to my Dropbox. It wouldn't appear because your browser cached the "no deellinking" pic, and thus showed you that instead on the website.

As for the results, I would take this with a grain of salt due to no minimum FPS for Mantle.

Pretty sure they have an explanation, but google translate is giving me trouble.

I think overall it's great. It forces NV to develop something competing. But tbh currently Mantle isn't a reason for me to switch GPUs. This year 4 games are going to be released supporting Mantle if I'm not mistaken. Also these Benchmarks are done using Win7 and I heard the performance increase is less significant under Win8. Still better than an 780 though. Overall still a long way to go ^^

I7-4770k - ASUS Maximus VI Formula - 16GB ADATA 2133MHz - EVGA 780 SC - 512GB Intel SSD - 2TB WD Black - Thermaltake DPS 750W

Battlefield_4_Second_Assault_Benchmarks_

Uploaded the benchmarks to my Dropbox. It wouldn't appear because your browser cached the "no deellinking" pic, and thus showed you that instead on the website.

As for the results, I would take this with a grain of salt due to no minimum FPS for Mantle.

Yeah, that's what I am thinking at the moment, While I expect mantle to be better, there are too many different review sites with conflicting information to be sure that any one of them is actually an accurate taste of what's to come.

Plus technology advances all the time, by the time mantle gets settled in what's to say there won't be a new GPU that makes it redundant?   I'm not holding my breath.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yeah, that's what I am thinking at the moment, While I expect mantle to be better, there are too many different review sites with conflicting information to be sure that any one of them is actually an accurate taste of what's to come.

Plus technology advances all the time, by the time mantle gets settled in what's to say there won't be a new GPU that makes it redundant?   I'm not holding my breath.

These benchmarks don't conflict with any other website, because no other website actually benchmarked these maps.

They're part of the new BF4 DLC, only gamegpu.ru has benchmarks up and only for Metro, showing similar gains in that map.

Show me frame latency and video quality because from what I heard people have reported that video quality isn't as good with mantle.

These benchmarks don't conflict with any other website, because no other website actually benchmarked these maps.

They're part of the new BF4 DLC, only gamegpu.ru has benchmarks up and only for Metro, showing similar gains in that map.

I was talking about mantle in general not that specific map on that specific game by that specific site.

Show me frame latency and video quality because from what I heard people have reported that video quality isn't as good with mantle.

It's a bug, doesn't affect performance. Already confirmed.

https://twitter.com/kcuestag/statuses/430022435463651328

https://twitter.com/TheMattB81/statuses/429977998574370817

i think Stable FPS around 60 is more beneficial then more unstable FPS 90

The minimums are up with Mantle which means the performance is more stable

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/118070-more-mantle-benchmarks-290x-beats-780-ti-with-a-3970x-49ghz-32-boost-on-1600p/

It's shocking how much negativity people have shown towards mantle.
You literally click a button and get better performance how can that be bad T_T ?

My theory its just that some people feel like they're missing out or have wasted money buying something that doesn't have Mantle attached to it.
Whatever it is you need to know that Mantle is a good thing for everybody.

Let's see how it performs in Thief.
Because Battlefield 4 is very CPU intense game.
But most games aren't so most games shouldn't benefit that much from Mantle.

It doesn't really matter anyway because we need support for Nvidia other wise it will not do what it was made for.
Mantle isn't made to give a performance boost!
It was made to kill DirectX bottleneck to make games that are other wise impossible to do.

RTX2070OC 

Mantle:

good cpu + good gpu = slight performance increase

bad cpu + good gpu = good performance increase

Mantle -> more draw cells and batches, great for upcoming games like star citizen

Take it as it is, not more not less

For me, having bf4 and a cpu bottleneck it is great. 

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

Mantle -> more draw cells and batches, great for upcoming games like star citizen

It's not because they will still have a drawcall bottleneck.

Because they can't develop the game for it.

They can't make game features that need more drawcalls then DirectX can give.

Mantle is just pile of junk as long as it's exclusive to AMD.(Same as with PhysX)

They have licence it to Nvidia or make it opensource.

RTX2070OC 

Mantle is just pile of junk as long as it's exclusive to AMD.(Same as with PhysX)

Aah okay, but isn't still true that mantle users will have higher fps than non-mantle users with the same drawcalls? I'm just spitballing here by the way, I'm no expert

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

Mantle is going open source this year.

"We'll be releasing a public SDK later this year, and hope that others adopt it. If they don't adopt it itself, then we hope they adopt APIs similar to it that become an industry standard for PC gaming."

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/pc/amd-on-mantle-we-want-our-gaming-api-to-become-the-industry-standard-1218560

Aah okay, but isn't still true that mantle users will have higher fps than non-mantle users with the same drawcalls? I'm just spitballing here by the way, I'm no expert

Yes. Mantle optimizations are split in to two categories, CPU optimizations & GPU optimizations.

So even if CPU bottlenecks have been completely eliminated you'll still get a boost in performance from the GPU optimizations.

Johann Andersson gave some specific examples for GPU optimizations, I can only remember the Mantle-optimized lense flare, although he did mention several other effects, including anti aliasing.

GPU optmizations are game specific, CPU optimizations on the other hand do not require any work from the developer other than implementing Mantle itself.

Star Swarm for example has no GPU optimizations, only CPU.

It's shocking how much negativity people have shown towards mantle.

You literally click a button and get better performance how can that be bad T_T ?

My theory its just that some people feel like they're missing out or have wasted money buying something that doesn't have Mantle attached to it.

Whatever it is you need to know that Mantle is a good thing for everybody.

For me I don't know if it's that. It has the same effect as Physx has on me really. I have games that use it its nice to have but it irritates others because its not a open platform thing its a closed nvidia eco system thing and same with mantle. I will be more for mantle once mantle overtakes direct3d and every game supports mantle but until then I'll just wait and see where the tech goes honestly not for it not against it.

Mantle is going open source this year.

"We'll be releasing a public SDK later this year, and hope that others adopt it. If they don't adopt it itself, then we hope they adopt APIs similar to it that become an industry standard for PC gaming."

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/pc/amd-on-mantle-we-want-our-gaming-api-to-become-the-industry-standard-1218560

That of course changes everything.

This means that the Dev could just make Nvidia/Intel support them selves.

RTX2070OC 

For me I don't know if it's that. It has the same effect as Physx has on me really. I have games that use it its nice to have but it irritates others because its not a open platform thing its a closed nvidia eco system thing and same with mantle. I will be more for mantle once mantle overtakes direct3d and every game supports mantle but until then I'll just wait and see where the tech goes honestly not for it not against it.

You're comparing apples and oranges mate. AMD publicly stated that Mantle WILL be open once the BETA is over.

On the other hand Nvidia is against open standards and has no intention what so ever of opening up PhysX.

The benefits of Mantle and PhysX are vastly different. PhysX adds eye candy. Mantle enables gameplay that was impossible before.