290X Beats 780 Ti by 60% In Latest BF4 DLC With Mantle

That of course changes everything.

This means that the Dev could just make Nvidia/Intel support them selves.

No they can't, Nvidia & Intel will have to release drivers for it.

Which they will NOT.

However, in Linux people can in fact release open source drivers even without Nvidia's or Intel's support which I guarantee will happen.

You're comparing apples and oranges mate. AMD publicly stated that Mantle WILL be open once the BETA is over.

On the other hand Nvidia is against open standards and has no intention what so ever of opening up PhysX.

The benefits of Mantle and PhysX are vastly different. PhysX adds eye candy. Mantle enables gameplay that was impossible before.

That's why I support AMD. It does things to push the industry forward to benefit everyone while Nvidia only looks out for itself and how it can make more money out of the gaming community.

You're comparing apples and oranges mate. AMD publicly stated that Mantle WILL be open once the BETA is over.

On the other hand Nvidia is against open standards and has no intention what so ever of opening up PhysX.

The benefits of Mantle and PhysX are vastly different. PhysX adds eye candy. Mantle enables gameplay that was impossible before.

I mean closed off in the sense that not every game supports it. It's a very proprietary thing. What I mean by open is this. Any game I pick up I can use on linux, mac os x and windows which if mantle has its way may work out that way. Also physx works on a few games much the same that physx is. So where you may be right that developers can be more open with mantle its not quite the same when it comes to what has been adopted.

Any game I pick up I can use on linux, mac os x and windows which if mantle has its way may work out that way.

This in itself is not a true statement only a very small percentage of games actually support Linux or Mac OS.

Nothing wrong with the minimums, updated OP please read.

Don't bother... people are just looking for anything negative to say about mantle.

Interesting...

Could this mean DICE is designing the their future products in such way that it will benefit more from the mantle?

Two revolutionary dance tones

Interesting...

Could this mean DICE is designing the their future products in such way that it will benefit more from the mantle?

EA said all upcoming games will support Mantle so that's a strong possibility.

Interesting...

EA said all upcoming games will support Mantle so that's a strong possibility.

I'm not sure if people understand what this means for Star Wars: Battlefront 3. Really, I don't.

I'm not sure if people understand what this means for Star Wars: Battlefront 3. Really, I don't.

What does it mean ?

What does it mean ?

If Mantle opens doors for performance in large battles with lots of shit going on,..

Imagine this starship battlethingy RTS or w/e game, but with Star Wars Battlefront. In current/next-gen graphics.

My mind, it's like it's being shot by an AT-AT.

zvUFa4v.png

This in itself is not a true statement only a very small percentage of games actually support Linux or Mac OS.

Don't bother... people are just looking for anything negative to say about mantle.

With steam os going linux. And linux being kind of a new fab lately I don't know its possible when you move away from directx. 

I personally trust this website they are one of the best german Tech magazine and have done tons of correct benchmarks in the past 10 years or so.

bf4 is an AMD game just like batman is an Nvidia game
i dont see why you guys cant understand this

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

I personally trust this website they are one of the best german Tech magazine and have done tons of correct benchmarks in the past 10 years or so.

They even picked up on anomalies that would have never crossed any other reviewer's mind, like the throttling issue with their Windforce 290X that actually yielded lower frame-rates than their reference 290X due to a bug with the fan curve on the Windforce 290X.

How come they can't get this performance with the vanilla version?

Did they optimise it more for Mantle this time round or did they screw ith Dx performance?

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

How come they can't get this performance with the vanilla version?

Did they optimise it more for Mantle this time round or did they screw ith Dx performance?

They can get better performance from the other versions, its just that over time and with each new release the mantle implementation will get better.  Where as DX hasn't really has an update.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I've given up with Mantle for my setup already. I installed the 14.1 Beta drivers and tested them on BF4, and on exactly the same settings as I had before with DirectX, where I could get a constant 60FPS, it gave me worse performance than before, constantly dropping below 60 and giving me loads of stuttering and lag as it drops to 30FPS (because of VSync). I switched back to DirectX and have not experienced any problems with it.
My card is a 7950, and I know that Mantle works better with the new R7 and R9 series, but giving me worse performance is terrible.

Rig - Processor: Intel core i5 3570k @4.3GHz, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX, GPU: XFX HD 7950 DD, with a Kraken G10 and Kraken X40, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4x4GB, HDD: Seagate 1.5TB, Cooler: Xigmatek Prime SD1484, Case: Phantom 530

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer 24-inch 1920x1080, Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4, Mouse: Logitech G9x, Headphones: Turtle Beach PX21, Mousepad: Steelseries QCK

I've given up with Mantle for my setup already. I installed the 14.1 Beta drivers and tested them on BF4, and on exactly the same settings as I had before with DirectX, where I could get a constant 60FPS, it gave me worse performance than before, constantly dropping below 60 and giving me loads of stuttering and lag as it drops to 30FPS (because of VSync). I switched back to DirectX and have not experienced any problems with it.

My card is a 7950, and I know that Mantle works better with the new R7 and R9 series, but giving me worse performance is terrible.

Didn't AMD say that for cards like the 7950 mantle would be optimized via a future update?

How did they get 55 fps on siege of shanghai with the 780Ti??????

I get easily an average of 80. My minimum is probably 55 on a 64 player server with a shitload happening at once.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

These are fake as hell cant believe 1% of them. Siege of shanghai 290x from DX average 51fps to 91fps almost 2x? B please. There were results posted by both AMD and DICE for BF4 with mantle vs dx and none were showing with high end cpu more than 20% i think dont know the links now to check for sure but i remember. My gtx 670 on ultra 1080p gets more than 51 fps average on Shanghai,what did he do test with Vsync on and had explosions one after another in his camera sigh. I mean dont you think if AMD/DICE would have noticed anywhere near 2x performance in shanghai they would have bragged about that?? use logic m8's. This article does bad for AMD/Mantle because it hypes it up even more than it already is and newbies might buy into that and an AMD card and not get same results.

I don't see why everyone's being so negative. 

It's a free performance upgrade, take it or leave it. 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

It's not because they will still have a drawcall bottleneck.

Because they can't develop the game for it.

They can't make game features that need more drawcalls then DirectX can give.

Mantle is just pile of junk as long as it's exclusive to AMD.(Same as with PhysX)

They have licence it to Nvidia or make it opensource.

To think about the money they(AMD) investigated on Mantle, I highly doubt they'll open it for every other users. It sucks but no other choices.

Now im seriously considering to buy multi GPU switch motherboard. Nvidia for Game streaming,

AMD for Mantle compatible games.

I don't see why everyone's being so negative. 

It's a free performance upgrade, take it or leave it. 

Like I said earlier I don't thing people are necessarily being negative. I believe its just constructive criticism. I could just say mantle sucks and that would me just being negative.

1.) This doesn't make one card better then the other just because in this circumstance a card is able to run something other then direct x aka mantle and able to achieve stronger numbers in terms of frames great.

2.) Has the feeling of physx in a way some games use it some games don't when its an adopted standard I believe you will see the critics dwindle a bit because everyone and everything will use it. Will that happen maybe or maybe not. But having only a small number of games using it may not result in the expectation that its world changing either.

I call BS, these are multiplayer benchmarks, wtf? How can you realistically compare the numbers. A 780ti only getting 55fps at 1080p again wtf I get at 1440p. I can't trust these numbers.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT?