Asus ROG PG278Q Swift 1440P G-Sync Monitor Announced

http://rog.asus.com/296652014/news/rog-announces-the-pg278q-swift-27-inch-wqhd-g-sync-gaming-monitor/

We've all seen it in CES and NVIDIA's demo of their new technology "G-Sync" on this monitor. Now it's time for the public to feel the future of this new technology, along with eye-popping HD picture in 1440p.

ROG-SWIFT-PG278Q_LEFT.jpg

ROG-SWIFT-PG278Q_FRONT.jpg

ROG-SWIFT-PG278Q_BACK.jpg

ROG-SWIFT-PG278Q_TOP.jpg

I might get one if I feel my 900P is done. What do you guys think?

btw it's a tn

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

It's going to cost all the moneys

I'll pass. I don't need higher res I just need more framerate and the VG248 does that well enough already.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Eh, if you're gonna do this it's probably better off getting a pb278q, odds of you actually being able to use the 120hz are pretty slim unless you're playing MMO's with a beefy CPU

After upgrading from 3 vg248qe's to 1 pb278q+ 1 vg248qe, and seeing them next to eachother, there's not even a comparison on how much better IPS looks over the TN, I understand "bla bla ips master race" but it's a massive difference.

(planning on selling the vg248qe and buying 1 more pb278q)

There's nothing wrong with TN, it does what it's meant to. Although seeing as this is supposed to be like 800$, I don't see the point, you can get almost 2 pb278q refurbished for that price. (I bought a refurb one from newegg, can't even tell it's been used)

I haven't personally seen g-sync in person, but I've never really had an issue with frame tearing/ vsync etc. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

For some reason Chrome was going nuts over this thread. Particularly the images. It was telling me that they somehow contained malware. Not sure what that was all about... 

Anyway, the monitor looks nice, but I'm sure it will carry a hefty price tag.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Take my monies, give me panel!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Sorry ASUS... Once you go IPS you never go back... Also, that design is horrid and juvenile.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Damn, if only it was IPS so I would stop seeing the "All I want is an IPS G-Sync 144Hz 1440p monitor!" posts...

I dont see reason spending so much money on TN panel. Yes it may be verry good TN panel but that price is just overwhelming. I would rather get 4k Dell IPS for that price. G-Sync or not.. its not worth that kind of money in my opinion.

Hey, uh I got an extreme malware warning while trying to connect to this page, I know it's off-topic a little bit but I think it's valuable information to know that the images linked at the top possible host malware...

Anyway, there are lots of different monitors available with all different combinations of features and specs; this monitor (in my opinion) has the best combination of features and specs. the best of the best. I can see myself purchasing said monitor in the near future unless a newer, better technology is revealed.

Back to that malware thing:

The website at linustechtips.com contains elements from sites which appear to host malware...
Below is a list of all the unsafe elements for the page. Click on the Diagnostic link for more information on the thread for a specific element.

Malware - rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/ROG-SWIFT-PG278Q_FRONT

Malware - rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/ROG-SWIFT-PG278Q_BACK

Malware - rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/ROG-SWIFT-PG278Q_TOP

(links disabled)

is anyone else sick of "announcements" of items that aren't available to actually buy yet? I understand the difference between a teaser/preview vs an announcement - one of them should be an....*ahem....announcement....of the launch of the product. guess which one....

sigh, moving on

is anyone else sick of "announcements" of items that aren't available to actually buy yet? I understand the difference between a teaser/preview vs an announcement - one of them should be an....*ahem....announcement....of the launch of the product. guess which one....

sigh, moving on

I personally think an announcement is the same as teaser or preview. They are announcing that they have a new product.

I like threads like these as if I was looking for a monitor I might know to wait a little bit for another option, or give me some time to save money. The H440 is a good example, I was just getting ready to buy a second R4, but due to that thread in this section I decided to wait a month and try out the H440.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

IPS is good but it's not life changing. As long as the gamma shift is not to bad I will probably pick one of these up since it will be the only high persistence 1440p monitor for a while.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

looks cool, but i will pass on this one because a) its not ips b) its not 24" ohh, and one more thing, the cost, I imagine will be high

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

stand design looks like crap and therefore i do not care.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Dat thin bezel

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I... w-want it... now

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

• 1 month later...

There is nothing wrong with a TN panel. As long as it's a good TN panel.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I currently use Asus VG24QE and use 3D Vision , I really want 3D at 1440p so I might be getting this !!

B)  B)  B)