Asus ROG PG278Q Swift 1440P G-Sync Monitor Announced

I was in love until I saw it was a tn panel. Now its just meh to me.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I'll pass. I don't need higher res I just need more framerate and the VG248 does that well enough already.

How would you need more framerate than the PG278Q? its 120 hz+, proberly even 144hz :P

For some reason Chrome was going nuts over this thread. Particularly the images. It was telling me that they somehow contained malware. Not sure what that was all about... 

Anyway, the monitor looks nice, but I'm sure it will carry a hefty price tag.

Chrome (and google in general) from time to time decides that any content regarding Asus ROG is malware. Images, forums, videos, anything. Absolutely no idea why.

to be honest, i've never experienced a IPS monitor, i mean my LG G2 has an IPS screen and yeah videos look amazing on it but i haven't seen an IPS monitor in real life, so this TN panel wont bother me that much, if i had the money, i would get it

How would you need more framerate than the PG278Q? its 120 hz+, proberly even 144hz :P

My monitor is already 144 hz so I don't need another monitor that is simply a higher resolution.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Damn. Can someone answer the following question?

Should I wait and buy 3 of these bad boys or buy 3 of the VG248QE's? Please either quote me or tag my name if you're going to answer.

Cheese

Damn. Can someone answer the following question?

Should I wait and buy 3 of these bad boys or buy 3 of the VG248QE's? Please either quote me or tag my name if you're going to answer.

I don't have a PG278Q yet, nor have I seen one.

I still say wait for these "bad boys". :)

I don't have a PG278Q yet, nor have I seen one.

I still say wait for these "bad boys". :)

I thought the VG248QE's would be better since it's 24 in and have a faster refresh rate since it's 24 in. Never the less I'll wait for them :).

Cheese

I thought the VG248QE's would be better since it's 24 in and have a faster refresh rate since it's 24 in. Never the less I'll wait for them :).

The only thing that is "up in the air" for most people who haven't seen the monitor is the quality of the image.  I personally have 1 PB278Q, which is the PLS/IPS panel, and the colors look gorgeous.  However, with that said, the features of the PG278Q are fantastic, including the G-Sync support and 120 Hz+ refresh rate.  I am pretty confident that the colors will be more than adequate, and I am just waiting on reviews from the retail units soon.

At the end of the day, I don't have to forego PLS quality since I own a PLS monitor.  This PG278Q is for multiplayer games where I want the best refresh rate, and no screen-tearing (aka G-Sync).  Once I own this monitor, I will have the best of both worlds at my choosing (I'll game on the monitor that works best for the game being played).

If you have the horsepower to drive 3x 1440p displays at 144Hz I'd say go for it (Quad-SLI 780 Ti/Titan Black?)

144Hz goodness

If you have the horsepower to drive 3x 1440p displays at 144Hz I'd say go for it (Quad-SLI 780 Ti/Titan Black?)

Yeah I don't know if I should by 4 black titans or 4 kingpin editions.

Cheese

If only it was IPS.. I would feel conflicted as I just bought an Asus pb278q... Phew.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Yeah I don't know if I should by 4 black titans or 4 kingpin editions.

lool, first world problems

• 1 month later...

According to JJ from ASUS

144hz refresh rate

1440p 3D Vision

and a current ETA of late June.

Not to mention 10bit tn panel with a gsync module

According to JJ from ASUS

144hz refresh rate

1440p 3D Vision

and a current ETA of late June.

Asus pls I ned dis right meow.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti