How do you like your fried egg(s) done?

zassou

How do you like your fried egg(s) done?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Side

2. 2. White doneness

• IT'S RAWWW!!!! (still liquid)
    • Lightly done, just bearly coagulates. Some egg white still flowing.
    • Firmly done. All white coagulates.
    • Crispy edges.
    • Very well done.
    • It looks like charcoal, smells like charcoal, tastes like charcoal, but it's egg.
  3. 3. Yolk shape

• Intact
    • Poke it!
    • I don't like yolk. (skip next one)
  4. 4. Flavouring

• No flavouring.
    • Salty, like salt and pepper, soy sauce etc.
    • Sweet, like sugar, honey or maple syrup.
    • Spicy
    • Bitter, really?
    • Can I have some engine oil in my egg? Thanks.
    • Other, please specify.

what a mess i made......

edible, kinda. would i? hell no.

and i have to clean it up....

photo_2018-11-27_02-26-59.jpg

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

19 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It's so easy to cook them in a pan! You should get away from the microwave and learn to do some proper cooking.

I know how to cook them in a pan, I just choose not to.

Personal preference I guess.

35 minutes ago, zassou said:

what a mess i made......

edible, kinda. would i? hell no.

and i have to clean it up....

photo_2018-11-27_02-26-59.jpg

Yeah, Im sticking to a pan :D

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

It's so easy to cook them in a pan! You should get away from the microwave and learn to do some proper cooking.

Sure, as soon as you agree to come over to my house to clean the pan and dish.

45 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

Yeah, Im sticking to a pan :D

You need to put some kind of release agent (vegetable oil, butter, bacon grease, lard, in order of preference) or use a nonstick container to avoid sticking. That also looks overcooked.

Frankly, I like the microwaved eggs better because they come out fluffier than pan fried. Tastewise, they taste the same as pan fried eggs cooked with the same butter/olive oil I use for nuking.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

48 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

LoL, I have no problem being an adult and doing my dishes ? Plus there's a dishwasher for half of the mess, and a pan takes literally 30 seconds to clean.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

You need to put some kind of release agent (vegetable oil, butter, bacon grease, lard, in order of preference) or use a nonstick container to avoid sticking. That also looks overcooked.

Frankly, I like the microwaved eggs better because they come out fluffier than pan fried. Tastewise, they taste the same as pan fried eggs cooked with the same butter/olive oil I use for nuking.

My eggs are plenty fluffy in a pan :)

3 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

My eggs are plenty fluffy in a pan :)

I'm still waiting for an offer to come over to my house to clean the pan and dish.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Plenty of talk of fried and scrabbled eggs, but what of the majesty of the poached egg? Either on toast or as Eggs Royale, yum?

Fried eggs with breakfast the yolk has to be runny so you can dip your black pudding, or fried bread into it. 

Just now, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I'm still waiting for an offer to come over to my house to clean the pan and dish.

You make it seem like a big deal to wash dishes. I do it every day LOL.

Sure I will, I dont mind cleaning extra dishes for a better end product. I enjoy good food. Its not just about energy for me. 

If you think 2 dishes for eggs are bad, you should see my kitchen on thanksgiving :)

19 minutes ago, dizmo said:

LoL, I have no problem being an adult and doing my dishes ? Plus there's a dishwasher for half of the mess, and a pan takes literally 30 seconds to clean.

There is no way I will ever have another dishwasher, even if you gave it to me. I had one back when I was married and hated it. Iwas constantly working on it because the ex and kids would spill the detergent on the gaskets and the resulting leaking water leaks were shorting out the works or making a big mess. Also, no one would remove the clean dishes after the washer ran or run the dishwasher when it was full unless I did it (and I was working as many as three jobs--one fultime with OT and two part time).

I never liked doing dishes by hand so I just avoid making dirty dishes when I can. I have better things to do than washing dishes.

Jeannie

36 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

I never thought a thread about eggs and dishes would get so much traction :D

I mean who doesn't love eggs for breakfast, yeah? (I mean besides vegans, that is). But anyway's, eggs poached in butter and cream; to die for and will probably be the death of me one day, but tastes like Paula Deen's heaven 

WINDOWS HAS NOT DETECTED A KEYBOARD

PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.

There is no way I will ever have another dishwasher, even if you gave it to me. I had one back when I was married and hated it. Iwas constantly working on it because the ex and kids would spill the detergent on the gaskets and the resulting leaking water leaks were shorting out the works or making a big mess. Also, no one would remove the clean dishes after the washer ran or run the dishwasher when it was full unless I did it (and I was working as many as three jobs--one fultime with OT and two part time).

I never liked doing dishes by hand so I just avoid making dirty dishes when I can. I have better things to do than washing dishes.

That sounds a lot more like personal problems than problems with the machine ? lol

It's nothing but a time saver for me.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 11/25/2018 at 3:49 AM, zassou said:

it can get very different from person to person

and region to region

I like my eggs several different ways depending on time of day, and enviroment, if I am tired or not.

Usually I like mine barely runny, others times runny, sometimes rarely scrambled, other times hard all the way through. ;)

?

4 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I get the egg whites (colored yellow) in a carton. It's much less messy than breaking hen fruit shells. One way I cook them is to coat the inside of a paper bowl with butter that comes mixed with olive oil, pour in some of the egg white, then nuke it in the reactor for however long it takes to get done firm but not dry (I vary the amount I nuke from time to time). The egg white will literally foam up like a soufle but, once finished, it will collapse back down. The result are fluffy eggs with no mess to clean up and a dish to wash afterwards.

If I'm in the mood for an omelette, I butter/olive oil a paper plate, pour on a thin layer of eggwhite onto the plate, nuke in the reactor until cohesive but not quite done, add the fillings, fold, and nuke again just long enough to warm up the fillings.

Have you actually tried it?

Truth be told microwaving eggs is hard to do, I'll have a crack at this later, but I get my eggs straight from the chicken, usually just sunny side up on the pan. This looks very cool though, will have to pick up paper plates. Thank you. 

32 minutes ago, dizmo said:

That sounds a lot more like personal problems than problems with the machine ? lol

It's nothing but a time saver for me.

Yeah, it is a personal problem. I still can't look at a dishwasher without remembering all the crap I had to deal with when I had one (and it's been 27 years since my divorce). I don't generate enough dirty dishes to justify having one so just I don't bother.

Jeannie

9 hours ago, dizmo said:

i dont think a dishwasher can clean up those mess. and besides, i never seize to amaze how wasteful american life can be. a brush and a drop of dish soap cost peanut money, and yet people buy a fucking machine for that.

and clothes dryer?sunlight is fucking free energy...

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

1 minute ago, zassou said:

i dont think a dishwasher can clean up those mess. and besides, i never seize to amaze how wasteful american life can be. a brush and a drop of dish soap cost peanut money, and yet people buy a fucking machine for that.

It never ceases to amaze me that people don't realize how life in other places is different. Ever tried drying wet clothes outside in a place where it will stay below 0 for many months of the year? Yeah, even if the sun's out, good luck with that.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

When I go to a place like Denny's I tell the waitress that my eggs be "over-medium". Salt and pepper for seasoning I'm sure.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

6 hours ago, zassou said:

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

It never ceases to amaze me that people don't realize how life in other places is different. Ever tried drying wet clothes outside in a place where it will stay below 0 for many months of the year? Yeah, even if the sun's out, good luck with that.

Not to mention that many places do not allow drying clothes outside (including where I live). Also, sun drying clothes does not work well when it is raining and after dark. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to do laundry just whenever they want due to working hours. Unless one has a fenced yard (and sometimes even then), clothes can be stolen off a line.

Jeannie

Not to mention that many places do not allow drying clothes outside (including where I live). Also, sun drying clothes does not work well when it is raining and after dark. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to do laundry just whenever they want due to working hours. Unless one has a fenced yard (and sometimes even then), clothes can be stolen off a line.

Though nothing beats the smell and feel of freshly line dried sheets ❤️

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Though nothing beats the smell and feel of freshly line dried sheets ❤️

Really? I never could tell the dirfference between line dried sheets and sheets from a dryer (as long as one doesn't use dryer sheets in the dryer, which I won't since they will eventually gum up the lint trap and works of the dryer). Unless a bird leaves a calling card on the sheet, someone decides to have a barbeque nearby, or the fresh scent of gas and diesel exhaust on the sheets if drying near a road and the wind is just right.

Jeannie

The only way fried eggs can be eaten is in tamagoyaki form. A little milk and sugar into the beaten eggs and bam, you have some nice n fluffy eggs :).

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)