What do you think Nvidia will do to strike back at AMD?

ManOfDisguise

AMD have pretty much everything that Nvidia has, well if they dont have it now then they sure as hell will have it soon. Freesync(a FREE GSYNC which would make GSYNC look pointless for the price), Mantle(45% performance increase in bf4...pretty impressive), I heard they will also have something similar to Shadowplay and Geforce Experience.

So this makes me wonder...mainly Mantle(which Nvidia doesnt have an alternative to) and Freesync(which as I said makes GSYNC kind of pointless) make Nvidia completely inferior as it seems so far. PhysX is nothing amazing. The only advantage I can find in Nvidia GPUs atm is that most of them are cooler and quieter than AMD GPUs.

How will Nvidia strike back?

What will they come up with?

Will AMD just make their own alternative to that too?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

uh the only thing that i could think of is making better preforming cards 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

AMD is like 

T2_sticker-trollface.jpg

Yea. This is trully a sad time for Nvidia. Damn you AMD! 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I don't see what else Nvidia could do, they could lower the price of their cards but that's never going to happen.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

i have not seen anything in action so far from those amd options you mentioned and i doubt i will see in the near future

By having the fastest, coolest and quietest card, how is that not a much bigger deal than all these minor features?

By having the fastest, coolest and quietest card, how is that not a much bigger deal than all these minor features?

You know a fanboy when you see one.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

by introducing maxwell... i mean the 780ti is already marginally faster than the 290x. if we compare the performance maxwell is supposed to have, with the 780ti, beating it by very much, i guess you see where im going.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

He is right though. My Gigabyte 280X is damn loud and i hate it for that. I guess that's Gigabytes fault for making such a shitty cooler but still, the card wouldn't have to cool itself that much if it would consume less power.

Also mantle is a lie! :D as far as i can tell bf4 is just crashing, allthough it is fucking 'optimized' for AMD + 0% mantle so far.

The only reason i got the 280x is for mining. and since that is unprofitable, i am just waiting for nvidia to come out with a card worth buying, because their current cards aren't!

who cares...

He is right though. My Gigabyte 280X is damn loud and i hate it for that. I guess that's Gigabytes fault for making such a shitty cooler but still, the card wouldn't have to cool itself that much if it would consume less power.

Also mantle is a lie! :D as far as i can tell bf4 is just crashing, allthough it is fucking 'optimized' for AMD + 0% mantle so far.

The only reason i got the 280x is for mining. and since that is unprofitable, i am just waiting for nvidia to come out with a card worth buying, because their current cards aren't!

Well when I said he was a fanboy I drawed from the fact that he said that Nvidia cards in general are FASTER. That isnt true. I could really care less about if I had an nvidia or AMD because each company has basically an equivalent of the other. And how do you know if mantle will make a difference. It may take them a while to figure out the bf4 thing but in the end, AMD will be better for that game. As for the mining, an r9 290 is 20% better than the 280x and that could be a big difference in earnings. There is Always going to be a new crypto currency coming out anyway so it doesnt matter. Dont give me crap that Im a fanboy, Im just saying the facts. I even own and nvidia and Im supporting AMD in this post.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

As someone who owns a 8320 and a 660ti. In the future i am just going to buy whatever is the best "bang for the buck", i don't care if it's green, blue or red. Right now, in the UK, there's no discussion, AMD is the best bang for the buck, I regret buying the 660ti over the 7950 as the 7950 was alot cheaper and I would've gotten 3 free games. The added features are just a bonus tbh.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

I guess the only thing they can do is force Microsoft to make directx better.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

I guess the only thing they can do is force Microsoft to make directx better.

Nivida really doesnt need to hope or wait, Because mantle is just recoding games to process from the gpu rather than the cputhen gpu. Any company can do it

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

Prove me wrong? I am mainly an NVIDIA user but I would not consider myself a fanboy.

Prove me wrong? I am mainly an NVIDIA user but I would not consider myself a fanboy.

The only thing you were right about is cooling, otherwise, the additional features are all in opinion.

As someone who owns a 8320 and a 660ti. In the future i am just going to buy whatever is the best "bang for the buck", i don't care if it's green, blue or red. Right now, in the UK, there's no discussion, AMD is the best bang for the buck, I regret buying the 660ti over the 7950 as the 7950 was alot cheaper and I would've gotten 3 free games. The added features are just a bonus tbh.

Infact if you look at the prices currently they are very comparable maybe even slightly better for nvidia price performance wise.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

improvement Was in kaveri APU in Starswarm Demo its impressive boost compared to Directx but AMD didnt proved that its gonna increase performance  by 45% for BF4 using APU/ Dedicated GPU.Though it doesnt mean that Manlte not gonna increase performance for BF4 but how much i am not sure .Nvidia coming with there API probably creates lots of problem for Devs to Port games for there Partners and there are some Rumors abt Mantle being open API but Nvidia so full of pride that they wont even think to use it for the sake of Devs and gamers .G-sync i guess its really good concept for Sli  setups with multimonitor  where u will Possibly have no screen tearing but it comes with Price which i think not every gamer can afford,for me i can adjust with screen tearing i am not that Detail freak >_< Free sync Really good mock by AMD xD

The only thing you were right about is cooling, otherwise, the additional features are all in opinion.

The NVIDIA cards overclock better and run quieter, how is that opinion?

The NVIDIA cards overclock better and run quieter, how is that opinion?

Its luck.

Its luck.

Now that's just completely untrue. Running quieter has nothing to do with luck, and while there is a lottery factor in getting good chips the high-end NVIDIA cards are consistently clocking better than AMD's counterparts. 

Now that's just completely untrue. Running quieter has nothing to do with luck, and while there is a lottery factor in getting good chips the high-end NVIDIA cards are consistently clocking better than AMD's counterparts. 

I didnt mean cooling is luck. But I dont even care what you have to say so I dont know why Im wasting my time here.

Well, to me the latest gen is like a competition to see who has the most flaccid dick between AMD and NVIDIA.