Mark Zuckerberg forced execs to switch to Android phones because he got pissed off by Tim Cook's comments about Facebook privacy

Yeah, I'm going to have to go with overpriced phones that are hard to repair over having my data mined without my knowledge despite explicitly stating that I don't want such data to be publicly known.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

I hope he loses his cool and stops FB app for iOS. So that both shitty companies take a hit.

I doubt it’s something they’ll ever consider. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

34 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Yes, you can

No, I can't. In order for any outbound information to be used as personal information, you'd need to know it before hand. If you only have the information my systems have sent, you'd never be able to use it against me.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

35 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

Drink some water Zuck boi

I think Safari’s autocomplete is somehow fitting? 

F80AAA7D-E8D2-471C-8DBC-B474BB71A0E9.thumb.jpeg.78b1ca7e750277c8734c33fb42b0646b.jpeg

Inb4 someone posts “Mark Z is not a human meme” ?

coming up next: Tim Cook orders engineer to drop facebook integration on iOS and MacOS

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

coming up next: Tim Cook orders engineer to drop facebook integration on iOS and MacOS

They’ll also not doing that because Apple needs Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and others 

8 hours ago, RejZoR said:

The problem with Facebook is that it's too big and has immunity for all sorts of things for which most other companies would bankrupt when they'd cock up. Or get such astronomical fines they'd stop dicking around. Like the last one for which Suckerberg was "questioned" in front of congress. Why the F even? Smack them with astronomical fine and repeat every time they do it. Huge corporations only learn through money. Or shall I say when they bleed large amounts of it...

The other baffling part are the users on Facebook. Facebook openly uses their personal info to make billions and everyone's fine with it. They cocked up and let basically everyone have access even to private data not shared with everyone. And everyone is fine with it. What the hell people, are they all so dumb or something? I bet they'd be fine with it if Facebook sold their house and their dog. Coz it's Facebook. Just wow. I think people really are this clueless, can't explain it any other way. Or they just plain don't care, which is frankly even more worrying.

It couldnt have gotten there without the CIA and other government backers. Same as google and amazon. They wont be shut down by the government that created them.

8 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Yeah, I'm going to have to go with overpriced phones that are hard to repair over having my data mined without my knowledge despite explicitly stating that I don't want such data to be publicly known.

I'd rather not be tracked or have my data mined, about every other phone manufacturer is copying the notch and no headphone jack, its getting to the point I may as well get an iPhone. I would still like there to be another competitor with no tracking and no data mining by default ,no Facebook app, no notch,and a battery i can service without needing a heatgun and proprietary tools.

7 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

They’ll also not doing that because Apple needs Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and others 

Spoiler

I get they have to keep their profit up and their majority user base happy that likely uses Facebook, but I dunno if Apple really cared they'd block Facebook for the actual health and security of their users, and Apple has the power and lawyers to win if Facebook sues.

11 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

let's compare. Windows 10 has tons of privacy options, and you can't opt-out of telemetry. meanwhile at apple: 

3 buttons, in one menu. at least on privacy, they are loads better than Micro$oft. 

They even ask you right at the start whether you would like to opt in, and show you an icon that indicates that you are sharing data.

Cook didn't even mention Zuck, so clearly he has taken the bait.