PulseWallet allows you to pay for things using your own veins (yes, you read that correctly)

TopWargamer

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/7/5281692/pulsewallet-pay-with-your-veins-fujitsu-palmsecure

pulse_1.jpg

pulse_3.jpg

PulseWallet is a credit card terminal and register with a built-in biometric palm reader. Inside the reader is an infrared Fujitsu camera that photographs your vein pattern and then pairs it with the credit card you’ve swiped. Once you’ve paired you can hold your hand over any PulseWallet terminal to pay with your credit card. If you’re a business owner, you can hook it up to your POS (point of sale) cash register, or to PulseWallet’s bundled register, which includes a Windows tablet. The whole package is being announced today, and goes on sale next month for a yet-unspecified price.

That certainly is different, but I can see this being very practical. I mean, it's cool that there's going to be even newer paying options now, but honestly, why do we need something like this? Just pull your credit or debit card out of your wallet and swipe it. I dunno, I just don't see much use for this.

What do you think of the PulseWallet?

COMIC SANS

This has to be one EXTREMELY innovative system. How would there be some sort of faking? This is really looking forward to the future!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

This has to be one EXTREMELY innovative system. How would there be some sort of faking? This is really looking forward to the future!

Chop off someone's arm and surgically graft it onto your own. [i didn't give this much thought, sarcasm should be implied]

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Does this work with feet too?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

When i saw the title I thought I could pay things with my blood.

I'm disappointed now.

That actually wouldn't be a terrible way to encourage people to donate blood. Hmmmm..

Anyways, as for the uniqueness of vein patterns I don't know anything, but if they are truly unique that's pretty cool. :)

That certainly is different, but I can see this being very practical. I mean, it's cool that there's going to be even newer paying options now, but honestly, why do we need something like this? Just pull your credit or debit card out of your wallet and swipe it. I dunno, I just don't see much use for this.

What do you think of the PulseWallet?

Because it is easy to copy the mag strip off any credit card, drivers licence, or ID card. Heck there are even you tube videos that can teach you how to do that stuff.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Now retailers everywhere can figuratively and literally suck you dry at the register. 

Oh, I took the title at face value ;)

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

From the title, I thought you meant veins were the new currency or something. Like you could take your veins out to buy things...

When i saw the title I thought I could pay things with my blood.

I'm disappointed now.

I think that is only on Ghost Rider.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

It's cool and all...but is this really more unique and practical than fingerprints?

It's cool and all...but is this really more unique and practical than fingerprints?

It is unique and pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to replicate in fine detail

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER