Razer's Project Christine

Kirihuna

All the hate in this place is ridiculous. Stop drinking the haterade and recognize it for what it is: an attempt to shake up the paradigm of PC design, form, and function. Alot of people "trashed" the apple trash can, now its being hailed as a revolutionary step in hardware design. Why cant this? 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Very interesting design, however there is one major flaw. Where is the radiator? :( It doesn't look like it has a lot of cooling potential sadly. As for how it actually looks I don't like it, but that is entirely subjective and I'm sure a lot of people will love it.

Without radiators and fans with a "liquid" cooling system, The only way I think is could be remotely possible is using the Peltier heatpump. Its solid state and can cool do the liquid. But by the nature of it, the other side ( which will probably be the shell of the module) will be hot as hell. This is what make USB fridges work, don't see why this couldn't be implemented for something like this. Though it will have to be on a larger scale in order to cool computer components.

Not really for me, but I could see some of the potential of such an idea even though this could only work in an ideal world.

Let's assume it could one day work perfectly with no compatibility issues, there is still the problem that some people just don't want to upgrade every year or two, they'd rather just buy a console or whatever its equivalent will be in the future and then only buy another if it breaks or whenever they can't get the games they want because there is some next generation.

I think cloud computing makes more sense for the future because of this. Sure you get some latency, but I doubt there will be enough people who are worried about that yet not savvy enough to upgrade current computers to make it even worth the R&D for Razer, especially considering they need to keep the profit margin extremely low because nobody would find it worth switching to such a system otherwise, and since they're a hardware company they can't really afford to do that.

Interesting, but it will cost an absolute fortune

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

This seems really interesting

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

All the hate in this place is ridiculous. Stop drinking the haterade and recognize it for what it is: an attempt to shake up the paradigm of PC design, form, and function. Alot of people "trashed" the apple trash can, now its being hailed as a revolutionary step in hardware design. Why cant this? 

agreed,the  amount of trashing because of a brand or even something as simple as the looks is just ridiculous, I mean come on, just because you personally don't like the product doesn't mean that it invalidates the product or somoeone else who likes it.

personally as much as I like building a computer, I wouldn't mind having something like this and I think if it becomes standerized then it could really revolutionize the desktop, something that I personally think is needed.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I love how the opinions have shifted after Linus released his video about it.

Everyone was trashtalking about how bad it looks and now its all like "yeh pretty interesting"...

Holy shit, overpriced warning!

Lack of cooling means mobile parts! 

Looks like shit, woo razer!

Lack of cooling? The whole thing is liquid cooled lol

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Everyone was trashtalking about how bad it looks and now its all like "yeh pretty interesting"...

It's called "bandwagoning" and it's really annoying,it happens way to much in the computer gaming enthusist groups.

I personally only see this working if razor allows it to become standerd through certifacations and such, otherwise this will not really gain a lot of interest.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

i foresee Apple level prices..., and as a Mac owner I'd be more than willing to give LOTS of money for this!

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Haha, was about to say the same thing after reading through the whole thread. Media is too powerful at shaping one's opinions.

1) They have to make  it open-platform. No royalties, no nothing. Even then, the giants have to see a market for it before they jump in and saturate the prices.

2) Mineral oil is cool, but the cost will scare potential buyers. At most, a closed looped water cooling solution with radiators and fans built in certain modules. Again, this would only work if it's open platform. MSI, GIGA, ASUS releasing modules of their own with the universal connector.

3) Probably a better base case. I can see potential in placing a 360 or even a 480 rad straight down the base plate with fans cooling it. A quick disconnect reservoir + pump at the bottom should be enough to cool up to 2 graphics + CPU and rest of components.

The control panel looks pretty sweet, it would be nice to have something like that where you could easily just tap the front screen and see the status of every component. Other than that, I think its more geared at the general public who are afraid of the idea of building their own pc but want quality components.

The price of this stuff is TOO DAMN HIGH!!!

post-53719-0-79211300-1389140381.jpg

CPU: AMD athlon II X2 260 |GPU: Biostar GT 630 4GB |MoBo : Biostar A780L3B |PSU: Electron ATX-600W |HDD: Blue Western Digital 500GB |Case: Transparent Small  

I have the shitiest computer ever.

Razer wat r u doin. Razer stahp

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Razer wat r u doin. Razer stahp

At least they are bringing some innovation, I don't expect this to be successful, but its a step in a good direction (and hope the products from this will be)

Guys don't mock this concept. This is not the final product. If this means you can have more than 4 fully loaded PCI-E options on a consumer PC, imagine all the possibilities. Also if it might not be loaded with mobile components and also might have option for external cooling ad-on option.

Looks really nice but it would be overpriced. You probably won't be able to buy your own components and put it in the "brick" because it is mineral oil cooled. :(

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

At least they are bringing some innovation, I don't expect this to be successful, but its a step in a good direction (and hope the products from this will be)

by innovation do you mean locking down an already modular platform with proprietary hardware?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

by innovation do you mean locking down an already modular platform with proprietary hardware?

proprietary could easily become a standard(and all the hardware are just normal hardware in a case filled with mineral oil and the connectors). Plus, I am not referring to the product itself as much as the concept of it.

I like the idea of an easly modular computer. The concept is really neat, but dear god the concept model is hideous. I'd hate to see the cost of the moduals though and I don't really know if it will do much for those people who are afraid of building their own PC or simply don't want to learn about computers. The market for this right now seems pretty small, but given the right push behind it and the right companies promoting it I could see it becoming a big that. If the big tech companies can get behind it it will gain some traction.