Razer's Project Christine

Kirihuna

That looks soooooo awesome!!!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

You can clearly see SSD modules in the pictures.

By customizable I meant able to buy 3rd party parts and install them into the modules, like buy a 840 evo and install it into this rig.  Otherwise this rig is proprietary and you'll be forced to buy inferior parts from razer at a price premium. 

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

Im pretty sure he said mineral oil cooled. No mechanical HDDs with this setup then.

It would be interesting to see if the modules are customizable. AKA can you put any SSD into the HDD module

from the site:Each sealed module is entirely self-contained and features active liquid cooling. I guess this can mean oil since it just says liquid, and I haven't watched the vid. But it could be that the HDD bays aren't maybe liquid cooled

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Mineral Oil Cooling.

THAT makes sense, well, the mineral oil still might also need to be cooled too.

Cool idea in theory. I think i get what they're trying to do with this by taking away the fear of the average consumer has of building their own pc. Though in this case the cons will outway the pros unfortunatly, but as a concept however its a good stepping stone and i will commend razer on their balls to be the 1st to put out a product like this.

THAT makes sense, well, the mineral oil still might also need to be cooled too.

But how will it be cooled. I mean, he said that the PC is completely silent, which means that there is no fan, just one pump to move oil, which should cool 3 graphics card plus a cpu?

This means: Low powered components :(

You didn't really watch the videos did you? lol...

I sure fucking did, that little mesh on the small sides is the ventilation? what kinda tiny fans are gonna fit in there?!? and fully modular? computers are already fully modular! All you're paying for is extra money to have your parts locked in to a very expensive case! It's stupid!

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

I sure fucking did, that little mesh on the small sides is the ventilation? what kinda tiny fans are gonna fit in there?!? and fully modular? computers are already fully modular! All you're paying for is extra money to have your parts locked in to a very expensive case! It's stupid!

The whole thing is mineral oil cooled. There aren't fans in every module.

We still don't know how it will work, but on the power supply module it says: PSU and Cooling.

So down there will be a reservoir and a pump. If there are fans to cool the oil.. I don't know.

Took me a while to see it. Those 2 huge connectors at each side are quick connects for water-cooling. The radiator itself is probably in the PSU unit. It says "PSU WaterCooling" at the bottom slot.

Took me a while to see it. Those 2 huge connectors at each side are quick connects for water-cooling. The radiator itself is probably in the PSU unit. It says "PSU WaterCooling" at the bottom slot.

Exactly..

But how can one single radiator be able to cool 3 Desktop grade graphics cards and a CPU?

That.. just.. won't.. work.

And the Razer CEO also said, they want to overclock the CPU which makes this whole thing just more unreal.

wow, it looks ugly, they'll most definitely have to use mobile parts cause of the lack of cooling, and it'll be as expensive as all heck.

the only reason i can think of why this exists is to compete with the mac pro

good job Razer, you officially lost me

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

As if PC was not modular already.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

As if PC was not modular already.

Their intention was to deliver the modular PC to people who don't know shit about PC components.

Project Christine is made to be a Plug and Play PC.

Did you even watch the video?

The 38 second video? Yes, I watched that.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

The 38 second video? Yes, I watched that.

There is a statement from Razer's CEO in the engadget article.

It's like 4 and a half minutes long and explains some stuff about the project.

Awesome!!!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Why do you say it's going to have mobile parts? I can see them fitting a custom GTX 780 in there. The same goes with the cpu! 

It's all proprietary, so Razer will probably be making all the modules them self.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

There is a statement from Razer's CEO in the engadget article.

It's like 4 and a half minutes long and explains some stuff about the project.

Ah I was not aware of that, I shall watch that right now!

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Yeah just watched linus' video on it.

Things to remember guys.

1) Will it be expensive? Hell friggin yes it will. But not because it is razer. But because It is an experimental never before attempted design that could have large ramifications on the PC world. A product like this isn't designed to make money. It is designed to turn heads and get attention. They make money on the second or third generation of the product (Look at google glass for example)

2) If you don't like razer but this product is successful you can bet your sweet ass companies like MSI, gigabyte or hell even lenovo would jump on this. Prices would drive down fast. Sure there might be a premium but over time the prices would drop.

3) The sad unfortunate truth is this product, Like many products in the tech industry. Are not designed with us in mind. The ones buying their own parts assembling their own computers are in the minority. Like linus said and i'm sure from a lot of your personal experience, most people are deathly afraid of opening their own computers. Something like this could be a god send for most gamers out there who think that when their PC is getting slow they should just buy a brand new pre built one.

So I think this is going to do good for many people who aren't us honestly. And besides who knows. Maybe 5 years down the road your going to be browsing the ASUS webpage and man... that new modular docking station PC they just came out with just looks so damn sexy... and the form factor is perfect for you and it's only a hundred bucks more then if I bult one myself in a form factor that small you just... You can't pass it up ; P   

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Okay so for those who are saying this is aimed at people who don't want to go to the trouble of learning what PC components are and just want the LEGO building experience, you could just buy a pre-built instead. If you buy a decent one then upgrading one part would be pointless (not to mention you almost can't go wrong these days) you may as well buy a new pre-built.

I like the idea and I think they're clever in that once you've bought one of these you'll need to go back to Razer to get your upgrades but COME ON.

EDIT: I revise my judgement after watching Linus video.

It's a concept that I like, but it has a way to go I think, it brings that phonebloks thing to mind. I'm certainly skeptical, but I like that they're trying to push things to the limits.

Exactly..

But how can one single radiator be able to cool 3 Desktop grade graphics cards and a CPU?

That.. just.. won't.. work.

And the Razer CEO also said, they want to overclock the CPU which makes this whole thing just more unreal.

I don't think it's a single radiator. I believe the front block is also part of the PSU block which is probably not modular so it can probably fit dual/triple radiator in total. Linus' video just came out and it's a concept PC for now so "the final product might not even look remotely like this at all"(Linus, 2014). 

That kinda cleared some of my doubt since I was wondering how the balls did they fit all the stuff in. I really wanna look at the inside of the system.

As crazy as it sounds, I think it's possible, maybe with a few changes here and there. I mean why would the CPU and RAM, both being so small, take up an entire block for each one of them? There's probably more stuff in the blocks than we know. The final product will probably be more-balling-expensive-than-Alienware-and-Apple kind of expensive but it's feasible to some extend. 

Linus' video on it, kinda change my opinion I think it's cool now.

I kinda liked it too but I don't think it's something that is targeted for majority of the people in this forum. So...yea. =\

Btw, I often find myself getting convinced by Linus to something I completely disagreed on. Maybe he casted some dark spells on us through the video but yea. Gonna re-evaluate the things after watching his videos. Just saying, you know. =)

Yeah just watched linus' video on it.

Things to remember guys.

1) Will it be expensive? Hell friggin yes it will. But not because it is razer. But because It is an experimental never before attempted design that could have large ramifications on the PC world. A product like this isn't designed to make money. It is designed to turn heads and get attention. They make money on the second or third generation of the product (Look at google glass for example)

2) If you don't like razer but this product is successful you can bet your sweet ass companies like MSI, gigabyte or hell even lenovo would jump on this. Prices would drive down fast. Sure there might be a premium but over time the prices would drop.

3) The sad unfortunate truth is this product, Like many products in the tech industry. Are not designed with us in mind. The ones buying their own parts assembling their own computers are in the minority. Like linus said and i'm sure from a lot of your personal experience, most people are deathly afraid of opening their own computers. Something like this could be a god send for most gamers out there who think that when their PC is getting slow they should just buy a brand new pre built one.

So I think this is going to do good for many people who aren't us honestly. And besides who knows. Maybe 5 years down the road your going to be browsing the ASUS webpage and man... that new modular docking station PC they just came out with just looks so damn sexy... and the form factor is perfect for you and it's only a hundred bucks more then if I bult one myself in a form factor that small you just... You can't pass it up ; P   

Just to add on to what you said,

1) They have to engineer everything by themselves. The ports, the design inside the 'blocks' and so on. Not to mention the manufacturing cost is going to be high for something so complicated.

2) I don't have much to add to this but even if it's not successful, it's a good concept design. Maybe someday in the future when the technology is more feasible/reasonable for a design like this, some company will take the concept and remake it. Maybe they'll improve and remake it with different implementations. It's a concept. 

3) As I said in my previous post, we're not the targeted customers but I'm sure as hell there are people out there who'd like this. I was telling a friend not to buy PS4 and build a PC instead. He replied, "I don't have the capabilities, bro". I'm not sure what he meant capabilities(financial-wise or skill) but there are a lot of people out there who just don't wanna touch their PC or too afraid to get one themselves. It's like the parts will magically explode if they touch it with their fingers.

Also, I think it's good for the console peasants guys who're able to afford one, but can't build one because of their console fingers. Good marketing for PC too.