Razer's Project Christine

Kirihuna

Kudos to Razer for a nice idea, GG WP. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

This is merely an idea/concept. Razer is doing nothing but innovating and opening doors for new business models. I don't understand the hate? :P

Razer wat r u doin. Razer stahp

Yes Razer, stop innovating. Please, just leave us with a boring mid towers and we'll be fine.

I think it looks pretty cool and interesting, if unnecessary. Unless they do a crazy amount of work it's not going to do anything more than a regular PC. I mean, theoretically it could allow you to put in "more" of one thing at the expense of another, but for the most part PC motherboards have all the ports for everything that the CPU can manage so unless they have a custom CPU you can't, for example, put in a ton of RAM modules just because the slots are modular. If it manages to be cheaper than a custom-built computer with the same parts, or at least similarly priced, then it has a chance for people who really don't want to go through the risk and effort of normal PC upgrades, but most people would either get a mass-produced model, order one custom made, or put in the work to assemble it themselves.

Still a cool concept, and I actually like the way it looks.

i dont know how to feel about this. At first i was like hmm very interesting but now im like lol cooling

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

looks dope but lacks the raw power and cooling potential of a regular PC.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I love how the opinions have shifted after Linus released his video about it.

Everyone was trash talking about how bad it looks and now its all like "yeh pretty interesting"...

More like pretty pathetic. 

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

looks dope but lacks the raw power and cooling potential of a regular PC.

They're currently planning to have it 100% oil cooled. So it would have more cooling power than you'd expect.

They're currently planning to have it 100% oil cooled. So it would have more cooling power than you'd expect.

Oh, well there you go. Now it appears to have a lot  more potential.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Holy shit, overpriced warning!

Lack of cooling means mobile parts! 

Looks like shit, woo razer!

That looks so fucking retarded, why would you spend the extra m,oney on that? you can't even use high end hardware there is no ventilation!

It is oil cooled.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

A lot of people seemed hyped on this.. but i think it's really stupid. What is wrong with the current PC that this fixes? Nothing.. I can take out my graphics card and upgrade and it'll probaably be easier than this stupid thing

by innovation do you mean locking down an already modular platform with proprietary hardware?

What are you talking about? Everything communicates via PCI-Express. The connector is the issue.

Also, while watercooling is modular, it certainly makes upgrading your computer more difficult.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I can take out my graphics card and upgrade and it'll probaably be easier than this stupid thing

Tell that to a watercooler. Also, you don't have to open your PC at all with project Christine.

A lot of people seemed hyped on this.. but i think it's really stupid. What is wrong with the current PC that this fixes? Nothing.. I can take out my graphics card and upgrade and it'll probaably be easier than this stupid thing

That is a pretty ignorant statement my friend. 

It potentially fixes the problem of people who want to upgrade their PCs but are too scared to open the case. Swaping black boxes wouldn't be harder than installing a sim in a smartphone, so more people could do that. Also mineral oil cooling is a great thing that you can hardly do on your own. I've only seen it used en masse for enterprise solutions.

It potentially fixes the problem of people who want to upgrade their PCs but are too scared to open the case. Swaping black boxes wouldn't be harder than installing a sim in a smartphone, so more people could do that. Also mineral oil cooling is a great thing that you can hardly do on your own. I've only seen it used en masse for enterprise solutions.

but are consumers that don't want to touch the insides of their PC willing to pay for something that will be really expensive? I really doubt it..but then again mainstream consumers are kinda dumb

but are consumers that don't want to touch the insides of their PC willing to pay for something that will be really expensive? I really doubt it..but then again mainstream consumers are kinda dumb

Alienware is well from what I can hear and so is apple. This is an early concept but I could see a target audience for this. I don't think most users of this forums could be a target audience for such a product, maybe apart from those who would market this thing to their non-tech-savy friends.

Alienware is well from what I can hear and so is apple. This is an early concept but I could see a target audience for this. I don't think most users of this forums could be a target audience for such a product, maybe apart from those who would market this thing to their non-tech-savy friends.

iDK. maybe this is cause my opinion is from a standpoint where PC's are already modular. I don't see this really going anywhere. I'm sure the parts are going to be really expensive as well seeing as they're going towards people that don't want to open their case so those people honestly probably don't even know what they're buying leading them to get ripped off, which is what will probably happen

Like the look, hate the idea. It will have the worlds worst cooling. Look at the GPU's. Will the bottom one just be blowing hot air onto the top one?

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Like the look, hate the idea. It will have the worlds worst cooling. Look at the GPU's. Will the bottom one just be blowing hot air onto the top one?

I guess you haven't taken the time to actually look into this... Completely cooled with mineral oil.. please take the time to gain knowledge on what your are speaking of before you make statements like that. Thanks

I guess you haven't taken the time to actually look into this... Completely cooled with mineral oil.. please take the time to gain knowledge on what your are speaking of before you make statements like that. Thanks

Yeah sorry about that. Just got home and I'm tired as hell and just wanted to skim through all the recent news

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Yeah sorry about that. Just got home and I'm tired as hell and just wanted to skim through all the recent news

Lol it's alright, I see a lot of people who make themselves out to be "tech elitist" and then say stuff like that, it can get pretty annoying. My apologies for out bursting :)