Valve's Steam Machine Brochure - With Specs and $ Prices

Askew

http://media.steampowered.com/store/steammachines/SteamMachinesBroc_WEB.PDF

Lots of different configs available from quite a few OEMs as discussed in other threads, It seems to range from mid to very high just like any other PC to be honest, I'm not sure I'm going to have any incentive to get one over building a PC and putting SteamOS on it.

I'll admit some of them do look cool, especially the Digital Storm Bolt II, and my least favourite looking is the Zotac because it looks like a wireless router!

The page is under a lot of load.

EDIT: I have uploaded to Mega in case traffic is too heavy for people to open it in a browser (mine hanged for minutes before I just pulled the file and used a reader .exe)

https://mega.co.nz/#!CcJThaDJ!L7d_hHrY0T2sI6qDzaNOARgest8CPiNMk3pCCeuv9rQ

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Dude, I think Valve just crashed the Steam Website on its own :D. And those designs look awesome

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Do some of those contain Mobile GPUS?

Because I dont think a regular GPU can fit into some of those cases

Dude, I think Valve just crashed the Steam Website on its own :D. And those designs look awesome

I put a direct download on Mega in case it's too slow.

the gigabyte one uses iris pro I think and the others are probably using risers

Quite possibly, although the higher end ones seem to be large enough to house full size cards, one of them has a window so you can see the card inside :)

Pretty cool.

Although the ones in the Bitfenix ITX cases don't really make any sense. It's a just pre-built ITX rig with a Linux OS pre-installed, anyone can do that.

I like the ibuypower one

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Pretty cool.

Although the ones in the Bitfenix ITX cases don't really make any sense. It's a just pre-built ITX rig with a Linux OS pre-installed, anyone can do that.

Yeah these are all just pre-built PCs to me.

The only ones that are actually interesting are the Alienware, iBUYPOWER and CyberPowerPC Steam Machines, They're the only ones that are budget oriented and made as a console replacement.

I must be the only one that fails to see what's so great about the Steam Box. It's a prebuilt computer running Linux? Why are people so damn excited for it? Prebuilts have been around forever now.

It's another option instead of purchasing a normal console such as a PS4 or Xbox. The pricing is very competitive, offerring better hardware at the same price of an Xbox 1.

The prices on some of these looks pretty good. I'm really hoping this takes off.

Only 3 can compete with the consoles, the rest are just overpriced for what they have. $1300 for a 4570, GTX760, and 1 TB HDD?!? Overpriced IMO. I can see the IBuyPower system taking off, seems like it has great specs for the price.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Scolled down, saw the steam controller, and was super excited to see what the price was going to be for it.... then nothing!

Scolled down, saw the steam controller, and was super excited to see what the price was going to be for it.... then nothing!

I suspect that they are including them with the price of a Steambox, but not making them available seperately for now, I suppose wanting to try the controller could be a potential incentive for buying a box.

So the Alienware Steam Machine isn't just the X51 with SteamOS preloaded. Also, Kotaku has posted the contents of the brochure in case you don't want to take forever to load this .pdf. I'm guessing a lot of other people are, considering how slowly it's loading for me.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

It's another option instead of purchasing a normal console such as a PS4 or Xbox. The pricing is very competitive, offerring better hardware at the same price of an Xbox 1.

It's the same price as every other prebuilt minus the OS. 

I don't like the ones with normal cases but some look really good. The prices though 0.o

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Some of them are really overpriced but some of the other ones look pretty decent. The ones that are basically standard BitFenix/Silverstone cases with 780s thrown into them really don't make much sense. I always thought the point of SteamOS was to have an open upgradeable "console" experience. Something that comes in at slightly under the spec and price of the PS4/XBOne now but stays at that price and improves as the consoles drop in price and stay the same. All of that in a form factor that an average user couldn't just go out and build for themselves.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Wow I'm digging the design of the Alienware even tho I hate Alienware lol

I might just buy the digital storm one at the lowest specks just so I can get that case. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I might just buy the digital storm one at the lowest specks just so I can get that case. 

I liked the look of that case too! I was just thinking to myself I wonder if anyone will buy this just to get the case, and also if they might sell me one of those cases if it's ATX!

The PDF file freezes up any PDF program I open it in :(

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15