Valve's Steam Machine Brochure - With Specs and $ Prices

Askew

Really hope Valve sets a hardware baseline for performance. Like minimum quad core CPU, and Radeon 7850 or equivalant to be able to qualify as a 'steam machine'. They can revise the minimum specs annually.The last thing we need is some low performance machines in the market ruining the brand name. Because the general public may not understand about the specs and they just may reach the conclusion that steam machines=slow.

Really hope Valve sets a hardware baseline for performance. Like minimum quad core CPU, and Radeon 7850 or equivalant to be able to qualify as a 'steam machine'. They can revise the minimum specs annually.The last thing we need is some low performance machines in the market ruining the brand name. Because the general public may not understand about the specs and they just may reach the conclusion that steam machines=slow.

not going to happen, you ll see some with mobile things in them to make them smaller.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Okay this is pointless, it's just the pc's with their specs again, i wish valve made them like in tiers, now it's not less confusing for random people who want to buy a steambox, it's probably more confusing now when you have to consider a pc or a steambox.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So the Alienware Steam Machine isn't just the X51 with SteamOS preloaded. Also, Kotaku has posted the contents of the brochure in case you don't want to take forever to load this .pdf. I'm guessing a lot of other people are, considering how slowly it's loading for me.

Thanks for posting the link... Don't read the comments though it's a cesspool of just dumb...

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"