Power supply question

Hi! I am just picking some parts for my builds and i came across a problem. I live in Singapore and the plugs in my house probably have a different voltage than what the power supply needs. An adapter will also not change the voltage. Is there any item that can change the voltage or should i just buy a power supply in Singapore? (Sorry im quite new to pc building. Btw this is my first time building a pc)

You could check the ratings on the psu, because most decent modern electronics nowadays that hook into mains power are made to work anywhere between 120V and 240V at both 50hz and 60hz, so it would be very likely you just need to get a power cable that is compatible with the Singapore outlets physically, although remember to actually check first if the psu will work with it all. 

Sadness is the one true emotion, and happiness, well, that's just a lie, sadness is all many of us feel, and is all we need to feel, because having it any other way, would just be wrong, why be happy when you can just be miserable like myself. 

Well, what voltage does your wall output? 

It's probably either 240 or 115V.

Also,every psu you can buy in Singapore will be compatible because it would be stupid if it wasn't. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Hi im not sure if im supposed to post here but my computer has a 700watt ezcool silent psu the specs are an amd a6-6400k duel core 3.9ghz cpu, 6gb ram, windows 10 64 bit and a xfx amd radeon r7970 ghost edition 3gb gnu but it keeps shutting itself down when I try doing a bench mark on car mechanic simulator on medium, shuts down on tera and on killing floor 2 but its fine with left 4 dead 2 what could be wrong ive changed the voltage the ram gets in the bios from 1.5 to 1.65 and ive changed the MHz they do from 1333mhx to 1800mhz to see if it works and its fine on Stardew valley since its a 2d game but other than that it shuts itself down can someone help or advise me please (p.s at the moment I have a financial problem so saving up for a new part is an issue).

Thanks Chris 

23 hours ago, Anderwear said:

Hi! I am just picking some parts for my builds and i came across a problem. I live in Singapore and the plugs in my house probably have a different voltage than what the power supply needs. An adapter will also not change the voltage. Is there any item that can change the voltage or should i just buy a power supply in Singapore? (Sorry im quite new to pc building. Btw this is my first time building a pc)

????

You should live in a 220V AC/50Hz area.

That is the best for PSU there is. So there isn't a problem there.

16 hours ago, GHSTlordlambert said:

Hi im not sure if im supposed to post here but my computer has a 700watt ezcool silent psu the specs are

...irrelevant as that PSU is garbage and to be replaced.

You don't need something fancy, an entry level unit with independant voltage regulation is more than sufficient.

So something like be quiet System Power (U)9...

But I'd not use that PSU as its a very low quality PSU in this category:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/26/exploding_computer_vs_reg_reader/

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

7 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

????

You don't need something fancy, an entry level unit with independant voltage regulation is more than sufficient.

So system power u9 is a good psu, I've seen them in some places in latinoamerica it works with 100-120V AC right?

5 minutes ago, 17030644 said:

So system power u9 is a good psu,

No, it is an OK one.

Good would be the Straight Power 11 or Bitfenix Formula.

I've seen them in some places in latinoamerica it works with 100-120V AC right?

Yes, that's why they needed a new one with a different plattform.

The U9 is the 100-240VAC version the normal 9 is the 200-240VAC one.

Just now, Stefan Payne said:

No, it is an OK one.

Good would be the Straight Power 11 or Bitfenix Formula.

Yes, that's why they needed a new one with a different plattform.

The U9 is the 100-240VAC version the normal 9 is the 200-240VAC one.

Oh I didn't know that

well yes it depends on your definition on good, I'm surprised to have forgotten than

but there's no straight power 11 or bitfenix formula in here

You only find: cooler master, corsair, evga, seasonic for the most part. And the cheap system power U9 in some places

5 hours ago, GHSTlordlambert said:

lol no help for my question nice :/

I did quote you and told you to NOT USE THAT PSU...

Because that's what might happen:

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

I did quote you and told you to NOT USE THAT PSU...

Because that's what might happen:

never showed me

14 minutes ago, GHSTlordlambert said:

never showed me

~9h ago, with other stuff..

here what I said:

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

~9h ago, with other stuff..

here what I said:

fair enough so at the moment I can't turn my computer on then because the psu is garbage then im looking into an evga 750watt psu thats semi modular and a corsair 750watt psu which is all in one

9 minutes ago, GHSTlordlambert said:

fair enough so at the moment I can't turn my computer on then because the psu is garbage then im looking into an evga 750watt psu thats semi modular and a corsair 750watt psu which is all in one

You do not need that high wattage, a good 400-550W is more than enough and probably cheaper, if available.

What are the ones available?

Because somethings like a 150HP BMW says nothing either...

3 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

You do not need that high wattage, a good 400-550W is more than enough and probably cheaper, if available.

What are the ones available?

Because somethings like a 150HP BMW says nothing either...

not sure whats available but the lowest that the gp can handle is a 550 but recommended a 650 so I though that because I have also been looking into a new cpu aswell which for that I found a amd a8 quad core thats fa superior to mine at CEX for £20.00 I can have a look at pc world/ currys as thats our pc shop and id prefer to buy it from a shop than an online one

9 minutes ago, GHSTlordlambert said:

not sure whats available but the lowest that the gp can handle is a 550 but recommended a 650 so I though that because I have also been looking into a new cpu aswell which for that I found a amd a8 quad core thats fa superior to mine at CEX for £20.00 I can have a look at pc world/ currys as thats our pc shop and id prefer to buy it from a shop than an online one

If you're on a budget, its rather unlikely that you will be able to get close to even 500W.

A Ryzen 7/1700X with _TWO_ Radeon HD7970GHz/280X is around 550W load.

So that means you need a highest end GPU with high end CPUs to get close to that...

So that means a PC in the direction of 2000€.

Do you have the money or want to spend it?

For ~1400€, you're fine with 400-450W.

38 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

If you're on a budget, its rather unlikely that you will be able to get close to even 500W.

A Ryzen 7/1700X with _TWO_ Radeon HD7970GHz/280X is around 550W load.

So that means you need a highest end GPU with high end CPUs to get close to that...

So that means a PC in the direction of 2000€.

Do you have the money or want to spend it?

For ~1400€, you're fine with 400-450W.

I don't have the money at the moment but hopefully I will soon and ah fair enough I get you and I built this pc on a budget last year in total it cost me £250 and adding the new gpu is around £310 but I was also think gin a 750 just incase I wanted to upgrade in years to come but I can go lower because if it will save money

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/components-and-upgrades/power-supplies/1113_8408_71555_xx_xx/1_16/price-asc/xx-criteria.html 

these are what I can try to get

On 10/28/2018 at 9:31 PM, Stefan Payne said:

????

What about 240V? Just making sure because im a first time builder and don’t wanna waste my saving from the whole year.

On 10/27/2018 at 3:27 PM, GHSTlordlambert said:

Hi im not sure if im supposed to post here 

-snip-

Sounds like you should create your own topic instead of commenting on someone else's. Do you know how?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

29 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Sounds like you should create your own topic instead of commenting on someone else's. Do you know how?

I told him the same thing last night in another topic LOL

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Just now, Tristerin said:

I told him the same thing last night in another topic LOL

Oy vey

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Anderwear said:

What about 240V? Just making sure because im a first time builder and don’t wanna waste my saving from the whole year.

240VAC is the upper end of the PSU input voltage.

So no problem there, most are specified to allow that.