Samsung shows of their mobile phone design direction in 2019, and it's HUGE

Bouzoo
3 hours ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

S3s, various S3 Minis, S4 Mini, S5 Mini

Speaking of my S3 Mini, suddenly died without doing anything

Speaking of my S5 Mini, 2 months after I bought it, it didn't turn on, all data lost, now the display controller is funky (lowest fifth of the screen cannot dim to minimum brightness and flickers), battery draining issues (even with new battery and reset of the os and very little apps), sometimes random lockups.

the other phones above had the same battery draining issues

the s4 mini died suddenly too, the s3 disintegrated itself

seems like all the problems you have with the mini variant, where do you even get these mini handsets? never have even heard of it before until now, probably the reason they could be at fault, but no, all of my phones still work and have been in excellent condition, as far as the battery drain issues, citing battery issues for a phone that's 4-5 years old is not fair, all samsung phones after S7 have done aged well, i have an S7 edge that still gives me a days worth with 6 hours on screen. you can ask others who have owned any phones after S7 to be sure, but i agree the old Samsung phones were really bad at battery life and was so slow. and all the other issues you have are from phones before S6, i can nitpick flaws of phones during those times of any other companies to be fair, its only in the recent 3 years phones have come to a point that it's usable without it crapping it out just because its a cheap phone. so when you are saying maybe they should make phones that lasts more than 3 years, they have, you just happened to stop buying them when they did. 

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

You're lying about something. If it's not about phones lasting under normal conditions, then you're lying about those phones not being abused.

oh i can bet it would be, you can throw the S3 20 feet in the air and it would just drop and explode into parts and would just work if you re-assemble the back panel and the battery it would just work as if nothing had happened, i find it hard to believe it disintegrated by itself 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

On 10/19/2018 at 10:46 PM, 19_blackie_73 said:

Tag me in 8-16 months when I'm right.

Take me with you when it happens

5 hours ago, Drak3 said:

You're lying about something. If it's not about phones lasting under normal conditions, then you're lying about those phones not being abused.

image.thumb.png.3597fcde3c76d77f2c3c52dc4ac04aaa.png

as you can tell, no cracked screen, no scratches, no nothing. clean it and you have a new phone on the surface.

For the phones I owned I can tell that I never cracked a screen, don't throw them around and don't use them a lot as you can tell about the on screen usage statistics. Same for my parents, and they have problems too. Still the screen funks out as you can tell.

Maybe you mean with "not normal condition" that I barely use it, maybe 1,5 h screen on time a day at max, but that shouldn't break it. And even with that low usage I have to load up the battery ever single day because it's empty in the evening, even with a new battery. So looks like the same problem that linus had with one of the recent ones he reviewed.

3 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

seems like all the problems you have with the mini variant, where do you even get these mini handsets? never have even heard of it before until now, probably the reason they could be at fault, but no, all of my phones still work and have been in excellent condition, as far as the battery drain issues, citing battery issues for a phone that's 4-5 years old is not fair, all samsung phones after S7 have done aged well, i have an S7 edge that still gives me a days worth with 6 hours on screen. you can ask others who have owned any phones after S7 to be sure, but i agree the old Samsung phones were really bad at battery life and was so slow. and all the other issues you have are from phones before S6, i can nitpick flaws of phones during those times of any other companies to be fair, its only in the recent 3 years phones have come to a point that it's usable without it crapping it out just because its a cheap phone. so when you are saying maybe they should make phones that lasts more than 3 years, they have, you just happened to stop buying them when they did. 

maybe it has to do with the mini variant, I don't know, but the track record with samsung is bad on my side and on some of my friends side and I don't like spending a ton of money for a flagship I don't need the power of. The mini variants were small and affordable, so I went for them at the time. The reason I have not a newer phone is because the current one worked the last two years more or less acceptable and at the time I bought the S5 mini, it was a somewhat good option for the price. Yes it is at this point a bit over two years old, but even a new battery didn't fix the very bad battery life.

3 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

oh i can bet it would be, you can throw the S3 20 feet in the air and it would just drop and explode into parts and would just work if you re-assemble the back panel and the battery it would just work as if nothing had happened, i find it hard to believe it disintegrated by itself 

That was a friends case, the only thing I know it broke too, not only on his fault. Even take this one out of the equation, doesn't change anything.

You can believe me or not, calling somebody a liar on a public forum is still very offensive if you have no proove at all. There are other ways to express your concerns, you can doubt, that's out of question, but if you doubt something that someone else tells, it's not automatically a lie especially if it's based of an experience.

And now, I'm out of this.

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

1 minute ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

You can believe me or not, calling somebody a liar on a public forum is still very offensive if you have no proove at all. 

What you describe is not possible, ergo it's blatantly obvious that you are lying about some aspect of your claim.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

12 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

What you describe is not possible, ergo it's blatantly obvious that you are lying about some aspect of your claim.

why is it not possible?

I didn't state this happened all in the last month, but over the course of 3-4 years.

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

2x Dell UP2516D

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

18 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

why is it not possible?

Because if your lie was true, Samsung would not be the largest phone manufacture by volume of units, they'd be out of the smartphone business.

Even at Apple's worse, no phone was as fragile as you're making Samsung's out to be.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

27 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Because if your lie was true, Samsung would not be the largest phone manufacture by volume of units, they'd be out of the smartphone business.

Even at Apple's worse, no phone was as fragile as you're making Samsung's out to be.

Maybe my "problem" is that I use or like to use the phone for more than two years? many people don't care what's after 2 years happens because they get a new phone anyways.

Maybe the mini series is worse than the rest of the phones, could be.
As I often stated: it is MY experience and things I saw happening to others, not YOURS

maybe if i write in capital letters, you will understand the difference between YOU and ME. Just because my experience doesn't match with your experience, it isn't a lie.

and maybe it also depends on where you live what quality you get.

And there are many companies out there where things tend to break soon after 2 years, and still people buy it.

And there are even companies out there that only loose money selling stuff and still aren't out of business because their brand name is so much worth.

And on apple's side, people bought the 6 series anyways allthough they knew there was a phone bending problem.

You just need to sell it the right way.

- Ryzen Build -

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

2x Dell UP2516D

14 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

Maybe my "problem" is that I use or like to use the phone for more than two years?

No, your problem is that you're lying, either about the circumstances or outright. I don't care which.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

No, your problem is that you're lying, either about the circumstances or outright. I don't care which.

what would you accept as a proove?

Anyways I doubt that anything I can do without risking my privacy wouldn't convince someone as stubborn and far from reality as you are.

EDIT: BTW thanks for showing me the ignore function of this forum, as I have other problems than trying to convince someone that clearly has no respect for other people with different experiences

- Ryzen Build -

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

2x Dell UP2516D

9 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

what would you accept as a proove?

Something that even remotely supports thr notion that what you've described is possible.

Hint: it isn't, the only people experiencing these issues, at any scale beyond a bad egg every few thousand phones, are those that abuse the absolute shit out of their phones.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.