Why would someone buy these Digital Storm PC’s?

I mean I see a lot of storage and a liquid cooling system for some of them but at a maximum of $2000 they are giving you a 1070? Wth is this?

7B715698-9A97-455F-818F-5ED0DEE78F1A.png

0D6582DF-3F02-45DF-9CF4-D895F190E25B.png

C57BCD11-28CC-4D2F-B24C-B828794807E7.png

CA9A2DA6-9D03-46E5-B72D-0E6B38A1EACF.png

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

8 minutes ago, Mugenjynn said:

I mean I see a lot of storage and a liquid cooling system for some of them but at a maximum of $2000 they are giving you a 1070? Wth is this?

DigitalStorm is a boutique PC builder, offering a pre-built system with tested and fitted components designed to work together with minimal bottlenecking. Boutique builders usually charge a premium for this because 1) they can get away with it, 2) they provide direct support like Dell or HP, and 3) some people genuinely don't care about the cost and don't want to build a gaming PC or do the work themselves.

Is it wrong? Well, that's up to the individual - personally I'd rather pre-built business series PC from Dell or HP over a boutique builder's PC because Dell and HP's business lineup offer quality PC's for business use at a cheaper price than custom building, in most cases. For anything higher performing, I'd custom build. On the other hand, people who don't want to do the work themselves and have sacks of money lying around will be totally OK with "overpaying" a boutique builder.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

7 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Lmao ?   But I think you missed the gpu

nvm I can’t find that gpu ?

6 minutes ago, kirashi said:

On the other hand, people who don't want to do the work themselves and have sacks of money lying around will be totally OK with "overpaying" a boutique builder.

Someone that buys a $1000 PC doesn't usually have sacks of money lying around. That's the sort of person that should try to optimise for value, imo. And not get a system with just a 2400G...

:)

Just now, Mugenjynn said:

Oof I’m stupid 

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

The Vega 11 is the iGPU of the 2400G. 

which is why over 1000$ is BS, considering the RAM i put in the list is 4000mhz, where the digital storm is probably 3000 or 3200

7 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Someone that buys a $1000 PC doesn't usually have sacks of money lying around. That's the sort of person that should try to optimise for value, imo. And not get a system with just a 2400G...

I know; I was more referencing how some boutique builders will sell PC's with only $1500 worth of hardware in them for $3000 depending on the level of support chosen, or the perks of buying from that specific builder.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

9 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

which is why over 1000$ is BS, considering the RAM i put in the list is 4000mhz, where the digital storm is probably 3000 or 3200

3200? more like 2133, they only care about profits

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

3200? more like 2133, they only care about profits

lol

I mean, they need to profit, and not a lot of people are tech gurus like people on this forum. 

PC builders from my country used to swap i5-6500 with i5 650, and they often get away with it because people don't always know about this stuff.

I don't who buys them, but it's really not worth it in so far as I'm concerned. But clearly there's a market cause they've been around since 2002.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

2 hours ago, BrandedUpontheGrave said:

I don't who buys them, but it's really not worth it in so far as I'm concerned. But clearly there's a market cause they've been around since 2002.

Really? I’ve only been seeing ads about them this year.

28 minutes ago, Mugenjynn said:

Really? I’ve only been seeing ads about them this year.

Apparently their first custom pre-built system launched in 2012, which about lines up with when I first started hearing/seeing them around. Before that they were a parts retailer if le internets research doesn't fail me.

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

i mean getting the PC setup from scratch (ordering, getting the mail, opening boxes, windows installation) takes 3 hours for highly experienced builders. Granted majority of this is software, you're essentially buying 3 hours of time for 1000 dollars. For some people its worth it. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

System builders are for people who want to literally plug in their PC, turn it on, and everything is set up for them, minus the initial OS configuration for a user account and settings. Whether or not that money is worth their time and effort is up to them.

Think about all of the other things you could do to save money if you just did it yourself and why you opt to have someone else do it rather than do it yourself.

EDIT: I mean in this case, I hear the argument that some stores offer a service to build what you've purchased and ship the built PC instead so just go that route if you don't want to build. But the stores also likely aren't going to give you the same level of customer support as a system builder if something goes wrong.

Edited by M.Yurizaki

7 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

System builders are for people who want to literally plug in their PC, turn it on, and everything is set up for them, minus the initial OS configuration for a user account and settings. Whether or not that money is worth their time and effort is up to them.

Think about all of the other things you could do to save money if you just did it yourself and why you opt to have someone else do it rather than do it yourself.

EDIT: I mean in this case, I hear the argument that some stores offer a service to build what you've purchased and ship the built PC instead so just go that route if you don't want to build. But the stores also likely aren't going to give you the same level of customer support as a system builder if something goes wrong.

Capitalism basically, it's worth what you're willing to pay for it, if you're not willing to pay for it you don't.

I wouldn't call it shady business so long as you actually get what they're selling, it's just not my business. Plus just imagine the kind of calls these guys get for customer service, when the end user installs some buggy software or virus that impairs or bricks their computer and blames it on THEM.

Because you know that happens.  

6 hours ago, BrandedUpontheGrave said:

Capitalism basically, it's worth what you're willing to pay for it, if you're not willing to pay for it you don't.

I wouldn't call it shady business so long as you actually get what they're selling, it's just not my business. Plus just imagine the kind of calls these guys get for customer service, when the end user installs some buggy software or virus that impairs or bricks their computer and blames it on THEM.

Because you know that happens.  

I feel like people also forget a few other things:

• It's not their money people are spending
  • There are other choices out there, most of the time.

If someone wants to spend $2000 on a video card, I'm not going to stop them.