Finished the Witcher 3 anything I can play to live up to this masterpiece of storytelling?

whitedragon101
1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

That's actually false. I think more people don't like LIS than people that do. Beyond the hella awful French teenage American false slang dialogue the story isn't that great and the methods of storytelling are also pretty weak.

Best of all is that it was completely forgettable.

if you say so

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/life-is-strange

Any of dead space games

you should definetly try out an oldie goldie - Gothic 2 . Has a great story and gameplay. 
Fallout 4 has also an intryguing story. 
I am currently doing Assasins's Creed ODdysey and I am suprised how well the story goes there, it is also quite intryguing. Its long and maybe not as unexpected like wither or the other titles but will get you in for good hours. 

i7-8086K, Strix Z370E-Gaming, G.Skill Trident 32gb 3000MHZ CL 14, Strix 1080 Ti OC, Corsair HX1000i, Obsidian 1000D, Corsair Hydro X custom loop, 13x Corsair LL120, Corsair Lighting Node Pro, 2x SSD Adata SU800 3DNand - 1tb and 128gb, 1Tb WD Blue, Cable Mod Full Cable Kit, Monitor Asus XG27VQ 144Mhz Curved

On 10/10/2018 at 7:06 AM, Stefan Payne said:

Nier:Automata for example.

But remember: You have to play through the story (at least) 3 Times. (due to different angles. The second time is from the other side, the third is a completely different one)

Such a great game. I wish I could do the 3rd play through but my game keeps crashing before I can get to a save point (PC version).

Tyranny has a pretty good story to it.

5 hours ago, Enochian said:

you should definetly try out an oldie goldie - Gothic 2 . Has a great story and gameplay. 
Fallout 4 has also an intryguing story. 
I am currently doing Assasins's Creed ODdysey and I am suprised how well the story goes there, it is also quite intryguing. Its long and maybe not as unexpected like wither or the other titles but will get you in for good hours. 

How many other AC games have you played? I got bored after Brotherhood when I realized they weren't adding anything new at all in three games. To this day I'm still pretty sure all they've added was boats, dumb RPG elements, "micro" transactions, and... animals I guess.

#Muricaparrotgang

I highly recommend Divinity Original Sin 2 if you havent played it yet. 

The story is not nearly as good but its goofy and the game is fun and gameplay is awesome. Its a really awesome RPG and a nice change from TW3. 

14 hours ago, JZStudios said:

How many other AC games have you played? I got bored after Brotherhood when I realized they weren't adding anything new at all in three games. To this day I'm still pretty sure all they've added was boats, dumb RPG elements, "micro" transactions, and... animals I guess.

All of them actually :D I love what they did with origins and oddysey now. And I get your point with the previous part but oddysey is nice. Not my first choice in terms of RPG games for sure but it's something that is keeping me many hours in the game now.  Apart from the gameplay.. well i just enjoy the story (first time since AC 2) 

i7-8086K, Strix Z370E-Gaming, G.Skill Trident 32gb 3000MHZ CL 14, Strix 1080 Ti OC, Corsair HX1000i, Obsidian 1000D, Corsair Hydro X custom loop, 13x Corsair LL120, Corsair Lighting Node Pro, 2x SSD Adata SU800 3DNand - 1tb and 128gb, 1Tb WD Blue, Cable Mod Full Cable Kit, Monitor Asus XG27VQ 144Mhz Curved

OP, try also Kingdom come deliverance or  The Long Dark

9 hours ago, Enochian said:

All of them actually :D I love what they did with origins and oddysey now. And I get your point with the previous part but oddysey is nice. Not my first choice in terms of RPG games for sure but it's something that is keeping me many hours in the game now.  Apart from the gameplay.. well i just enjoy the story (first time since AC 2) 

Have they actually added anything from what I described?

There's 11 main games and like 20 spinoffs or something? http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_(series)

But the gameplay seems to be the same exact thing of go to a location, climb a high thing, do the panaview, boring tailing mission, single button combat system that always sucked, ...?

Even in terms of story I thought they were working their way towards modern times with Desmond, which got convoluted as fuck even in Brotherhood, got to London in the 1900's somewhere, then decided if they actually moved to modern times with Desmond the series might actually have a conclusion, as stupid as it would be, so they went back to ancient Egypt and Greece to keep the overbloated series continuing.

I mean, seriously the only thing I was really interested in was Desmond and after 11 games they couldn't figure it out. And for some reason what's her name got stabbed because of an apple thing? And it's okay though, because she was somehow still a double agent or something! Just seems like they try too hard to keep the cash flowing franchise alive.

#Muricaparrotgang

10 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Have they actually added anything from what I described?

There's 11 main games and like 20 spinoffs or something? http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_(series)

But the gameplay seems to be the same exact thing of go to a location, climb a high thing, do the panaview, boring tailing mission, single button combat system that always sucked, ...?

Even in terms of story I thought they were working their way towards modern times with Desmond, which got convoluted as fuck even in Brotherhood, got to London in the 1900's somewhere, then decided if they actually moved to modern times with Desmond the series might actually have a conclusion, as stupid as it would be, so they went back to ancient Egypt and Greece to keep the overbloated series continuing.

I mean, seriously the only thing I was really interested in was Desmond and after 11 games they couldn't figure it out. And for some reason what's her name got stabbed because of an apple thing? And it's okay though, because she was somehow still a double agent or something! Just seems like they try too hard to keep the cash flowing franchise alive.

Well indeed after AC II and brotherhood the storyline got a bit messed up, specially if someone just takes a look at the game but does not play the complete story. 
If you expect just to learn about Desmond it's not so easy because the only way is various hints , flashbacks and.. "flashforwards".  But generally speaking from Origins it's like a new turn in the series. They're now explaining how it all began,  they explaining bits of the first civilization and actually what happened in the other games, which are often mentioned , when you are ooutside animus. 

With Oddyssey you got almost like a classic rpg , with a lot of equipment, skills etc. You also use skill perks like in an MMO RPG to do some special attacks (really nicely done) but you keep your ability to climb etc. The game is basically made to explore, because the world is fantastic, very detailed, lots of nice views. 
Of course loads of missions are just  - go somewhere, kill someone, infilitrate something etc. But the dialogs are a lot better, the story behind characters, your motivations etc. 
Overall even if i spend hours with all of the series i do enjoy this one. Compared to other parts like Syndicate, where I was bored but I played just for the sake of it. 

I'll second Nier:Automata.

Uncharted series is great but thats PS4 exclusive for now. 

Yakuza 0 just got released on Steam that I definitely recommend.  Great for story telling in both the main plot and especially the side plots which are well fleshed out.

It might not be your cup of tea as its something different but as far as visual novel games I would highly recommend the Steins;Gate games multiple endings, great characters, science etc.

I really like Guild Wars 2 story, but you might need to spend hundreds of hours or even thousand.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |