LTT Official Folding Month 2018!!!

Go to solution Solved by palespartan,

I figured I would take advantage of the fact this post hasn't been locked yet to spread the word about this years folding month.

Folding month 2019!!

See the thread for detail and don't forget to spread the word!!!

@leadeater you can now lock this one.

-Thanks

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

At this point I dunno if I'm even gonna stay in the top 15. There's quite a few poeple on this list below me who at this rate will easily catch me at their rates. Cross my fingers and hope that RAM and extra GPU come in soon, but even that wont stop  Yabdat and DUW1G1T... But maybe it's enough to hold off Powelljl, sazrocks and Flynnt

I'm keen to chase you down just because I know we have fairly similar systems.

You do have a 5 day head start on me though, and I'm trying to keep power usage low, so I don't know if I'll be able to catch you...

There's definitely a few on the list that will pass you at their current rate. Hate to say it, but everyone above you is pushing out serious numbers, if they all keep going at their current rate, I don't think you'll be able to climb any spots from this point on.

What new GPU are you getting?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

7 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I'm keen to chase you down just because I know we have fairly similar systems.

You do have a 5 day head start on me though, and I'm trying to keep power usage low, so I don't know if I'll be able to catch you...

There's definitely a few on the list that will pass you at their current rate. Hate to say it, but everyone above you is pushing out serious numbers, if they all keep going at their current rate, I don't think you'll be able to climb any spots from this point on.

Yeah I'm not getting back in the top 10... Unless someone just stops folding all together. I might be able to take 11th back from InvaderZim, bu then there's the people below me so thjat wouldn't last long at all.......

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

What new GPU are you getting?

a 750ti....

Now that doesnt sound like much (because its not, about 75k PPD), but I also have a 970FTW (350k PPD) sitting around doing absolutely nothing. The only reason I bought the 750ti was because I got it for a good price when I bundled it with 8GB of ram. 

I also still game on my 1080ti  so I turn off the folding when I do that. So there's definitely times where my scores will dip below peak efficiency. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

30 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

At this point I dunno if I'm even gonna stay in the top 15. There's quite a few poeple on this list below me who at this rate will easily catch me at their rates. Cross my fingers and hope that RAM and extra GPU come in soon, but even that wont stop  Yabdat and DUW1G1T... But maybe it's enough to hold off Powelljl, sazrocks and Flynnt

I can get a little bit more performance by switching to ubuntu on the 1080 and by overclocking both cards some more, but I doubt I’ll be able to get another card’s worth of PPD. What card are you getting?

Edit: The question was answered before I asked! 

A 750ti will make things close, we’ll just have to see.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

I have a question and there is probably a simple answer, I have a GTX 1080 a RX 580 4GB a Ryzen 1400 and 2600 and whatever is in my wife's IMac and my PPD fluctuates between 1.25m and 1.35m but my points when pulled every day only show 1m is this just a bug with the estimate or is there something I'm doing wrong?

5 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

Edit: The question was answered before I asked! 

A 750ti will make things close, we’ll just have to see.

add the GTX970FTW to that and I should be hitting 1.5M theoretically ;) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, D_Newb said:

I have a question and there is probably a simple answer, I have a GTX 1080 a RX 580 4GB a Ryzen 1400 and 2600 and whatever is in my wife's IMac and my PPD fluctuates between 1.25m and 1.35m but my points when pulled every day only show 1m is this just a bug with the estimate or is there something I'm doing wrong?

The estimation on the client doesn't factor in download and upload times, as well as post processing the time it takes for Stanford to validate it. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

15 minutes ago, Ben Quigley said:

The estimation on the client doesn't factor in download and upload times, as well as post processing the time it takes for Stanford to validate it. 

does that really take roughly 300k worth of time? I figured that would be a factor I guess I just didn't realize how large of one it was. thank you for the quick answers.

2 minutes ago, D_Newb said:

does that really take roughly 300k worth of time? I figured that would be a factor I guess I just didn't realize how large of one it was. thank you for the quick answers.

It shouldnt be that high, I agree 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I just went and cleaned my PC's insides just now. It's only been, what, a week of folding, and my PC was already fully clogged up with dust due to how I have my PC positioned under my desk as well as a generally dusty environment. :(

Might have to either slow down how often I fold for this month or even flat out give my PC rest days, I can't keep deep-cleaning it every single week.

I'll still aim for 50K points a day through 1-2 completed GPU work units from here, though.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

3 minutes ago, seoz said:

I just went and cleaned my PC's insides just now. It's only been, what, a week of folding, and my PC was already fully clogged up with dust due to how I have my PC positioned under my desk as well as a generally dusty environment. :(

Might have to either slow down how often I fold for this month or even flat out give my PC rest days, I can't keep deep-cleaning it every single week.

I'll still aim for 50K points a day through 1-2 completed GPU work units from here, though.

You seen the LTT year long dust thing right, a month wont cause any issues if temps are fine! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Ben Quigley said:

You seen the LTT year long dust thing right, a month wont cause any issues if temps are fine! 

The LTT year dust thing is rookie amount.

Think, this amount:

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

BTW, @porina what do you think of AMDs claims about the AVX improvements, I remember you citing this a reason for not going AMD.

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

BTW, @porina what do you think of AMDs claims about the AVX improvements, I remember you citing this a reason for not going AMD.

Is this the right thread for that? In short, assuming there are no (negative) surprises in their implementation it removes the biggest barrier to me considering them, and it is likely they'll be better in price/performance/power. As far as consumer level products are concerned, this is what I consider to be the real technological overtaking point. No AVX-512, but it isn't on Intel mainstream yet either, so Intel to me still has the edge there in HEDT space. I look forward to getting one to try, although it may or may not require further software optimisations to get the most out of it.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

15 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

This has led me to greatest innovation in computer technology since usb powered coffee mug warmer.

The NAF, network attached floppy, soon all your troubles moving that floppy to another device are gone.

It's still in development but so far it is: raspberry pi running openmediavault with usb floppy drive ?

floppy.png.95b86772b02b78326b6428f4f677cc3b.png

5 hours ago, seoz said:

I have my PC positioned under my desk

Image result for i found the problem

8 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

BUY BUY BUY... The more you buy the more you save!!! 

Um I don't think that's how it works? lol

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

2 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Yeah but when the world is ending and your life is flashing before your eyes..... How much of it do you want to not have Ray Tracing?

36 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

It is ... Jensen said so!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

9 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

TBH Tomerrs is the one I want to know. 

Jakkuh is running with two 1080s, a 1080 Ti, and a Titan X pascal

+ a 1080 ti + a 980 :P

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

3 minutes ago, jakkuh_t said:

AHH, tomerrs is still going to smash you though! ;)

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Ben Quigley said:

AHH, tomerrs is still going to smash you though! ;)

Just gotta ask Linus if i can throw 2 2080 Ti's in the running... lol

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

Just now, jakkuh_t said:

Please do. Also I hear you have a few quaddros laying about! (I know they are in use, I'm joking)

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, jakkuh_t said:

So what do the editor workstations do at night when everyone is home... pretty easy to set up folding to run when computer is asleep. lol

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

1 minute ago, jakkuh_t said:

4 minutes ago, jakkuh_t said:

Has LMG installed those solar panels on the office roof that Linus mentioned in his electric car video?

Or is everyone just taking turns cycling to meet your power needs? 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Top 20 was fun while it's lasted, but looks like I'll loose that spot by tomorrow's summary... too bad I sold my old GTX 970 or I would put that to work too!

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15