An actual Wish deal?

So I was scrolling through Wish 'cause I was bored when I stumbled across an interesting ad. If only I had the budget to inspect the offer in person, but it seems somewhat reasonable all things considered. Yes it is cheaper than you'd expect, but I'd like to think there's still something decent behind the offer. The link to the item is https://www.wish.com/product/5b93636cb973aa364ad14c99 and it includes a 15.6" 'FHD' display, an i7-7700HQ, a 1060 6gb, 8gb of memory and two storage devices; a 256gb SSD alongside a 1tb hard drive. Oh and it has RGB backlight for the keyboard ;) Thought it might make for an interesting video and if not then maybe someone here would just find it an amusing read :) 

Items you see on Wish usually/often end up being a scam.
It's also sold by "utilidadesparaforretas", which only has 3 reviews and sell anything from lifesized silicone sex doll to computers... I mean, really? Do you really trust that? I personally wouldn't trust what is essentially a sex shop with a computer.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Why would you want to buy anything from Wish?

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Regular price 6,000 Canadian dollars, seems legit. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Just get a dell e6500 and install win xp 

cheaper, more retro A E S T H E T I C, you can enjoy your favorite titles ( commander keen, serious sam, flash games, doom , doom 2, doom 3, sim city 2000, battlefield 1942 you name it.

Or you could go with a compaq armada running win 98 for extra A E S T H E T I C 

;)  

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

Ever wondered where they get that "normal" price? Its twice as much as local retailers pricing for laptop with similar specs new. And then "sale" price is something you would pay for much lower spec used. And why they even bother putting that normal price in there, if the thing isn't actually on sale.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

A jackpot lottery ticket for $2 is my dream deal. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 9/15/2018 at 10:49 PM, FalconGaming said:

So I was scrolling through Wish 'cause I was bored when I stumbled across an interesting ad. If only I had the budget to inspect the offer in person, but it seems somewhat reasonable all things considered. Yes it is cheaper than you'd expect, but I'd like to think there's still something decent behind the offer. The link to the item is https://www.wish.com/product/5b93636cb973aa364ad14c99 and it includes a 15.6" 'FHD' display, an i7-7700HQ, a 1060 6gb, 8gb of memory and two storage devices; a 256gb SSD alongside a 1tb hard drive. Oh and it has RGB backlight for the keyboard ;) Thought it might make for an interesting video and if not then maybe someone here would just find it an amusing read :) 

seems legit. no seriously tho, I know that a lot of time with these items you dont get exactly what they list but yoll get a worse version of it. So if you get luky you might get like a 660m which for $500, honestly isnt a bad price when paired with everything else, but you can probably find one made bade and with better aesthtics from ebay, and plus youll be supporting an honest seller.

Never heard of Wish. Also I don't like it when I have to sign up to view details about a product.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

On 9/20/2018 at 1:18 AM, MandoPanda said:

Never heard of Wish. Also I don't like it when I have to sign up to view details about a product.

yeah the site is 90% scam, don't waste your time with it

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.