airflow vs air balance vs air pressure

EnterClassroom

i want to change my cpu cooler cryorig h7 quad lumi with that picture,2 fan i'm using for exhaust and then the other one i pair on my cryorig

and my question are:

1. is it okay if i'm using fan with "airflow" types to my cpu cooler? or just change it with air balance fan?

2.does this fan fit with my cpu cooler? 

3. anyone already using this fan? give me some review please ;) 

thanks for your help :) 

61-ENbbHvLL._SX425_.jpg

Yes, any fan with standard 120mm mounting holes would work fine.

The Balance version should perform better than the Airflow but both are probably slight downgrades from the original fan due to the lower rpm and non-square frame. If you want to use Masterfan Pros, the Pressure variant would probably be better due to the higher rpm.

https://www.hardwareasylum.com/reviews/cooling/cm_masterfan-120/page3.aspx

http://thermalbench.com/2016/09/06/cooler-master-masterfan-pro-120-air-balance/3/

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, any fan with standard 120mm mounting holes would work fine.

The Balance version should perform better than the Airflow but both are probably slight downgrades from the original fan due to the lower rpm and non-square frame. If you want to use Masterfan Pros, the Pressure variant would probably be better due to the higher rpm.

https://www.hardwareasylum.com/reviews/cooling/cm_masterfan-120/page3.aspx

http://thermalbench.com/2016/09/06/cooler-master-masterfan-pro-120-air-balance/3/

im really sorry that picture was air balance, and is it okay if i use air pressure fan at my exhaust? i'm using at my rear and upper side, i take that airflow fan bcs i 've do research airflow fan will good if that fan place at exhaust

(sorry for my bad english btw)

anyone know which fan will best for my exhaust? at rear and top case

1.cooler master masterfan pro 120mm 3 in 1 air flow

2.cooler master masterfan pro 120mm 3 in 1 air balance

3.cooler master masterfan pro 120mm 3 in 1 air pressure

at the front, im using noctua ippc 2x140mm fan

thanks for your help

I always think you should make sure your only input comes through the filtered parts of the case (assuming you have case filters). This means positive pressure. This means I think you should add the combined flow rates of the Noctua fans and make sure your choice has a little less flow rate on the total exhaust.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Any one will work fine tbh.

Maybe not airflow if there is a radiator on the back.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

57 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Any one will work fine tbh.

Maybe not airflow if there is a radiator on the back.

Ok thank for your help bro

3 hours ago, keskparane said:

I always think you should make sure your only input comes through the filtered parts of the case (assuming you have case filters). This means positive pressure. This means I think you should add the combined flow rates of the Noctua fans and make sure your choice has a little less flow rate on the total exhaust.

So can i go to airflow? Bcs it have lower rpm? Am i right??

5 hours ago, EnterClassroom said:

im really sorry that picture was air balance, and is it okay if i use air pressure fan at my exhaust? i'm using at my rear and upper side, i take that airflow fan bcs i 've do research airflow fan will good if that fan place at exhaust

(sorry for my bad english btw)

What are your specs?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

24 minutes ago, EnterClassroom said:

So can i go to airflow? Bcs it have lower rpm? Am i right??

RPM is not indicative of airflow because fan blades can have different area & pitch.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

39 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What are your specs?

i5 8400 gtx 1060 6gb,cpu cooler: cryorig h7 quad lumi

30 minutes ago, keskparane said:

RPM is not indicative of airflow because fan blades can have different area & pitch.

ahhh i see, thanks a lot bro

7 hours ago, EnterClassroom said:

i5 8400 gtx 1060 6gb,cpu cooler: cryorig h7 quad lumi

What case? Depending on the mesh used, which is most appropriate may vary.

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What case? Depending on the mesh used, which is most appropriate may vary.

Cooler master k500 rgb

5 hours ago, EnterClassroom said:

Cooler master k500 rgb

That's a very loose mesh at the rear. Go with the Airflow. 

9 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

That's a very loose mesh at the rear. Go with the Airflow. 

why not air pressure bro?

is RPM really matter on front mesh panel??

if i go to airflow, which noctua's fan will fit? and then 3x12cm or 2x14cm fan?

thankyou

9 hours ago, EnterClassroom said:

why not air pressure bro?

is RPM really matter on front mesh panel??

if i go to airflow, which noctua's fan will fit? and then 3x12cm or 2x14cm fan?

thankyou

Static pressure is useful for getting past obstructions. All fans have a certain amount of static pressure and airflow. Designs that optimize for one often sacrifice the other. The optimal fan has enough static pressure and as much airflow as possible. Since the mesh at the rear is pretty open, the fan wouldn't need as much static pressure and airflow can be prioritized. 

RPM always matters and performance scales with it. I was referring to the rear mesh though. A fan at the top probably wouldn't help much. The front panel is tighter but isn't as close to the fans so balanced fans would be a good fit and supports either 120mm / 140mm fans. Fan sizes are standardized and Noctua uses the same standards so they would fit. NF-A14's would perform well. 

Why are you getting new fans? The case comes with 3 which is plenty for most systems. 

23 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Static pressure is useful for getting past obstructions. All fans have a certain amount of static pressure and airflow. Designs that optimize for one often sacrifice the other. The optimal fan has enough static pressure and as much airflow as possible. Since the mesh at the rear is pretty open, the fan wouldn't need as much static pressure and airflow can be prioritized. 

RPM always matters and performance scales with it. I was referring to the rear mesh though. A fan at the top probably wouldn't help much. The front panel is tighter but isn't as close to the fans so balanced fans would be a good fit and supports either 120mm / 140mm fans. Fan sizes are standardized and Noctua uses the same standards so they would fit. NF-A14's would perform well. 

Why are you getting new fans? The case comes with 3 which is plenty for most systems. 

if that no obstructions will air pressure fan will be more better to make airflow? IMO, bcs its not covered by obstacles (correct me if im wrong)

yeah i know this case include 3 fan but i think this fan will be very slow, i already buy master fan pro airflow 12 cm for my exhaust (rear fan and top fan)

so i need better fan for my intake (front fan), and then you really NF-A14 will be good? or just go with NF-F14??

(sorry bro i know my english very bad)

23 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

omg im sorry theres no NF-F14 

On 9/14/2018 at 8:50 AM, EnterClassroom said:

if that no obstructions will air pressure fan will be more better to make airflow?

i already buy master fan pro airflow so i need better fan for my intake

The importance of static pressure increases with the amount of obstruction. 

The stock intake fans are fine already. If you want to maintain positive airflow, just run your intakes at a higher rpm than your exhausts.

56 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The importance of static pressure increases with the amount of obstruction. 

The stock intake fans are fine already. If you want to maintain positive airflow, just run your intakes at a higher rpm than your exhausts.

so noctua a-14 will fit on my needs if i do that fan as front intake?

and then my cryorig h7 quad lumi's fan i want to change it with my 1 cooler master masterfan pro airflow, is it good??

46 minutes ago, EnterClassroom said:

so noctua a-14 will fit on my needs if i do that fan as front intake?

and then my cryorig h7 quad lumi's fan i want to change it with my 1 cooler master masterfan pro airflow, is it good??

Yes, the NF-A14 works well but it probably won't improve performance much unless the original fans were inadequate to begin with.

You can see an example of what I mean here: 

You already asked the question about the H7QL at the beginning of the thread. Replacing the original fan with the MasterFan Pro Airflow would probably result in worse performance.

28 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, the NF-A14 works well but it probably won't improve performance much unless the original fans were inadequate to begin with.

You can see an example of what I mean here: 

You already asked the question about the H7QL at the beginning of the thread. Replacing the original fan with the MasterFan Pro Airflow would probably result in worse performance.

ok thanks for your help bro ;)