my hdd connectors are gonne

ilyas001

hi guys

first of all let me explain how i got here

ever since i bought my pc a mistake was made by one of the company pc builders they badly placed the hdd and because of that the sata cable kept disconnecting from hdd connectors and so i had to open the case and play with it a little before it goes back to normal . but while doing that for more than a year i finished by breaking the plastic holding the connectors together . now it's inside the sata cable

but i didn't stop there . i tried to directly reconnect the pins inside the sata and it did work once twice and now it just refuses whatever i do . and idiot as i'm i had a genius idea to use glue .now it's stuck together and there is nothing i can do

i was hoping if i can get the connectors from another hdd and stick them there . i need a solution . i have important stuff in the hdd .

thanks guys

You could probably get a SATA port from somewhere like a dead drive or the internet and then solder it onto the drive you're using now. Besides that, I'm not sure of any other things you could try.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

If it's actually important send it to a data recovery service before you screw it up even more.

It's likely already dead from some pins shorting.

So buy a new drive.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

13 minutes ago, Enderman said:

If it's actually important send it to a data recovery service before you screw it up even more.

It's likely already dead from some pins shorting.

So buy a new drive.

we don't have such service here in my country . the data that i have is important enough to make me try anything to save it . but not important enough to lose a lot of money for it  . i was told that if i find the same hdd . they could take off the motherboard with the connectors and place it on my hdd . i would like to know if i can just take off the connectors only without the motherboard of the hdd . then put them into mine .is that possible or doable ?

1 minute ago, ilyas001 said:

we don't have such service here in my country . the data that i have is important enough to make me try anything to save it . but not important enough to lose a lot of money for it  . i was told that if i find the same hdd . they could take off the motherboard with the connectors and place it on my hdd . i would like to know if i can just take off the connectors only without the motherboard of the hdd . then put them into mine .is that possible or doable ?

Drivesavers and other recovery companies take orders internationally.

It will only be a few hundred or thousand dollars to recover.

If you're good at soldering then maybe you can remove the connector off of one drive and put it on yours.

If you've fried something on the circuit board though then you would need to replace the entire PCB.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020