GTA V PC, multiple sources point to March

UnderADyingSun

I'll let you do your own scouring if you don't believe me. 

The most credible source being Amazon, both specified in a former listing as well as through chat support from some very awesome people on the other end. They've been hit or miss on alot of things, but they've a history of accurately revealing launch dates. 

Whet your appetites, because this game will RUIN YOU in the sense that you will forever regard it as a comparison point by which to judge all future games...not just of the third person sandbox variety. And in your judgements you will realize how inadequate so many other games are. This is a definitive experience, it is completely awe inspiring in all regards, and will keep you endlessly entertained in both its online and offline components. 

To make my point, I counted the minutes of everday leading up to its initial release ( two very painful years, worse than waiting for skyrim/man of steel ). I bought a collectors edition ( 160$ ) and a limited edition strategy guide ( 35$ ) and would happily spend the exact same amount again. 

If you're not excited, you need to be. If you're ignorant to most aspects of this iteration, wake the **** up. I could carry on tirelessly, specifically but this post would undoubtedly turn into a tldr segment. Adding, a half year to port is a reasonable time frame and it's fast approaching. Thus, March

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Honeslty, they fucked up. The hype is gone now. I'm not looking to buy it.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

right now I'm kinda like cool... I'll buy it in summer xD don't want to mess up my grades, but only if I can get it for ~30 €

Pretty much no ones gonna buy it until lit goes on sale, if you really wanted it you would have gotten it by not

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Honeslty, they fucked up. The hype is gone now. I'm not looking to buy it.

Have you played the game? Probably not. 

The game lived up to the publicity, and has routinely gotten perfect scores. The game is worthy of all the attention it's received. Granted, I remember feeling the same way about bioshock infinite when they kept delaying the crap out of it. But in the end, it was worth the wait. 

You may be disinterested now, but i promise you a healthy portion of PC gamers ( if not almost all ) will be playing it, your friends included. Upon hearing their obligatory praise you'll probs be pressured into buying it. I hope. If not, I feel kind of bad for you. 

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Personally, I would only buy it once there are fun mods to try.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

can't wait, though I'll buy it once it's on sale, I can't afford it at the moment, or maybe I'll trade someone my complete collection of past GTA's starting from 3 all the way to episodes... we'll see.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

linus is on this thread...

indeed he is

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

fingers crossed for some epic mods

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

exactly.. only way for rockstar to make up for this is to make it mod friendly just like skyrim was. then i won't care for the 6 month delay

Personally, I would only buy it once there are fun mods to try.

can't wait, though I'll buy it once it's on sale, I can't afford it at the moment, or maybe I'll trade someone my complete collection of past GTA's starting from 3 all the way to episodes... we'll see.

exactly.. only way for rockstar to make up for this is to make it mod friendly just like skyrim was. then i won't care for the 6 month delay

I would say, you'll want for nothing for atleast 200hours worth of gameplay. The game is riddled with epic, you don't need mods as the graphics are phenomenal and the game is so meticulously crafted you'd think no one short of a meth'd up ( actually a mission in online :P ) genius had any hand in development. 

There are soo many things to do, both sanctioned and off the beaten path. You're also give a host of vehicles beyond just cars and you can own a great deal of them. From calling in mercenaries to attack random players to trolling with a tow truck, or even just hanging out in your apartment with friends getting high (in game, or irl lol ) and watching cartoons there is very little to be added by way of mods to make the experience any more engrossing. Trust me, if you wait for added community features you'll be left unwittingly wanting. You'll realize this when you finally get around to buying the game. It's like college, 40 year olds wish they'd done it sooner haha. 

@ Cryptonite, certainly the game to save for. If your finances dictate otherwise then yea. I wouldn't hold your breath for any timely sales though. 

Pretty much no ones gonna buy it until lit goes on sale, if you really wanted it you would have gotten it by not

I guarantee it will be top seller on Steam for weeks when it releases. The feeling of hype has died down but when it comes out everyone will be like "oh there's that game, fuck yea"

I'm still excited to get my hands on it.

I would say, you'll want for nothing for atleast 200hours worth of gameplay. The game is riddled with epic, you don't need mods as the graphics are phenomenal and the game is so meticulously crafted you'd think no one short of a meth'd up ( actually a mission in online :P ) genius had any hand in development. 

There are soo many things to do, both sanctioned and off the beaten path. You're also give a host of vehicles beyond just cars and you can own a great deal of them. From calling in mercenaries to attack random players to trolling with a tow truck, or even just hanging out in your apartment with friends getting high (in game, or irl lol ) and watching cartoons there is very little to be added by way of mods to make the experience any more engrossing. Trust me, if you wait for added community features you'll be left unwittingly wanting. You'll realize this when you finally get around to buying the game. It's like college, 40 year olds wish they'd done it sooner haha. 

@ Cryptonite, certainly the game to save for. If your finances dictate otherwise then yea. I wouldn't hold your breath for any timely sales though. 

then I'll make due with the xbox version I already own for now hahaha

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

There will be plenty of sales. 

My prediction is that they're making a version that can be deployed on both of the new consoles and the PC, since they're all running x86/DirectX. There's no logical reason they wouldn't be doing that, so expect it to come.

Have you played the game? Probably not. 

The game lived up to the publicity, and has routinely gotten perfect scores. The game is worthy of all the attention it's received. Granted, I remember feeling the same way about bioshock infinite when they kept delaying the crap out of it. But in the end, it was worth the wait. 

You may be disinterested now, but i promise you a healthy portion of PC gamers ( if not almost all ) will be playing it, your friends included. Upon hearing their obligatory praise you'll probs be pressured into buying it. I hope. If not, I feel kind of bad for you.

I personally have played it, the single player was fun. story was for a single playthrough, but the lack of cheat codes, glitches, and the overall fun factor of the game is gone when you're by yourself. Singleplayer is an eyesore now since there is literally nothing to do other than pick fights with cops and steal jets.

Multiplayer is going that way as well on both consoles. It was fun at first, but now it's plagued with hacking, cheating and overall douchebaggery. The multiplayer is extremely limited on what you can do(deathmatch and racing, etc.), so unless you have a lot of friends and an imagination, or watch Roosterteeth's videos, you're going to get bored rather quickly. Also it doesn't help that the game performs terribly on both platforms and it doesn't help that everything Rockstar promised up from the beginning for multiplayer STILL ISN"T IN MULTIPLAYER! WHERE'S MY HEISTS DAMMIT!?

The PC version is taking way to long to be announced, let alone be released. Unless Rockstar gives us(PC gamers), full range to;

1. Mod the game

2. Host our own servers

3. No 3rd-party DRM

Then the game will fall flat and no one will play it for more than a month, let alone buy it.

I'll let you do your own scouring if you don't believe me.

Is it really such a surprise?!

GTA III - 211 days

October 22, 2001 for PS 2

May 21st 2002 for PC

GTA Vice City - 200 days

October 27, 2002 for PS 2

May 15th 2003 for PC

GTA San Andreas - 224 days

October 26, 2004 for PS2

June 7th 2005 for PC

GTA IV - 218 days

April 29th 2008 for PS3

December 3th 2008 for PC

GTA V - ??? 213 days ???

September 17th 2013 for PS3

April 4th 2014 for PC

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

You sound like you need to play more games, sure GTA V is good I've seen enough video's to know that but you seriously need to tone your praise down a bit because it's pretty unrealistic.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

There will be plenty of sales. 

My prediction is that they're making a version that can be deployed on both of the new consoles and the PC, since they're all running x86/DirectX. There's no logical reason they wouldn't be doing that, so expect it to come.

Another rational thought to support the idea of a soon to be release, they're clearly on their way to a first major dlc release. Likely to fall within the first year and certain to come AFTER a complete release for all systems. 

I personally have played it, the single player was fun. story was for a single playthrough, but the lack of cheat codes, glitches, and the overall fun factor of the game is gone when you're by yourself. Singleplayer is an eyesore now since there is literally nothing to do other than pick fights with cops and steal jets.

Multiplayer is going that way as well on both consoles. It was fun at first, but now it's plagued with hacking, cheating and overall douchebaggery. The multiplayer is extremely limited on what you can do(deathmatch and racing, etc.), so unless you have a lot of friends and an imagination, or watch Roosterteeth's videos, you're going to get bored rather quickly. Also it doesn't help that the game performs terribly on both platforms and it doesn't help that everything Rockstar promised up from the beginning for multiplayer STILL ISN"T IN MULTIPLAYER! WHERE'S MY HEISTS DAMMIT!?

The PC version is taking way to long to be announced, let alone be released. Unless Rockstar gives us(PC gamers), full range to;

1. Mod the game

2. Host our own servers

3. No 3rd-party DRM

Then the game will fall flat and no one will play it for more than a month, let alone buy it.

Singleplayer with aims to 100% completion should take the greater part of 75 super satisfying hours atleast. I'll admit, there are a few features from GTA 4 that could've been added to the equation ( like billiards, arcade games etc..) but it still stands as being complete, and completely wonderful. Natural your impression of a game will start to wear, it took me a while to reach that point and still hadn't tired of the sp experience in the two week course it took to wait for GTA O.

As for multiplayer, well I do need to address the fact that you played alone. That's CRAZY! You should join a crew. Playing any game with friends infinitely increases its value. Doing things like four wheeling in the swamps with the ratloader and canis mesa or taking a friend up with the cargo bob in his tank and dropping him into the altruist camp to nuke all the naked old cannibals. Calling a hooker to your house and having all your friends do the jerk off motion on to her while you take an all encompassing selfie. Group trolling in entities or piling all your buds into the buzzard while using rpg's and abusing the gunner position. Group surfing under the ocean with subs or group 4 wheeling your way up to old mans crack and driving off. Sorry, I think you get my point. Beyond all the imaginative things you can do there are a retarded amount of missions. Granted, not all of them are fulfilling but some are amazing and just outright creative as hell. You're also offered a full host of adversarial modes, from off the cuff deathmatches in the open world, to jets only or jets vs drug running dirtbikes...theres alot there. Ignoring land, sea, air races ( which do have deathmatch features ) simple things like group skydiving can be fun too. 

I'll admit heists are OVERDUE and I built my pc just before people started doing hacked lobbies, but I would further go on to note that there are tons of glitches in the game to abuse and enjoy. Before beachbum I had the cargobob, buzzard, tank, f16 ( lazer ), police riot vehicle in my garage, all insured ( and if you're wondering, yes my garage was mostly a hot mess of swirling metal fragments, thank god for the mechanic haha ). There was plenty of out of the map stuff too. But I have to add that by the time you rank up fully and explore all the ownership and customization options I still feel that the experience is worthwhile. It sucks, it's a whole bunch of a good thing but not enough of it. I think we just need to bide our time, and it will definitely be easier with the upcoming releases of so many cool titles. 

1. Formal Mod support isn't completely necessary, and they've already given the community alot of options to do custom things. It'd be nice, but wouldn't be dealbreaking. Plus, to allow this would create stupid imbalances and headaches in multiplayer leading to...

2. Yes, private servers, hopefully. Maybe in those instances modding could be allowed. 

3. Who would the third party be? Rockstar? If so, great. They've spent millions and years of development developing the game, furthermore in attempts to bring it to a platform that has innate tendencies towards piracy. GFWL is out of the equation, so that's good haha ( for some, still will miss achievements tied to my xbl account )

I know I'm being awefully supportive of the game, but despite the weariness that comes from hackers ( i use that term loosely when applied to console ) or fatigue I still think it warrants a day one purchase for every PC gamer out there. Gains far outweigh the costs. Thanks for the reply

Meh, OP is overrating this overhyped as f*ck game. Have it on PS3 and I can say the story was good and enjoyable(but Michael's constant complaining about his life was getting way too annoying and Franklin was just a boring character to me). One of the worst MP launches ever and once I actually got to play MP it was just people killing you over and over again, which I gotta say improved but the MP still feels boring to me. SP also gets very boring once you beat it and yes I did all the strangers and freaks and the races and stuff like that(man R* I hate you for the 3rd marathon race, that was some of the most tiring button mashing I have ever dealt with). All in all this game was waaay to overhyped and I overhyped it like an idiot and the game definitely does NOT live up to the hype for me. GTA SA still remains the best GTA game ever.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

GTA 4 was also given almost flawless scores, and we don't look back on it as a true classic anymore. Aside from its technical flaws, 4 actually had a compelling story, along with characters for whom you felt compassion. From what I've read, 5's story and characters are its weaker points. 

Nevertheless, I'm planning on buying a PS3 just to play it (along with Last of Us). 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Well, I'm still hoping they gona optimize it like they did for Max Payne 3

Filthy consoles

4690k==H105==Z97 Sniper G1== Ballistix Tracer 8GB==MSI GTX 1660 Ti== 1TB SB==MX100 128GB ==450D