Left Handed Gaming Options

paul88ks

Hey Guys, I am looking for an alternative to WASD for gaming. I just cannot use WASD unless I slide my keyboard all the way to the right. Doing this also prevents me from using other keyboard keys and shortcuts. I've watched a couple of YouTube videos about this,but none to my satisfaction. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I use my left hand for the mouse even though it is a "right-handed" mouse. I need a solution for the keyboard! HELP!

Remap the WASD keys to something else on the keyboard. You can do this in the settings of most games by opening the menu, going to settings, and going to Controls or Key Bindings.

Alternatively just use a controller/gamepad (Xbox controllers work great) to play games if using a Mouse+Keyboard is an issue for you.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Adapt. A few days of adjustment vs. never having to give a fuck about it ever again, and being able to use any PC or game pretty much out-of-the-box. WASD works so well because it puts a bunch of big, cushy, rollover-irrelevant modifier keys at easy reach, and allows you to find 'home' by just feeling the edge of the keyboard (provided you don't have one of those ridiculous Logitech keyboards with a column of "G keys"). PL;' doesn't work anywhere near as well, due to the key alignment, not being able to anchor yourself to an edge, and due to there being a lot more variability in how this side of a keyboard is laid out.

I wish relearning to write right-handed were even half as easy...

I've watched a few YouTube videos about remapping the keys,but it is my understanding that,that has to be done for each game,everytime you play it. I may just try a Game Controller as Spotty suggested. Being left- handed has it's advantages,but not in a 90% right-handed world-