Do you meet 100% of recommended daily intake?

MyName13

Whatever food combinations I make up it seems that meeting even 80% of RDI is impossible without consuming over 2000 calories (which is a huge problem for those who don't need much energy).What does your menu look like?

High calorie snacks with low calorie meals :P

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

8 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

High calorie snacks with low calorie meals :P

For example?Maybe (pumpkin) seeds with vegetables?

2 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

For example?Maybe (pumpkin) seeds with vegetables?

Usually start with some nuts bars as breakfast, around 10 am i'll have a sandwich with Chickenfilet.

Afternoon a salad with an egg and as diner Rice with steamed vegetables and if i'm in the mood home marinaded  chicken. 

52 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

Usually start with some nuts bars as breakfast, around 10 am i'll have a sandwich with Chickenfilet.

Afternoon a salad with an egg and as diner Rice with steamed vegetables and if i'm in the mood home marinaded  chicken. 

You can meet 100% (or close) of RDI with that?

Just now, MyName13 said:

You can meet 100% (or close) of RDI with that?

not really, i would need to add some fruits to get the mineral and vitamins needed for that.

6 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

not really, i would need to add some fruits to get the mineral and vitamins needed for that.

Fruits don't have that many micronutrients (unless you eat kilograms of it xD).

1 minute ago, MyName13 said:

Fruits don't have that many micronutrients (unless you eat kilograms of it xD).

With my allergies that would be suicide xD

17 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

With my allergies that would be suicide xD

If you're allergic to fruit then wouldn't even small amounts be as harmful as big amounts?

RDI is just a guideline and I think they overshoot the guideline so that people meet the real requirement. 

If you just eat healthy and you feel good in general then there's no need to worry about it. 

That's an F in the profile pic

I meet 100% of recommended daily intake.......

Of pizza

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I just eat whatever I want to eat and give no second thought to the "recommended daily intake".

But I still try to keep under 2500 cal per day. (Really not that hard)

Our ancestors didn't give a damn about nutritional value of their food and they lived just fine to the ripe old age of 40, so I see no issue with eating whatever I want.

Most food these days contain extra vitamins, minerals and what not, exactly because they know we won't be eating extra shit that we don't want to eat.

Eating "healthy" cost a LOT of money. I'd rather eat badly and be able to afford a new gaming PC soon, than to shovel all my money into unusable manure for "nutrition" big food companies decided we needed.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I don't really think about hitting 100%.  When I remember I take a multivitamin.  On weekends I do a good job of hitting 100% RDI of pizza and whiskey.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 hour ago, MyName13 said:

If you're allergic to fruit then wouldn't even small amounts be as harmful as big amounts?

depends on what kind,  my body sees it as poison and tries to eradicate it but an overdose creates an anaflictic shock or emergency shut down of vital organs in order to protect itself... which means i die because my body stops functioning.

it also depends on the severity of the reaction per fruit.

nah I just eat whatever I can find and never get fat so I guess I'm doing it right

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

5 hours ago, aezakmi said:

nah I just eat whatever I can find and never get fat so I guess I'm doing it right

Please explain the method behind your madness

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

19 hours ago, Froody129 said:

RDI is just a guideline and I think they overshoot the guideline so that people meet the real requirement. 

If you just eat healthy and you feel good in general then there's no need to worry about it. 

I saw somewhere that RDI is actually a MINIMUM (wtf? O.o) required to avoid any diseases.As someone who has only recently started to care a little bit about diet, that can't be true.Meeting RDI for B vitamins is pretty difficult unless you have dietary yeast.

19 hours ago, TetraSky said:

I just eat whatever I want to eat and give no second thought to the "recommended daily intake".

But I still try to keep under 2500 cal per day. (Really not that hard)

Our ancestors didn't give a damn about nutritional value of their food and they lived just fine to the ripe old age of 40, so I see no issue with eating whatever I want.

Most food these days contain extra vitamins, minerals and what not, exactly because they know we won't be eating extra shit that we don't want to eat.

Eating "healthy" cost a LOT of money. I'd rather eat badly and be able to afford a new gaming PC soon, than to shovel all my money into unusable manure for "nutrition" big food companies decided we needed.

40 years is pretty short, don't you think?

About the 2nd part, I don't think it's done in my country, salt is iodized, some milk (I believe just 1 brand on my market) contains added vitamin D, everything else most likely doesn't contain any extra micronutrients.What really doesn't make any sense is how artificially enriched food is recommended while supplements aren't :/

21 hours ago, Froody129 said:

It's actually the other way around.

The recommended dietary allowance is the minimum required for most healthy people to not get a deficiency in some area.

It is estimated to cover the minimum needs of about 97% of the population. Which means that even if you do eat exactly 100% of the recommended allowance, you're still at a ~3% risk of deficiency.

Vitamin D for example has an Upper intake level (UL) of 100 mcg for teens and adults, but the RDA is a mere 15 mc.

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

It's actually the other way around.

The recommended dietary allowance is the minimum required for most healthy people to not get a deficiency in some area.

It is estimated to cover the minimum needs of about 97% of the population. Which means that even if you do eat exactly 100% of the recommended allowance, you're still at a ~3% risk of deficiency.

Vitamin D for example has an Upper intake level (UL) of 100 mcg for teens and adults, but the RDA is a mere 15 mc.

Odd, but interesting. I think it differs so much from person to person anyway that you should just eat to feel good and healthy. Worrying about the numbers is gonna make all the "benefits" worthless anyway :P 

That's an F in the profile pic

Hell no, I don't measure it. I know I exceed RDA for vitamin C cause I love me some orange juice and possibly protein and amino acids (2 shakes a day plus meals) but that's about it.