i'll never buy anything from NVIDIA ever again, they don't respect customers and don't deserve our money

Guys, i`ve paid a lot of money on a Nvidia Titan Xp Collector's Edition Galactic Empire on Amazon, and after a month the card started to behave in a really strange way, the displayport started to fail, sometimes i had to restart a few times before showing any image. Couple days later, it was getting worse, and finally it stopped working on this week, i had to take it out of my computer or else my PC wasn't even POSTing. So, i`ve paid US$ 1499,99 on this card, and now it has no use, and i need it to work, all my hard earned money was invested on this card, and now it is only a  paper weight.

Look what NVIDIA answer me:
Staff Account Derek via Email 07/13/2018 02:48 PM
Hi,
Your support request was escalated to me for further review. After reading through the history I don't think I am going to be able to help you here.

The warranty on these GPUs is not transferable and it looks like the purchase was made from a reseller on the Amazon website.  The warranty is only valid for the original purchaser of the GPU.

NVCC-

Staff Account Derek via Email 07/13/2018 04:35 PM
Sorry, but this doesn't change anything. I cannot replace the GPU.

NVCC-

Man i think they are not helping me at all, are your guys aware of this? Are you guys aware that you are responsible for this hardware, and you sold me a broken card and now you guys are just running away from your responsibility and giving me the worst problem i have ever had in my life with a tech company ? I hope your families are ok, cause mine will suffer, since i can't work anymore, and i have no idea how i`ll recovery from this, this is  unacceptable , you guys don't respect anyone, i hope AMD bury your company of scammers in the most deep hole possible, cause you don't deserve anything from us, after this, i don't care if you have faster cards, i'll never give my money again for a company that have this kind of behavior, that look like a scammer and a thief.

Well did you buy the card used/from a previous owner?

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Who was the seller on Amazon that you bought from?

If it wasn't the manufacturer itself, you are SOL

And same would have happened if you bought anything else from other brands...

Yeah, pretty much this. If you're not buying from an authorized reseller you're likely buying a card that would be considered used. In the world of computer retail, sometimes these unauthorized resellers don't obtain the cards legally or they misrepresent what they're selling (flash firmware to make the card look like a better card or even just stuff a lesser card in a nicer box with better stickers).

Who on Amazon did you buy from if it's not Amazon themselves?

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

16 minutes ago, mrbladebrownjr said:

I hope your families are ok, cause mine will suffer, since i can't work anymore, and i have no idea how i`ll recovery from this, this is  unacceptable , you guys don't respect anyone, i hope AMD bury your company of scammers in the most deep hole possible, cause you don't deserve anything from us, after this, i don't care if you have faster cards, i'll never give my money again for a company that have this kind of behavior, that look like a scammer and a thief.

This part is simply not needed at all.

19 minutes ago, mrbladebrownjr said:

Guys, i`ve paid a lot of money on a Nvidia Titan Xp Collector's Edition Galactic Empire on Amazon, and after a month the card started to behave in a really strange way, the displayport started to fail, sometimes i had to restart a few times before showing any image. Couple days later, it was getting worse, and finally it stopped working on this week, i had to take it out of my computer or else my PC wasn't even POSTing. So, i`ve paid US$ 1499,99 on this card, and now it has no use, and i need it to work, all my hard earned money was invested on this card, and now it is only a  paper weight.

Look what NVIDIA answer me:
Staff Account Derek via Email 07/13/2018 02:48 PM
Hi,
Your support request was escalated to me for further review. After reading through the history I don't think I am going to be able to help you here.

The warranty on these GPUs is not transferable and it looks like the purchase was made from a reseller on the Amazon website.  The warranty is only valid for the original purchaser of the GPU.

NVCC-

Staff Account Derek via Email 07/13/2018 04:35 PM
Sorry, but this doesn't change anything. I cannot replace the GPU.

NVCC-

Man i think they are not helping me at all, are your guys aware of this? Are you guys aware that you are responsible for this hardware, and you sold me a broken card and now you guys are just running away from your responsibility and giving me the worst problem i have ever had in my life with a tech company ? I hope your families are ok, cause mine will suffer, since i can't work anymore, and i have no idea how i`ll recovery from this, this is  unacceptable , you guys don't respect anyone, i hope AMD bury your company of scammers in the most deep hole possible, cause you don't deserve anything from us, after this, i don't care if you have faster cards, i'll never give my money again for a company that have this kind of behavior, that look like a scammer and a thief.

This makes me so mad, not because nvidia is being a fag its because he doesn't understand what is going on here. Its not nvidias responsibility if a third party seller sells you a titan xp thats defective its the third party sellers fault not nvidia's. Get the guy who sold you the card and ask for a refund if he refuses file a claim. Bam done! Not nvidia's fault the guy who sold it aka the third party seller thats why i hate amazon and if i purchase anything from there i double check there background. It doesn't matter if you got the card used or sold and for everyones notice YES he did get the card from a third party seller.

4 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

This part is simply not needed at all.

I looked up this guy's username and he's spamming everywhere. His only history older than this post is on reddit and it's from a long time ago. He's had posts identical to this removed from some subreddits due to breaking the rules and the one I spotted where it remains had similar responses.

Welcome to the Internet, bro. Tread carefully and make smart decisions.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

Let me rephrase that because i think i was being harsh. It's not nvidias fault its the guy that sold you the card, ask for a refund if he refuses file a claim for false advertising and fraud and you will get your money back. Nvidia is a good company when it comes to there hardware. 

GilmourD thank you

28 minutes ago, mrbladebrownjr said:

Nvidia Titan Xp Collector's Edition Galactic Empire

28 minutes ago, mrbladebrownjr said:

all my hard earned money was invested on this card

:dry:

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

I looked up this guy's username and he's spamming everywhere. His only history older than this post is on reddit and it's from a long time ago. He's had posts identical to this removed from some subreddits due to breaking the rules and the one I spotted where it remains had similar responses.

Done the same thing just now... You're right.

Looks like some is pretty bored and does not know what to do...

3 minutes ago, UncleTHICC said:

Let me rephrase that because i think i was being harsh. It's not nvidias fault its the guy that sold you the card, ask for a refund if he refuses file a claim for false advertising and fraud and you will get your money back. Nvidia is a good company when it comes to there hardware. 

How is it false advertising or fraud, though, unless the seller specifically offered warranty?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

No, this one:

32 minutes ago, mrbladebrownjr said:

i have no idea how i`ll recovery from this

13 minutes ago, GilmourD said:

And you know what, I think he is making a fake claim as well. 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

@WereCatf its false advertising because the guy advertised the graphics card as working not broken.

3 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Any you know what, I think he is making a fake claim as well. 

Might as well be true. Otherwise he could have contacted the seller/Amazon.

2 minutes ago, UncleTHICC said:

@WereCatf its false advertising because the guy advertised the graphics card as working not broken.

To be honest I think this situation as a whole is false.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

5 minutes ago, UncleTHICC said:

According to the OP the card DID work. The seller is not responsible for it breaking sometime after the sale, unless the seller has promised longer warranty.

43 minutes ago, mrbladebrownjr said:

*snip*

I hope your families are ok, cause mine will suffer, since i can't work anymore, and i have no idea how i`ll recovery from this,

*snip*

Wait...you...what?? You paid $1,500 for a card that is not only like 6 months old, but retailed for less than $1,200 at the time it was available...but I get it... people pay what they pay for collector's items...it is a totally different market, I realize that... What kills me is the fact that someone that can't work anymore and seemingly strapped for cash dropped $1,500 on a GPU and is now saying that his family is going to suffer???????

WTF did I miss something?

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

gtx 1080 ti in sli would out preform a single titan xp in most tasks no?

4 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Might as well be true

If he's spamming it on Reddit as well then he's trying to make a false claim for whatever reason, for all we know he could be an AMD fanboy. 

زندگی از چراغ

4 minutes ago, Razor Blade said:

Wait...you...what?? You paid $1,500 for a card that is not only like 6 months old, but retailed for less than $1,200 at the time it was available...but I get it... people pay what they pay for collector's items...it is a totally different market, I realize that... What kills me is the fact that someone that can't work anymore and seemingly strapped for cash dropped $1,500 on a GPU and is now saying that his family is going to suffer???????

WTF did I miss something?

Yeah this bit of the OP's post didn't add up at all, making this claim all too much fake in my opinion.

زندگی از چراغ

>account less than an hour old.

>hasn't responded to thread.

>shitposting the same garbage on other sites.

>posts have either been deleted or account has been deleted.

Didn't even try/10.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Almost certainly a shitpost. Does anyone else feel like the forum's spam filter isn't up to scratch lately?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

17 minutes ago, UncleTHICC said:

gtx 1080 ti in sli would out preform a single titan xp in most tasks no?

A single 1080ti is only 5% worse...