Why is EVERYONE buying this $200 Phone??

Are you sure that's the best $200 phone? Honor 7X my dudes

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

12 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Are you sure that's the best $200 phone? Honor 7X my dudes

Moto G for life.

At 3:00, I'm assuming it's supposed to say S5, and not S9. Also, the Oneplus X launched that year for $250. A bit more than the Moto E, but it should be considered a budget phone, imo.

:)

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

okay, point made. so is this a series now or something? 

More or less yeah. It's just a more interesting way to say "reviewing one of the top phones on Amazon/Gearbest/etc." since there are a LOT of people buying these products, and our goal is to find out "why."

I get that it's an annoying title structure, but it's not what I would call "clickbait."

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

More or less yeah. It's just a more interesting way to say "reviewing one of the top phones on Amazon/Gearbest/etc." since there are a LOT of people buying these products, and our goal is to find out "why."

I get that it's an annoying title structure, but it's not what I would call "clickbait."

hey, if it gets the clicks and the ad revenue rolling so you guys keep pushing my sub box full of content, i won' t be complaining. just silently cringing once in a while;)

4 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

hey, if it gets the clicks and the ad revenue rolling so you guys keep pushing my sub box full of content, i won' t be complaining. just silently cringing once in a while;)

:D:D 

Funny enough, my "flagship fondling friends" rather really like my (as of last year) $250 LeEco Le Pro 3. 

Edit: the speakers are really great too. The first phone I've had with better speakers than my 2010-era Nintendo 3DS.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

And it will probably run Marshmallow forever.  That might not seem like a huge detail on the surface, but Android didn't even have a built-in flashlight utility at that point.  

Small errors of fact aside, I continue to enjoy this series.  Thanks, LMG.  

4 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Does it though?...

image.png

lol not really

4 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Does it though?...

image.png

I haven't bought any of that cheap nasty stuff

I'd much rather get a used Nexus 6P for around this price. It will have far superior software and still has a better screen than this.

I don't think that you can actually buy a truly great phone new for under $400, unless you're willing to settle for crappy software and at least one or two big hardware compromises. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

On 01/07/2018 at 7:22 PM, nicklmg said:

Buy Umidigi S2: 
On Amazon: http://geni.us/ykujCdL
On Newegg: http://geni.us/fpCcmZY

Is your Pixel 2 really worth $700? Is your iPhone X really worth a grand? This cheap Chinese phone sucks- but it doesn’t suck THAT bad… Is this the best phone for the money?

Hey, I've noticed you guys mention in a couple of recent videos about the lower quality Netflix on some Chinese phones, but sounds like you're not sure why. It's to do with them lacking the DRM support that high quality Netflix and Amazon Prime streams use (Widevine level).

Here's a post on XDA that gives a decent overview:

www.xda-developers.com/android-netflix-hd-amazon-prime-video-hd-drm/amp/

Hope it helps!