(LOOKING for) An Actual AAA+ PC Title.

Go to solution Solved by Slottr,
2 minutes ago, System.exit(0) said:

Sure, take the sci-fi category. The Witcher does not seem like a sci-fi game.

Why watch a movie or read a book, surely there must be games out there that fit the criteria.

Considering you dont want to play a game with graphics pre-2015, you're kind of at a loss.

Hellblade is very good, but quite short. Tomb raider reboots are good.

Gonna keep this short ->

Is there any actual AAA+ PC Title which matches the following criteria:

• actually good graphics:
  • a good story
    • There isn't much to say tbh, Uncharted 4 had a really really good story but good luck running that on a PC :/
    • a bad example would be pretty much any pc game. lemme name a few:
    • Fallout 4 (basically run from A to B missions)
    • Bf4 had a few good moments but thats it.
    • Far Cry 4 & 5 garbage. Dead boring after the first few minutes! (fc3 will be the best ubisoft title and that's it).
  • good music / soundtracks that follow along:
    • Zero dawn for example had those or orchestral sound tracks when you saw something epic or tall.
    • Uncharted 4

Yes I know every "good" game I listed above is a console exclusive but sadly its the truth not because they on console (oh hell no) but rather that the companies bribe the devs to stick.

The Witcher 3

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

The Witcher 3

Never liked it, medieval fighting games are the worst of the worst.

1 minute ago, System.exit(0) said:

Never liked it, medieval fighting games are the worst of the worst.

Then you should probably just watch a Movie or read a book. The Witcher 3 is pretty universally viewed as the best game out there right now in all categories. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Then you should probably just watch a Movie or read a book. The Witcher 3 is pretty universally viewed as the best game out there right now in all categories. 

Hard to get into at first, but once you do.... holy crap youre in for the ride of your life.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Why watch a movie or read a book, surely there must be games out there that fit the criteria.

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Hard to get into at first, but once you do.... holy crap youre in for the ride of your life.

Are you refering to the movie or book part? Books well I'm looking for sci-fi dysotopsian solo-main-character books. Don't recommend 1984, I read it as much I can and its 100% imhhhhho the worst book I've ever read. Heck even lord of the flies that my friends child reads was more interesting than 1984.

PS: I gave 1984 away for free, took too much space for no reason.

Considering you dont want to play a game with graphics pre-2015, you're kind of at a loss.

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Are you refering to the movie or book part? Books well I'm looking for sci-fi dysotopsian solo-main-character books. Don't recommend 1984, I read it as much I can and its 100% imhhhhho the worst book I've ever read. Heck even lord of the flies that my friends child reads was more interesting than 1984.

PS: I gave 1984 away for free, took too much space for no reason.

Yeah, I don't think we can help you. 

Your tastes are pretty inverted. Only you know what you like, so I'd say go over to Steam and browse your queues. 

Good luck finding a game while being so stubborn

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

So we don't have any "Uncharted 4", "Last of US", "Zero Dawn" equvilant on pc? That's daunting, thanks pirates.

Since there's no ps4 emulation, is there any ps4 cloud gaming renting service?

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Good luck finding a game while being so stubborn

Leave if you can't even hold yourself for 2 minutes honestly how old are you 12?.

Completely pointless.

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yeah, I don't think we can help you. 

Your tastes are pretty inverted. Only you know what you like, so I'd say go over to Steam and browse your queues. 

Tried and found nothing except dying light and DL:The Following. Both completed 100%, pretty good but lack of soundtracks and a somewhat acceptable story are the only flaws.

2 hours ago, System.exit(0) said:

Gonna keep this short ->

Is there any actual AAA+ PC Title which matches the following criteria:

• actually good graphics:
  • a good story
    • There isn't much to say tbh, Uncharted 4 had a really really good story but good luck running that on a PC :/
    • a bad example would be pretty much any pc game. lemme name a few:
    • Fallout 4 (basically run from A to B missions)
    • Bf4 had a few good moments but thats it.
    • Far Cry 4 & 5 garbage. Dead boring after the first few minutes! (fc3 will be the best ubisoft title and that's it).
  • good music / soundtracks that follow along:
    • Zero dawn for example had those or orchestral sound tracks when you saw something epic or tall.
    • Uncharted 4

Yes I know every "good" game I listed above is a console exclusive but sadly its the truth not because they on console (oh hell no) but rather that the companies bribe the devs to stick.

Doom 2016

The last of Us (only if ya have a ps3/4 tho)

Metro serie

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

5 hours ago, System.exit(0) said:

Leave if you can't even hold yourself for 2 minutes honestly how old are you 12?.

Completely pointless.

I was going to help you but sorry. Good luck finding games! 

I don't know what kind of game you're looking for exactly.

Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided are pretty solid though graphically.... not as nice as HZD.

There's not any big AAA PC developers so anything you'd find would be cross platform, I don't know if you're trying to find "exclusives" or not.

There's now 2 Yakuza games that are on/going to be on PC soon, 1 is unreleased right now.

#Muricaparrotgang

As above check out the Metro series.  With regards to recent released sci-fi games that are "AAA" and don't suck, I don't think any exist.  There are some coming soon though, Cyber Punk 2077 and Anthem look promising.