CSGO professional players go public with CSPPA (CSGO Pro Union)

ItsMitch

S: https://esportsobserver.com/csgo-players-association-board/

csgo association

C: ESL

CS:GO professional players have officially gone public with a new CSPPA which aims to preserve player rights, serve as a union for all professional players and to provide them with legal assistance when negotiating new contracts. 

The Counter-Strike Database-Link-e1521645463907 Professional Players’ Association (CSPPA) has officially gone public, announcing its founding leadership board. The board consists of seven professional CS:GO players from around the world including Epitacio “TACO” de Melo and Tarik “tarik” Celik. Within the first year of operation, the association’s members will need to confirm this board or elect a new one.

To date, roughly 90 top players have joined the association. According to the CSPPA’s announcement on HLTV, “Any player who is contracted or actively seeking a contract as a professional Counter-Strike player and ‘who competes at an elite level’ is eligible to be an active member of the CSPPA.”

The daily operations for CSPPA will include legal council for professional players, assist them in signing contracts with new professional teams and negotiating brand new contracts. Døi sent a statement to HLTV regarding the matter. 

"As any other players’ association, we will work to secure the best possible working conditions for players in CS:GO, while of course taking into account the special nature of the industry," Døi added.

"In any sport, it makes sense that players can influence their employment conditions. There is certainly a huge difference in how CS:GO contracts are structured, and there will definitely be players that could benefit from guidance when signing them.

"Our goal is to represent the players in the best possible way and help the entire scene grow in a positive direction. We see a lot of possibilities for doing that."

How to join you may wonder? As long as you're contracted or are actively seeking a contract with a team and competes at "Elite level" is eligible to join CSPPA. The CSPPA will be reaching out to players to inform them of eligibility. 

Imho this will end up being a literal shitshow, unions for pro players barely work, even if they do they are run like hot garbage, I do really hope that this can be a thing, but I have my doubts. 

1 hour ago, SC2Mitch said:

"I'm not being paid enough, union says I can strike" 

And finally they'll be playing for food and for not being shot in the head

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

proof that gamers are the most oppressed group

what

12 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

I expect a players revolution and then CS communism

Seize the means of frames per second

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

And yet, lowly IT workers don't have a union.

I know we could use one here in Virginia.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

What if they go on strike to prevent the players from going on strike - a counter-strike. 

My view on this topic consists of:

1) It's not a sport

2) I don't think they are badly done by considering a CSGO player is two-a-penny these days and they play games all day.

This isn't really much of a union. It's a cross-nation association, so it's more of a players coordination group. It should help bring certain standardizations to the scene, which is good.

How many eligible players are there?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

How many eligible players are there?

Hundreds, thousands even, If you're playing at a professional level and or have experience in the pro scene (Premier / Major / Minor event history) then you'll be contacted by CSPPA from what I'm reading. 

2 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Hundreds, thousands even, If you're playing at a professional level and or have experience in the pro scene (Premier / Major / Minor event history) then you'll be contacted by CSPPA from what I'm reading. 

I'd like to see the books, genuinely interested how an organization like this can fund itself with the type of work it intends to carry out.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

"CS:GO Players shall take over the memes of production!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

They play video games ffs..... 

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

Mads Øland is involved; this could turn into a shit show. But the idea is sound if done right. Things are quite messy so maybe this'll help bring things in order.

10 hours ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Dead game.

F*** off will you

2 hours ago, -TesseracT- said:

F*** off will you

It kinda is, even I who played CS since 1.5 acknowledges it's too outdated nowadays, sure as a e-sports there is still no better game, however VALVe really forgot about it and left it in the past.

Just the fact it's still running off a 2003 game engine to this date should be enough to tell any one how much VALVe cares about the game itself... only the $$$$ matters.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

10 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Dead game.

Game with 300k daily players is dead, kkk

8 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Just the fact it's still running off a 2003 game engine to this date should be enough to tell any one how much VALVe cares about the game itself... only the $$$$ matters.

It's updated to source 2, no? Whole new engine. 

5 minutes ago, -TesseracT- said:

Game with 300k daily players is dead, kkk

Dead.

1 minute ago, SC2Mitch said:

09fc4162f3.png

if that's dead then i don't know what's alive 

No new content for years and has been losing players big time for the past two years, it's dead and buried, it's a corpse.

Dead game.

dead gaem.jpg