CSGO professional players go public with CSPPA (CSGO Pro Union)

ItsMitch
4 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Since there are only two games on steam surpassing czgo in player numbers, i guess there are only two games on steam that are not dead. Or maybe, since pubg has gone down in player numbers, that game is also dead, and dota 2 is the only game that is "alive". 

Well cool I guess. 

Those saying game is dead, like what there are games with much less players that are not dead at all. And what content, it's CS and balance needs to be there too. Also engine wise, it works for such a game so what's the big deal. It will be upgraded to Source 2 eventually too. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

44 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

It's updated to source 2, no? Whole new engine. 

Nope it's not. Only Dota2 got updated to source 2.

For CS:GO as far as we know Valve only plans to backport the UI elements from source2 to cs:go. Not the in game stuff.

Source 2 may be modern but it contains a new physics engine and lots of changes. You can imagine how the cs players will freak out if there are small changes even to the player movement or the way grenades bounce or the visibility changes from new lighting engine and particle effects etc.

From what I read online cs players don't like change, the stuff I mentioned above is more important to them than a modern map editor, or the potential to make new maps with high fidelity graphics, or Vulkan API support, or realistic physics and global illumination etc.

I have only played cs casually so I would welcome the changes. But the hardcore playerbase would crucify valve. For example if they port it to a new engine and make some new high fidelity maps I would be more than happy to enjoy the visuals and get 120fps. But the hardcore players will complain cause they want 300+ fps.

40 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Nope it's not. Only Dota2 got updated to source 2.

Ah, Dota 2 is valve's little baby afterall, ofc it gets the best treatment lol. 

8 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

Ah, Dota 2 is valve's little baby afterall, ofc it gets the best treatment lol. 

Yeah cause it makes them way more money.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.