Issues witht he text editor, mainly in PM's

mr moose

Of late I have been having issues with the text editor box in PM. 

1.If I close a post before replying, the information stays in the editor permantly, it doesn't seem to matter how many times I clear the editor cache, every time I go to make a new reply it brings up the last unposted content.

2.It has started to misplace the cursor, If I move the mouse to the end of a sentence it will place the cursor at the start of the sentence or it will click one of the tool buttons (like italic or alignment) at the top of the post instead.  It will also not let me carriage return to a new line.  Sometimes highlighting whole sentences can be an issue because it seems to randomly move the cursor from the start to the end of a line.

3. When I click on a PM with multiple pages, it takes me to the very first page even though I have viewed all the pages before (even during the same session).

I do not seem to have these issues with new posts or new PM, just ones that I have come back to post in a second time or more. I am using FF on win10 with all the latest updates for both, I am running adblock Plus but the LTT URL is whitelisted and I am running greasemonkey (although I don't remember why and it hasn't been a problem before).

Cheers for any help.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Thank you, i wanted to make this post since a long while now, the most frustrating is it brings back to the first page of the conversation and i'd have to go to the last page and few pages back and look for the last message i've read. and the editor always keeps a copy of what i typed or canceled editing even after visiting the site after a month. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

1 hour ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Thank you, i wanted to make this post since a long while now, the most frustrating is it brings back to the first page of the conversation and i'd have to go to the last page and few pages back and look for the last message i've read. and the editor always keeps a copy of what i typed or canceled editing even after visiting the site after a month. 

Are you using FF too?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 6/28/2018 at 4:29 PM, mr moose said:

Are you using FF too?

Chrome, but the problem still persists. sometimes it even remembers a post i didn't end up posting on PM on my phone months ago.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

19 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Chrome, but the problem still persists. sometimes it even remembers a post i didn't end up posting on PM on my phone months ago.

If it's not browser related I wonder what's causing it then.

On 28/06/2018 at 5:30 AM, mr moose said:

1.If I close a post before replying, the information stays in the editor permantly, it doesn't seem to matter how many times I clear the editor cache, every time I go to make a new reply it brings up the last unposted content.

That's not a messenger specific issue, but I believe it will be fixed in the next update. If it isn't (or if it's not fixed when I launch the beta, which will probably be within the next month), please let me know and I can report it to IPS.

2.It has started to misplace the cursor, If I move the mouse to the end of a sentence it will place the cursor at the start of the sentence or it will click one of the tool buttons (like italic or alignment) at the top of the post instead.  It will also not let me carriage return to a new line.  Sometimes highlighting whole sentences can be an issue because it seems to randomly move the cursor from the start to the end of a line.

That's really weird, and I've not had that on Firefox Linux. Can you try without any extensions (click ≡, Help, Restart with add-ons disabled) to rule extensions out as a possible cause.

3. When I click on a PM with multiple pages, it takes me to the very first page even though I have viewed all the pages before (even during the same session).

It's been like this for a while, and it is annoying. In the next update it will take you to the first unread message when you access it using the messages dropdown, though changing message within the messenger UI probably will still go to page 1.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

That's not a messenger specific issue, but I believe it will be fixed in the next update. If it isn't (or if it's not fixed when I launch the beta, which will probably be within the next

month), please let me know and I can report it to IPS.

Will do.

That's really weird, and I've not had that on Firefox Linux. Can you try without any extensions (click ≡, Help, Restart with add-ons disabled) to rule extensions out as a possible cause.

It stopped doing it now.  No Idea why or what caused it but if it comes back I'll do that and report back.

It's been like this for a while, and it is annoying. In the next update it will take you to the first unread message when you access it using the messages dropdown, though changing message within the messenger UI probably will still go to page 1.

thanks for looking into all of this.