Battlefield V - EA just announced Battle Royal for the game

crosstiger
8 hours ago, lvh1 said:

Well, they removed the rush game mode, which had been in all recent bf titles. Guess they want those people to play operations now. 

Huh? Where did you get that info?

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

7 minutes ago, lvh1 said:

https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/news/article/battlefield-5-grand-operations-and-multiplayer-modes

There's no mention of rush on this page (except about the text about frontlines), so it probably won't be in the game.

Sounds more like they are mixing different modes together. You know if the gamemodes work out fine we might don't need a specific rush mode since that gameplay might be included in a different mode.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

On 6/9/2018 at 2:19 PM, RKRiley said:

If this carries on we can expect a BR mode being added into Goat Simulator any week now.

That'd actually be pretty sick tho.

I would love this.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

On 6/9/2018 at 12:23 PM, Dissitesuxba11s said:

At this point battle royale mode with become a staple in every multiplayer game like team deathmatch.

Next thing you will see is battle royale in Need for Speed.... 

Actually that may be a great idea!

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

53 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Next thing you will see is battle royale in Need for Speed.... 

Actually that may be a great idea!

If we get to that point, I would see it more like Burnout Paradise.

4 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

If we get to that point, I would see it more like Burnout Paradise.

Yeah the only Need for Speed I would like to see it in is long dead, and nearly forgotten.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

On 09/06/2018 at 7:51 PM, WereCatf said:

I am constantly pissed off by the fact that people call it battle royale in the first place. I mean, last-man-standing was a staple in multiplayer shooters since the 90's!

Well there is a difference between last man standing game modes and BR as most Last mand standing game modes you are spawned in already geared and surviving against a small number or other players over multiple rounds. While BR is a scavange,kill survive. They are similar in base standing but playout slightly differently.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

50 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

Well there is a difference between last man standing game modes and BR as most Last mand standing game modes you are spawned in already geared and surviving against a small number or other players over multiple rounds. While BR is a scavange,kill survive. They are similar in base standing but playout slightly differently.

I still don't really see the difference. Sure, the play-area is larger and there's more detail to it, but, as for the rest... well, you generally didn't spawn in last-man-standing with full armor and best weapons, you still had to go and find them -- their location in the maps was usually random from a dozen different spawnpoints -- and the games could have multiple rounds, too, simply depending on the server-settings.

Personally, I do not view the larger map and more detail in it being enough of a change to merit calling it something new.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, WereCatf said:

I still don't really see the difference. Sure, the play-area is larger and there's more detail to it, but, as for the rest... well, you generally didn't spawn in last-man-standing with full armor and best weapons, you still had to go and find them -- their location in the maps was usually random from a dozen different spawnpoints -- and the games could have multiple rounds, too, simply depending on the server-settings.

Personally, I do not view the larger map and more detail in it being enough of a change to merit calling it something new.

Like they are two similar game modes and tbh i wouldny view the genre as new either it is more the fact people have came to see Mass player counts and scavanging for weapons as a BR. Like i mentioned more of the iconic last man standing modes usually had you spawn in witha weapon and some sort of gear. May not be OP weapons n armour but it would have been something to increase your surviability.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

How would they even do this? Would you have allied soldiers fighting each other? Or will they make it so that every other player gets reskinned as the enemy team depending on who you are.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 hour ago, Shreyas1 said:

How would they even do this? Would you have allied soldiers fighting each other? Or will they make it so that every other player gets reskinned as the enemy team depending on who you are.

I think that depents on how the skin system will turn out. But the "worst" would be that you will see, I don't know, germans fighting germans. I wouldn't care much tbo.

Greetings from germany

1 hour ago, Shreyas1 said:

You will almost certainly be able to choose a skin based on whatever faction you want (that are in the game). There will probably be many skins you can unlock to choose from. 

So so in the BR, you’ll see every faction, and yes you could see allied fighting allied. 

Who cares? It’s a BR mode, and factions don’t matter in it. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 6/10/2018 at 6:21 AM, lvh1 said:

Well, they removed the rush game mode, which had been in all recent bf titles. Guess they want those people to play operations now. 

Rush in bf1 was kinda a joke tbh. Most if the maps in the previous games were built around rush and they did that quite well. I felt like with bf1 it was more of an afterthought and they just slapped some points different bases to rush on the map and called it good. 

On 6/10/2018 at 8:49 AM, Trik'Stari said:

And hopefully fade into memory for being overdone.

I really want battle royale to die off as a fad. Team Deathmatch, Conquest, Rush, or GTFO lol

You've got at least another 18 months before that happens

9 hours ago, WereCatf said:

It's got to do with that lootbox dopamine rush. Instead of the weapons just lying around you get to rummage through containers to find them.

Seriously, is anyone surprised?

Also I don't understand why anyone would complain - if it came at the expense of other game modes, sure, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

On 9/6/2018 at 9:13 PM, Blademaster91 said:

The thing i'd concerned about with this BR mode is everyone is gonna hop on BR because it's popular, leaving multiplayer empty.

If that is the case then clearly the vast majority people want a battle royale game rather than a normal battlefield one... even if a majority of those who buy it play BR the classic modes shouldn't be empty if anyone actually cares about them, and if nobody does so be it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Seriously, is anyone surprised?

Also I don't understand why anyone would complain - if it came at the expense of other game modes, sure, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

If that is the case then clearly the vast majority people want a battle royale game than a normal battlefield one... even if a majority of those who buy it play BR the classic modes shouldn't be empty if anyone actually cares about them, and if nobody does so be it.

Yeah I see no problems here.

If everyone goes to play BR and leaves regular multiplayer empty, then I guess people aren't interested in regular multiplayer?

Seems rather bizarre and backwards to want to artificially populate your preferred multiplayer mode by removing a popular mode simply because you don't like what people are actually enjoying.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I would just love to see a good old well done game again.. No agendas, no this or that, just a well done game with a great single player that leads in well to the multiplayer bit. With a big ole' "No Bullshit" sticker on the case..

Today it just seems to be nothing more than competing game modes with a skin of a game thrown in, just to sell it. We are lucky to even get a single player version with most today as run and gun seems to rule the day.

I miss the good old days of clan based gaming,,

Passmark 4507

Time Spy   3837

Fire Strike   11287

If i wanted to play battle royale, id play PUBG

If i wanted to play battlefield, id play battlefield

7 hours ago, ravenshrike said:

You've got at least another 18 months before that happens

It's got to do with that lootbox dopamine rush. Instead of the weapons just lying around you get to rummage through containers to find them.

Indeed.

And personally I find Battle Royale mode completely pointless. Maybe because I have a fearless play style and tend to die quite often in FPS games. But personally I like the ability to keep respawning and getting in trigger time as well as revives (at least in battlefield games). Instead of maybe getting a single kill, dying, and then having to find another lobby to join, only to repeat the process ad-infinitum.

Honestly, for me, the very idea of Battle Royale runs completely contrary to what Battlefield is good at. Pure non-stop action and extreme chaos.

If I am going to spend my precious time not spent working for shit wages playing a game, I want to maximize my play time and minimize my time spent in menu's or queues.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This reminds me of DrDisrespect saying that BR would get interesting if one of the big names got their hands on it, specifically Dice. And here we go its an attempt (not a full stand alone game but its somehting) ! Im very much looking forward to it as I love BF1 and sniping physics and mechanics are the same <3 .

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Great... Battle Royale is becoming what was high fantasy to me. Everybody being super hyped over goblins/magic and competitive survival, whereas I still cannot understand how either of them are popular... AT ALL.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.