Where are the videos?

I've seen lots of videos about the event from paulshardware, bitwitkyle, hardwarecanucks, jayztwocents, gamersnexus....
Where are the LTT videos? I know LTT(or LMG for that matter) might have higher production standards, but I'm looking for anything ranging from vlogs to short B-rolls videos with a minute or two of voiceovers, I just want videos ._.

What are you talking about? He just uploaded one today, regarding RGB control from Corsair.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

He made 2 today I believe

If you're wondering why they're not on the forum, I don't think the CES coverage got here either

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Precisely. One today. There's the one posted 4h ago, another one 16h ago with the CPU that has a screen and then there's the ROG phone video that I found out about from unboxtherapy 2 days ago.

14 minutes ago, PGhiran said:

Precisely. One today. There's the one posted 4h ago, another one 16h ago with the CPU that has a screen and then there's the ROG phone video that I found out about from unboxtherapy 2 days ago.

So 3 videos? 

Paul's hardware has posted 3 and Jayztwocents has posted 3, yet you've used them as your example for 'lots of videos from...' when they've posted the same amount lol. 

Also let's be honest, they all say the same crap in their videos from Computex anyways, not missing much by Linus not having a video up as all the same points will get covered by the other channels you mentioned. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

8 minutes ago, PGhiran said:

they are a one-video per day channel normally. and they are keeping to that.

i dont see the issue? they are actually uploading more than normal because they are at CES

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

3 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

one-video per day

clickbait vids, like Linus is overwhelmed lolol

16 minutes ago, PGhiran said:

higher production standards

Now that is funny as fuck. High, I think not. Quality is good from the camera and equipment they use, content on the other hand. I just gotta look at the video's plastered on the right hand side of this page and I shake my head side to side.

9 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

So 3 videos? 

Paul's hardware has posted 3 and Jayztwocents has posted 3, yet you've used them as your example for 'lots of videos from...' when they've posted the same amount lol. 

Also let's be honest, they all say the same crap in their videos from Computex anyways, not missing much by Linus not having a video up as all the same points will get covered by the other channels you mentioned. 

You're missing the point by a large margin.

Bitwit has posed 7. Hardwarecanucks 10 or so.

I was also mentioning the ones with the same number of videos because

A: They have less resources;

B: To prove there are actually lots of things you can post about.

2 videos were posted recently.

One was about Linus' face on Asus' new AIO cooler, and something about a fan controller thing. Whenever you are on the forum, you can scroll down and see the most recent videos from all 4 channels. LinusTechTips, Tech Quickie, Channel Super Fun and Tech Linked.

And yes, LTT does have a higher production value. They record in 8K, and editing and rendering that takes a very long time. They are not just using an iPhone 6 and uploading to YouTube. There is lots of planning needed to make the video as good as it is.

hi.

I don't mind that much because watching the same thing covered by 5 different youtubers gets pretty boring fast.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

So far there has been 4 videos from Computex. At least that is what's on the frontpage of Floatplane for me.

Also I'm pretty sure Linus addressed this a while ago (like before Computex last year..?) that they weren't going to pump out videos from trade shows like they used to, where as they'll trickle down over a period of time. Now with Luke out of the picture, it's just Linus, so he can only do so much.

Plus with the myriad of other channels there like Hardware Canucks, Paul's Hardware, Bitwit, Level1Techs, JayzTwoCents, TechYesCity, GGF, Gamers Nexus, Tek Syndicate & Science Studio. I kinda feel we don't need LTT to be pushing out 5-10 videos a day from these trade shows. Especially since LTT is not in its infancy anymore trying to climb the ladder, they're at the top rung now & don't need to work as hard to get there, just enough to stay where they are.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

i imagine floatplane has them the moment they clear editing ._. (might be wrong, because i can't afford floatplane)

Dont bother with floatplane, it aint worth it with the content being produced.

I'm also quite disappointed by their coverage this year.

I mean LMG has a big team but for some reason they managed to publish "only" 9 video's. (10 in total because of WAN-show)

Meanwhile GN has 20... That's double the amount of video's and they are a much smaller team.

And it's not like there's a massive quality difference because the first i think 2 video's from LTT had some weird audio.

I mean come on they could at least cover Noctua, they made the limited LTT fans!

Seems to me they only visited asus, corsair, AMD, a weird one with some nice tech but not relevant for us (the imac in a case one) and the one with the prototype der8auer prototype cooler.

There's no way they only went to 5 booths.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Seems to me they only visited asus, corsair, AMD

paid sponsors for lmg

Pretty trash show this year, to be honest. 

No new CPU, no new GPU, already saw ASUS' 4k 144hz monitor back in the studio. 

From talking to others I'd be surprised if the whole gang shows up next year at all and we will likely not stay so long. 

I'm at the point where if it doesn't jump out at me as different I'm not making a video about it. A Hyper 212, but now with RGB doesn't qualify. 

For reference, our sponsors for the show were Corsair and LastPass. We covered what we thought was interesting, and avoided flooding the channel in a way that would hurt us algorithmically. 

Edit: there is one more video still coming, btw. Almost didn't make a video at the MSI booth, but then they pulled something cool out of their ass. 

2 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

A Hyper 212, but now with RGB doesn't qualify. 

B..B...But it's RGB for the masses, the hottest trend right now.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

From talking to others I'd be surprised if the whole gang shows up next year at all and we will likely not stay so long. 

I'm at the point where if it doesn't jump out at me as different I'm not making a video about it. A Hyper 212, but now with RGB doesn't qualify. 

For reference, our sponsors for the show were Corsair and LastPass. We covered what we thought was interesting, and avoided flooding the channel in a way that would hurt us algorithmically. 

Edit: there is one more video still coming, btw. Almost didn't make a video at the MSI booth, but then they pulled something cool out of their ass. 

Damn, Linus just roasted Computex.

I wouldn't be surprised if the building burned down because you just burned them so hard...

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

B..B...But it's RGB for the masses, the hottest trend right now.

Don't talk about my GF that way.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Wait... What about Threadripper 2? Or does that not count as Computex? (ie was it at a different location but conveniently at the same time as Computex)

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

RGB

blahhhh

flash sells!

2 hours ago, LinusTech said:

but then they pulled something cool out of their ass

I'm waaay too visually minded... I hope for them it wasn't too big of a product reveal xD

5 hours ago, samcool55 said:

I'm also quite disappointed by their coverage this year.

Yeah, they should've made a Phantex Evolv X coverage because after HardwareCanucks, Bitwit, Paul's Hardware, Science Studio and probably many others did it, we need another input :D

Face it, 80% of that Computex were the new PC cases - and for me the only interesting was the Z Tower from In Win. The rest was pretty unremarkable, either not new or just not worthy of coverage.

The other potentially interesting thing was the new watercooling stuff from EK because for one it's nice looking wood and two, apparently they redesigned some of their blocks so some people here on the forums will be happy.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

2 hours ago, LinusTech said:

20 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

Yeah, they should've made a Phantex Evolv X coverage because after HardwareCanucks, Bitwit, Paul's Hardware, Science Studio and probably many others did it, we need another input :D

Face it, 80% of that Computex were the new PC cases - and for me the only interesting was the Z Tower from In Win. The rest was pretty unremarkable, either not new or just not worthy of coverage.

The other potentially interesting thing was the new watercooling stuff from EK because for one it's nice looking wood and two, apparently they redesigned some of their blocks so some people here on the forums will be happy.

I agree... Computex was a big let down in my opinion. There wasn´t a case I liked and I was getting really sick of the RGB. 

I am curious to see where Seasonic´s cable management thingie goes, although I will definitely not be getting one because I like my custom cables. ;)  

I would have liked to see some coverage on the ASUS ProArt PA34V (if it was even there).

One more thing I found pretty cool is the wooden covers from EK for the blocks, opens up a lot more interesting options for case mods. 

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)