I swear Corsair scammed me. Corsair Gaming K70 RapidFire - Red LED - Cherry MX Speed

zindan

Corsair Gaming K70 RapidFire - Red LED - Cherry MX Speed
 I just bought this keyboard https://www.netonnet.se/art/gaming/gamingtangentbord/corsair-gaming-k70-rapidfire-red-led-cherry-mx-speed/231207.9349/
The main reason for chosing this over another was because I wanted the long shift button. On the back and front of the keyboard box the shift button is long but when I unboxed it the shift button is super short. I drove a long way for this keyboard what the hell. And no there are no additional shift buttons in the box. 

34506965_1733166736719202_8018604259736027136_n.thumb.jpg.2e93494b5d88076371b7348941b06fba.jpg34506029_1733166793385863_1415140953223593984_n.thumb.jpg.7ff22a05bfeb63357b5351e38ae935ed.jpg

What can I do exactly?  

ONE MORE THING!!! It doesent work on the ps4 I mean like what ?!?!

Thankfull for replies.

1 minute ago, CutieFX said:

Call customer support or just simply give it back and buy another keyboard with long shift

The store is so far away and I am inlines skating all the way there it takes about 1 hour to get there..... I swear they should come and replace it in my home.

4 minutes ago, zindan said:

-snip-

Looks like you wanted the US English layout, but you purchased another layout.

You can return it no problem where you bough it, and make SURE you get the US English Layout.

What the heck is that little key doing there? Almost seems like a production error

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

And I thought their non standard bottom row was the worst 'feature' of Corsair keyboards..

Also, where I live some keyboards also have to format and I can't understand why. ANSI keyboards all the way!

Here in Europe you CANNOT trust the outer box or product pictures as they always show the US layout, but your keyboard definitely has some differing keys. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Looks like you wanted the US English layout, but you purchased another layout.

You can return it no problem where you bough it, and make SURE you get the US English Layout.

There was no info on this anywhere. And this is the only one they got. 

1 minute ago, AntiTrust said:

What the heck is that little key doing there? Almost seems like a production error

I know?! What the heck man. Why would anyone do this, it's so stupid. 

box is ANSI while the nordic layout is ISO based:

Bildresultat för 100% ISO layout

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, AntiTrust said:

It's actually standard on the ISO keyboard layout, which is common in Europe. 

Usually gaming keyboards are US (ANSI) layout, but I know they make exceptions for the Scandinavian layouts.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Looks like you won't be using shift to sprint.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

And I thought their non standard bottom row was the first of Corsair keyboards..

Also, where I live some keyboards also have to format and I can't understand why. ANSI keyboards all the way!

Here in Europe you CANNOT trust the outer box or product pictures as they always show the US layout, but your keyboard definitely has some differing keys. 

2 minutes ago, AntiTrust said:

Just now, zindan said:

I know?! What the heck man. Why would anyone do this, it's so stupid. 

in Sweden we have the Nordic layout because we have å, ä and ö to cram on there aswell. it has the same amount of keys as standard ISO but we have put a load of stuff together and swapped them around to fit the nordic languages better :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

in Sweden we have the Nordic layout because we have å, ä and ö to cram on there aswell. it has the same amount of keys as standard ISO but we have put a load of stuff together and swapped them around to fit the nordic languages better :)

Jävla skit. So there is no way to get a long shiftkey whilst having å ä ö ?

Ah you got a ISO-layout one. We Swedish people use it for ><|. And the boxes usually don't have a ISO-layout keyboard on it but the ANSI-layout you use... I'm curious about how the enter key looks like? 

Just now, zindan said:

Yes there is but. You will give up ><|. I actually use a K95 with ansi. 

3 minutes ago, zindan said:

There was no info on this anywhere.

DonaldTrumpWrong.gif

3 minutes ago, zindan said:

And this is the only one they got. 

Well obviously.

image.png.c02f71ab7ba89435e2dcc4ef3d52f16b.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Actually.. We have 105 keys. Regular English layout has 104. We are superior 

2 minutes ago, zindan said:

you can screw about with the keycaps i guess, but you would loose either the key for <>| or some other keys. the small shift really isnt a problem IMO but if thats what you wanted then that kinda sucks i guess

Builds:

Spoiler

Yeah pretty much a layout thing, Bahrain and the UK both use ISO and honestly I prefer it. Very preference based, but I'm sure if you call them and ask them they will tell you if you they have any ANSI keyboard, but really it no biggie.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Alright guys I will settle with this crap. 

Why isn't it working on the ps4 though ?  And why are there 2 usb outputs? 

Just now, zindan said:

As for why the ps4 someone else has to answer but my guess that the second plug is for USB-passtrough. Iirc that keyboard has a USB port on the back. 

Next time. Do your research better on exactly what you see buying. If you ever have keyboard questions hit me up :) 

2 minutes ago, zindan said:

one of the USB ports is for the LEDs and one for the data, you probably plugged in the LED one instead of the data one

Builds:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

In the Dutch language we occasionally use letters with 'accessories', like é,ë and a couple more, but these aren't used often enough to warrant a key of their own, so we can 'make' these letters by first pressing another characters (like an apostrophe or quotation mark before pressing the letter e)

Yea, looks like you'll need to order one directly from US (if you order from Canada, make sure it is marked ANSI or US Language, and NOT multi-language)

5 minutes ago, Cheezdoodlez said:

As for why the ps4 someone else has to answer but my guess that the second plug is for USB-passtrough. Iirc that keyboard has a USB port on the back. 

Next time. Do your research better on exactly what you see buying. If you ever have keyboard questions hit me up :) 

Thank you, will do. 

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

one of the USB ports is for the LEDs and one for the data, you probably plugged in the LED one instead of the data one

Nahh. I plugged in both.

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

In the Dutch language we occasionally use letters with 'accessories', like é,ë and a couple more, but these aren't used often enough to warrant a key of their own, so we can 'make' these letters by first pressing another characters (like an apostrophe or quotation mark before pressing the letter e)

Å, ä, ö is an integral part to the Swedish language so it would suck bad to have to press another button to use those letters. :P